• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Parted Ways Update (October 17)

Started by Eternal, October 17, 2012, 08:47:35 pm

Eternal

So, as you guys may or may not know, I'm starting school really soon, and my personal life is going through a lot right now. I'm going to be moving soon and there's a lot of family drama. To that end, it's really hard to focus on this project. I'm worn down- exhausted. To that end, I'm going to keep working on PW, but the next update/release will likely be summer. I'm aware it's a long time from now, but by that time, things will have settled down a lot and I'll be in a better state of mind to put my full foot forward on this project, as it rightfully deserves. Make no mistake, PW's not dead, and is still being worked on behind-the-scenes, albeit slowly.

I appreciate everyone who has helped thus far, namely Pride, Celdia, Kage, and Elric, and I appreciate your understanding!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

Hope everything goes well for you Eternal. You have my support buddy :)
You dare cross blades with me?

Eternal

Parted Ways 2.0 has made continued progress. Skills are being cleaned up and revamped, and items are also becoming rebalanced and cleaned up. ENTDs are being rebalanced and redone. Events will be being worked on after Elric finishes up Chapter I of Jot5.

Some things to look forward to:

-Corsairs. Corsairs are Gamblers who utilize all long-distance physical weapons- Longbows, Crossbows, and Guns. I think I brought them up before, but they'll have a skillset based entirely around luck and manipulating luck. With things like Concentrate and the Sure Shot skill, they can ensure their normal attacks land. Their abilities, however, are entirely  based on luck (except for Sure Shot). The bigger risk you take, the bigger your reward. You could end up Dooming or Reraising your entire party in one fell swoop. Life's a chip in the pile...

-New Shinobi. New Shinobi will have Throw as a primary skillset, and is unable to use any primary skill outside of Gil Toss/Gil Toss II. Instead, however, they come with a hidden skillset only triggered by their innate Reaction: Ninjutsu. It's basically Counter Flood (it is in everything but name), and it's the Shinobi's primary means of assault. Basically, the more enemies attempt to attack them, the more they evade, cripple, and damage enemy teams. So unlike most "stealth" classes, they're entirely meant to be put on the front lines and take one attack after another. Their high EVD and Move allow them to do this with ease. However, due to Ninjutsu being an innate Reaction, no other Reaction can be fully utilized on them.

-Although many abilities that once used ALMA are now gone, they'll make returns as Accessories. I'm looking at you, Looming Shadow.

-Gil Toss.

-1000x more Tactics Ogre PSP spell quotes.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Reks

• Discord username: Reks#0128