• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:31:51 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

7 portraits in 7 days

Started by Lijj, January 28, 2013, 08:01:50 pm

Lijj

Quote from: Mobius on May 03, 1974, 12:47:24 pm
My favorite has to be the bandana girls in the 3rd row. Def.

^^
the new squire female it is.. Hopefully by chapter 2 we can get rid of my old black mages (hint hint Atma lol).
I gave them new ports and palettes but the sprites are the same old ones I made.
Other than that all the sprites are fresh (including brand new white mages and geomancers).  Oh, and the chemists are just edits of the originals I should have mentioned.
  • Modding version: PSX

Mobius

No not the squires.. She looks like an elementalist/geo or something.

5th row it is then.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Lijj

ah, that's the male geomancer.. they both look completely different in design than the vanilla ones sprite-wise. The male was made 100% from scratch arms and all, and the female was made from scratch except for the arms which came from the original version of something.. I can't remember what though right now.

Choto

Unexpectedly.. I have something to contribute to this topic =)

This is my first attempt at a portrait, so i'm sure it has some flaws that you pro's could point out to me.. Whachu tink mon?

Also, both of your artwork is a great example to follow, <3 you're guys' work

Celdia

Certainly a lot better than my first attempt ever was, Choto. She looks a little off because of the head tilt [that always makes the neck look too long/wide to me] but overall I like her.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Mobius

She looks like Lady Margaery Tyrell form Game of Thrones.  :)

The pixels themselves are good, if not a little too smooth. Eye-to-mouth distance could be longer too.

Let me update my portraits.

In order:
Eleanor Garanthir, Alicia, male Knight, male Dragoon
Lord Clarion Gunvald, Lady Eydis Gunvald, Liege Lord Halldor Gunvald, Zombie.
Special thanks to Jumza for the Dragoon. Mine's just a tweaked version of his original.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.

Lijj

Both the Gunvalds are great! He's truly a northern warrior; oh how I hope to see these characters come to life.

CONMAN

I love this thread, and it reminds me of my real lack of port/general art skills :oops:.  Liege Lord Halldor Gunvald- Good god this port is amazing!

Lijj

May 18, 2013, 02:49:51 am #128 Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:08:12 am by Lijj
My homework's late.. hmm I'll just turn it in here :lol:.

finally an update for that oracle:
I'm not sure why I never bothered to update it before; Mitchi asked me to do this a couple weeks ago. And before then it just slipped my mind. I guess I thought it had been handled & had too many other things to focus on.

Here's the one that's been on the sheet since JOT5 started taking off.

and if you want to see how I was (how long ago was it I 1st joined?); my first attempt:
:shock:

Reks

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

jimmyjw88

Mobius & Lijj ~ Those are some amazing portraits!!
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Mobius

Here's a latest one I did so as to stop changing my avi as often as a female teenager changes her Facebook profile picture.

Resembles my real life image.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Mobius

Quote from: jimmyjw88 on June 10, 2013, 02:51:23 am
Is your hair that long??

Longer.

Like a shaman.

More portraits coming. Guys, this is going slow here. I can't feed these threads forever!

Kagebunji

You have really long hair, haha. I would like to do some portraits, but I don't know on who I should start. Perhaps some Vergil from Devil May Cry.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Quote from: Mobius on June 10, 2013, 03:07:39 am
Longer.

Like a shaman.

:shock: Longer?! Wow...

Quote from: Mobius on June 10, 2013, 03:07:39 amMore portraits coming. Guys, this is going slow here. I can't feed these threads forever!

Hah, with my poor skill, my portrait takes forever.

Mobius

7 portraits in 7 days?

How about four portraits in 1 day?

Im making this palette my standard, in skin color and hair color. The original is too orange'y.
I would promote it's usage. :)

SilverRegret

overall voted for the first one.. looks determined.
it just me but the 3rd horn would suit better, i think..

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Quote from: Mobius on May 11, 2013, 10:30:50 pm

My oh my, these are awesome!

MiKeMiTchi

Those extended ports rock! I like the third summoner the most. ;)

The last one is just... so horny!!!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi