• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:34:22 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Help with game save mods PLEASE!

Started by HeWhoThinks223, May 13, 2016, 02:32:52 am

HeWhoThinks223

Hey everyone!

II've been having a problem converting my save mods into PSV files for the PS3. I've tried doing it on my own, scrambling for programs that would help me do so, but I would end up hitting a dead end or catching a deadly virus on my computer. Is it possible for anyone to help convert these save files into PS3 saves? I would appreciate it very much!

Angel

From what I remember, all I had to do was change the extension. Xifanie started playing Grandia on my PS3 and migrated her save to her laptop, and I'm pretty sure all I had to do was find the save folder, rename the file inside, and it loaded up fine in every emulator.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

HeWhoThinks223

That's actually the other way around. I need help with converting .gme or .mcr/.mcs into .PSV files

3lric

so reverse the process and change the extension from .gme or.mcr into .psv...

Angel

Though .gme has a header, and the file needs to be headerless. PS3 uses raw, so it would need to be converted to .mcr first, then simply change the extension to .psv.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

HeWhoThinks223

So I would have to rename the raw file into .PSV?

Angel

Correct. Of course, you need to be able to change the extension, so you need to have file extensions visible in Explorer, but that's all there is to it. Pretty well any memory card manager for PSX should be able to convert between .gme and .mcr, which leaves it as simple as changing the extension from .mcr to .psv.

HeWhoThinks223

I was told in other forums that I would need an FTP program and a jailbroken PS3 to do that. I've attempted that, but I would either harm my PS3 or my PC. So I don't need to do any of that?

3lric

Uh, you kinda need a Jailbroken PS3 to transfer content to the HDD, the FTP is just to allow you to browse the contents of your HDD and copy new files to it via PC.

You said you've attempted this, but I'd like to know how unless you are on OFW 3.55. Otherwise youll need a Gen 1 or 2 model PS3 with a NAND chip and a E3 flasher to downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 and install CFW, after which you can begin installing things and changing/adding files such as memory card info and such...

I can provide this service, but I'm not cheap.

Also, there may be some kind of Dongle or something you can get to transfer saves without CFW, but none that I can think off the top of my head. You'd have to search elsewhere for that.

Angel

I don't know if a modded PS3 is required - mine is modded - but I only copied the card data directly to a USB key. The FTP route would require a modded PS3, though, among other things. If copying over USB doesn't work for you then yes, you'd need to jailbreak your PS3.

Edit: posted after Elric.