• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:00:13 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hello all, just a random newbie here

Started by ShadowDragon15, December 12, 2013, 03:49:04 pm

ShadowDragon15

Hello all, I just made my first account to this forum about... 30 minutes ago, and I'm happy to begin contributing my knowledge.
Strategy is just magical.

Dome

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

ShadowDragon15

I truly hope they do, but I've got no idea what my dreams are right now. being only 18 and all.

Angel

I can definitely say all of my dreams came true! :o

Welcome!
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Jumza

Quote from: ShadowDragon15 on December 13, 2013, 09:23:07 am
I truly hope they do, but I've got no idea what my dreams are right now. being only 18 and all.

Age doesn't seem to count for much on the internet, I'm only 15 and am a member of the JoT5 team :o (though inactive at the moment :P we teens aren't very good at managing times so school takes over a lot of it :P)

My dreams have come true as well ;)
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

ShadowDragon15

I can definitely agree to school being super time consuming... especially soon with graduation and college planning. But, I've always been on the look out for forums, and FFT: WoTL is one of my favorite games so it only seemed logical.

Zotis

All my FFT dreams came true... but my dream of meeting Jennifer Lawrence and her not turning out to be crazy... has slimmer chances...

Welcome ShadowDragon15, and don't miss the FFTArena!

ShadowDragon15

I would love to get started. I've already been reading through some of the Arena threads. I would love to get into it, but I have no idea where to start. All I've got is a computer, a PSP, and my own copy of FFT: WOTL.

Zotis

Start by reading A Beginner's Guide to FFT Arena and AI Team Building Guide 2.0.  There is quite a bit of information but it is worth it to read it all so you can avoid making a lot of basic mistakes off the bat.  When you feel like you've absorbed most of that then use the FFT Arena Master Guide for all of the abilities and items to make your team.  When you've gotten everything you want in the right format then post it in the Team Submissions Thread.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions as you're reading through those threads and making your team.  I'm not the most knowledgeable person here, but if I can't answer it Barren surely can.  : )

ShadowDragon15

January 08, 2014, 12:17:09 pm #9 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:23:44 pm by ShadowDragon15
Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: I'm running on a mac that as been provided by my current school. So there are certain blocks put into place that I just can't get around, so the Excel gaignun I am not able to access. So what should I do?

Zotis

That's only used for making your own videos.  To make a team for competing with the rest of us you don't need to.  Just submit your team and other people will make the videos.

ShadowDragon15

Great, that explains a lot. Now hopefully I can get started! but for now, must continue reading!

Zotis

Glad I could help, so what kind of team are you going to try first?  My first team was a glass cannon team that got really lucky and somehow managed to win it's first match, but I totally scrapped it shortly thereafter.

ShadowDragon15

Knowing beforehand that my first team won't actually be that amazing, isn't going to stop me. So for my first team I'm just gonna have a bit of magical fun, so to speak. I'm going to try to incorporate a scholar, time mage, and wizard with a paladin. probably going to use the time mage to buff and debuff, scholar to debuff and heal, wizard to damage and heal, paladin to damage and tank.

Zotis

Sounds pretty well rounded.  There's a lot of things different from the FFT games so that will take some getting used to.  It's just trial and error.  I just made a petrify team, well it's pretty well balanced in terms of heals and buffs and whatnot, but my win condition is petrify.  It's something I never tried before, so I'm eagerly waiting to see how it goes.  My best team so far is just all out magic aoe.  Except it got wrecked by a sleep/death sentence team.  : D

ShadowDragon15

When I finish a team where should I post it?

Zotis

ShadowDragon15

And people will check it over for me on that thread, so I know if I went over any restrictions and whatnot?

Zotis

They may message you, or just delete random abilities if you went over.  I always have a separate window on the side tallying my points up, but I still mess up sometimes.

ShadowDragon15

January 08, 2014, 03:31:16 pm #19 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:29:28 pm by ShadowDragon15
Quick question. I've been reading FFMaster's Arena Master Guide, and I'm just assuming that item equips are still job dependent, right? (i.e. guns go to chemists and mediators, and lances only go to lancers) my problem is I've never memorized which jobs may equip which types of items. So I'm shaky on some jobs and their compatible weapon equips.

EDIT: despite this lingering question, I have completed one character. Introducing to you, Ghast. She constructs 1/4 of the team known as Darkness Rising. Just wanted to post her alone here, just to know if I'm actually doing this correctly. I kept the sections labeled and such so as to not confuse myself. So please let me know how I did. Thanks!

Name: Ghast
Zodiac: Scorpio
Fury: 40
Faith: 70

Primary Class: Wizard
Secondary Class: Summoner

Reaction: MA Save
Support: Magic Attack Up
Movement: Move MP Up

Right Hand: Rainbow Staff
Left Hand:
Head: Golden hairpin