• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:23:43 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Replace animated game sprites with 3d models?

Started by Bladegrasp1997, January 09, 2015, 11:52:55 am

Xifanie

Sadly, I don't believe there's a way. And with gomtuu gone... I don't see how the functionality could be added. :/
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Bladegrasp1997

Well, that sux.  I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is No, but does anyone have any idea how I might be able to contact him? If not, since Ganesha uses python scripts would someone who understands python coding be able to add the function?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angel

Many have tried, all have failed. If not for his site still being online, it would really seem like he vanished off the face of the Earth.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Jumza

You would need more than an understanding of python, you'd need to know quite a bit about the map files themselves to edit in that kind of functionality.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Bladegrasp1997

I guess I can focus on making use of the current state of the program. Thank you for the advice and information, I never thought I would get this far concerning what I originally had in mind. If anyone would like some custom maps I'd be glad to help.

3lric

Bladegrasp1997

What kind of stuff do you have in mind? Do you have any concept art or current levels you want customized?

gatebuster202

Quote from: Bladegrasp1997 on August 26, 2015, 12:09:47 pm
What kind of stuff do you have in mind? Do you have any concept art or current levels you want customized?

Bladegrasp. Anything you make would be awesome for all of us. We have been running the same maps since we started playing Tactics 17 years ago. Now Elric probably ha something's in mind for his super awesome project.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

3lric

I go have a couple things in mind, I'd just need to get them laid out in a coherent manner lol. I saw the one you showed Jumza. You should post it here. It's looking really nice. Have you messed with textures at all yet? It's not to bad at all really. Especially if you are just reusing ones that exist in that map.

Bladegrasp1997

I havn't tried importing textures yet. I'm still trying to get the hang of editing poly's. Here's the map I'm making for Jumza. There's still a lot more editing to do, but I like the way it's going so far.
http://postimg.org/image/g8occc9rv/

Jumza

I like the way it's going as well :) Great job so far!
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Bladegrasp1997

Thanks, glad you like it Jumza :v/:. I'm still working creating levels that are based on SOTN. Problem is trying to find maps that are similar texture wise.

Bladegrasp1997

Still trying to learn how to code, here's a tutorial on isometric levels. I'm not sure but I think FFT uses similar coding? If not I figure it might be useful for a reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go1qrWFw_bs

Bladegrasp1997

A couple of completed maps made using ganesha.

Angel

Not bad! I'm actually impressed, even.

On the first map, chimney at the far right has a polygon that's a bit oversized. I'm really intrigued by the library, though - that's some cool stuff.

Also, to capture just the window you have focus on, use Alt+PrintScreen to save yourself the effort of cropping.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Bladegrasp1997

Thanks, I couldn't find another tile the same size as rest of the chimney. I'll try to lower it enough so that it blends in to the roof. I think I may have added too many poly's for the library because when i try to open it in ganesha there's tons of missing faces. It seems to work fine for map2gl. Is there a limit to how many faces can be added?

Angel

There's a limit, yeah, but it seems to be an arbitrary limit based on map location. You won't know you hit it until it either breaks in Ganesha or crashes the game.

Jumza

Looks great man! These map edits are really creative! Have you tested them in game?

3lric

I don't know that he would be able to currently as I'm sure they go over the sector/size limit of the original map. You can see the sector limit increase or decrease when you save the map in ganesha.

To my knowledge having too many will actually not crash ganesha, but you won't see most of the map in game or it'll flat out crash the game when the map is used.

However this is really good work so far, hoping to see more from you soon!

Bladegrasp1997

Thanks guys, I have not tested them yet. Map27 loads fine in ganesha so I think I would be able to use that one. I will have to redo the library map because every time I reopen it in ganesha it loads with more missing faces.