• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:30:46 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

Quote from: TrueLight on November 20, 2013, 12:15:09 pm
I'm using ePSXe. I did some practice matches with a higher FPS (140+), but my laptop was lagging. I don't know if the problem was my laptop or the emulator.

It could be that you may not have enough RAM to run your emulator at a high fps. I've had the same issue as you before. My old laptop had about 3 GB of RAM and playing a emulator while trying to record can take up so much memory that you'll see a lag or slow down during your recording.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

Yeah, that's probably the problem. I wish I could record at higher FPS, but it looks like I gotta stick with my current settings.
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

Yea getting a new laptop (gaming) can be very expensive. You could try running it between 60 - 90 fps

Fenire

QuotePosted by: Rouroni Elmdor
Rematch fenire?

I am always down to see one of my teams fight, but alas fate rests not in my hands. In the hands of the creators our destiny lies.

Elmdork

You have a way with words. Would you believe I thought I was the only person in the world playing tactics? I am quite happy to have found you all.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Fenire

I currently own 5 copies of fft: 2 original release, and 3 greatest hits.

Malroth

currently uploading
Rurouni Elmdor (Dorter City Graverobbers) Vs Malroth (Masquerade)

I'll try to run a match for Fenire tomorrow, got an opponent in mind?

Elmdork

November 21, 2013, 09:30:44 am #2547 Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 10:16:40 am by Rouroni Elmdor
I changed a few things last night, most notably my scholar going first an my knight had an armor change. After I saw my paladin get turned to stone, I wanted to stop watching. That should never happen. Thanks for letting me have a look though! There are some definite changes that could be made. My bard is not at all acting how he should.Everything is JP legal and ready to go.

Thanks again for the video and great choice of music! I prefer heavy metal and classical music.

Edft: so my scholar heals with all her spells now, bard is less output more longevity (though I might need a tip on how to get cheer song off) and the team is overall better. What I see posted isn't a clear indication of how my team will act, so please use what is posted in the submissions right now.

P.s: I LOVE your oracle samurai. I..I wanna steals him soooo bad

Fenire

Quote from: Malroth on November 21, 2013, 07:41:03 am
I'll try to run a match for Fenire tomorrow, got an opponent in mind?

Why not honour honouring Barren and pit Benders up against Barren Wasteland

Zotis

I would like to see Assassination Attempt vs one of CT5Holy, Barren, or TrueLight's teams.  Preferably best 2 out of 3?  But anything at all is always appreciated.  : D

Malroth

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on November 21, 2013, 09:30:44 am
I changed a few things last night, most notably my scholar going first an my knight had an armor change. After I saw my paladin get turned to stone, I wanted to stop watching. That should never happen. Thanks for letting me have a look though! There are some definite changes that could be made. My bard is not at all acting how he should.Everything is JP legal and ready to go.

Thanks again for the video and great choice of music! I prefer heavy metal and classical music.

Edft: so my scholar heals with all her spells now, bard is less output more longevity (though I might need a tip on how to get cheer song off) and the team is overall better. What I see posted isn't a clear indication of how my team will act, so please use what is posted in the submissions right now.

P.s: I LOVE your oracle samurai. I..I wanna steals him soooo bad

Well concidering i have about a 5 hour turn around time between "hmmm i wanna record a match lets input this guys team into the spreadsheet" and "hey guys i recorded a match its up on youtube"   I was using the team as posted at the time.  Any changes made to the team mid video processing will not be shown.

Elmdork

Of course, malroth. No way you'd know I made changes, frankly I didn't expect you to respond so quickly! It was just difficult to watch my team with flaws I already acknowledged and fixed is all. My team is all ready, JP legal and ready to go. After I see one more battle, I'll know what needs to be done/left with my bard and I think I'll call it "done"

Fenire

Thanks Malroth. I don't really know what I'm going to do with that ninja just yet. I am currently trying to make him as hard to hit as possible, and take as little damage at the same time. He is supposed to be a distraction.

Elmdork

November 22, 2013, 09:15:52 am #2554 Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:30:33 am by Rouroni Elmdor
From my testing, you're better off leaning on high HP. Also, ninjas are too squishy for melee combat. If he were say... a thief, he'd come with 30 more HP stat and 20% evasion stat instead of ninja's 15%. I also found dual sword dancers make better ninjas than..well..ninjas. they start off with 12 PA, highest of all female classes.

Fenire

November 22, 2013, 10:35:57 am #2556 Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:44:00 am by Fenire
That Southern Cross paladin is brutal.

The ninja started out as a status inflicter, but the party lacked definition. Now it is more refined but the ninja is just filler. I'm thinking Grand Cross Paladin Singer.

Barren

Well my southern crossing team went well enough. As far as your team rouroni, as much as phoenix blade paladin can hit hard the fact is that if he's got to support the party with punch art like stigma magic or revive, its not capable of pulling it off correctly because that's where support supply gets cut short. In other words: he's too slow to start a resurrection chain. If it were to be supported by last song then perhaps I can see it work but otherwise I would personally ditch the phoenix blade and go for tactician's blade. The sword gives you nice movement and can help cover your defenses a little bit better. Nonetheless, GG Rouroni, you'll get better eventually

Elmdork

Thanks for posting, barren! Whenever I go against guys like you or malroth, I always get better. There were a couple things I was testing. One being the effectiveness of the phoenix blade and the other being if my bard will counter magic lore. I made one minor change before he video, my scholar is now an oracle. Little extra HP and she can use paralyze adding an extra dimension to my offence. I got seriously unlucky with.. well... a lot of things "no, by all means scholar. Go somewhere that beast paladin can kill you. Good AI"

I'll touch up my paladin and my ever stressful bard who never seems to do his job (sing)

Malroth

November 22, 2013, 09:08:00 pm #2559 Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:16:09 pm by Malroth
Bard or dancer is the only time i'd ever reccomend a phoenix blade,  with such a long time till his next turn and so far to go to reach his enemies singing will look like his only option.

Edit:  In reply to best ninjutsu users

1) Male squire with flash hat, Platina Shield, and black costume.  Very high damage output while being immune to enemy -ton users
2) Undead Dancer with PA save and Move MP up.    Fragile but is likely to have 4 points higher base PA than an equivilent Monk setup
3) Male Monk
4) Ninjas themselves.