• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:47:01 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Elmdork

Sounds good! Thanks a lot! I've been watching battles from season two, learning a lot. I adjusted boot the ninja a bit to be more compatible with the team.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Malroth

November 18, 2013, 05:00:08 am #2521 Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:30:41 am by Malroth
Just finished Recording Rurouni Elmdoor's First match  should be on youtube within the hour, will edit this post with the link

Edit:
Match is Up
Rouroni Elmdor (The River People) vs Malroth (Bullseye)

PS do try to use the standard format with correct spelling next time it really helps.
PSS I'll try to get you a match vs Fenire recorded soon.

Edit 2
  Rurouni Vs Fenire match i was too tired to comment on

Fenire

Thanks for the videos Malroth. well last song was useless; he kept getting another turn before it went off. Other than that the elemental absorb worked well with the chemists healing one another and countering it back. but i dont think they need to be chemists anymore.

Elmdork

Thanks malroth! Though I didn't like counter tackle on boot, I changed a couple things on the sheet like getting rid of heal, but it doesn't matter. His evade didn't go off as planned and the element was pretty useless on the monk. Might as well just give my monk masamune.

It was good to see some action, I watched a lot of the last season teams and studied the gear. Would be easier if I had arena!! XD

Fenire

I thought the chemist restarting his song 3 times in a row was going to cost me round two. That paladin sure can take a beating.

Malroth

To Ruroni

Evasion Diddn't help because both teams were using guns,  You also have to worry about Wizanabus, Hidden Knife, Concentrate, Summon magic and because of your Low HP totals,  good elemental users and comet  aka,  about 30% of units have access to something that ignores evasion  so don't be surprised when it happens. 

Go with Counter Tackle or Abandon for your reaction skill because Counter will eat up an extra 500 JP and dropping heal is pretty much suicidal when relying on a phoenix down.  With that movement I'm pretty sure Accumulate will never be used so you can safely drop that but really both your reaction choices are fairly solid

to Fenire

Your chemist restarted his song because he was faster than Last song's Charge time  your Paladin should have been the singer not the Chemist  Steal Heart is a complete waste on male units Especially auto slowed Male units with poor movement, Speed and MA.

Also what was your plan against going against a Fire elemental Team? You have nothing that can hurt Enemy Fire absorbers on your gunners, and your other two are Auto slowed melee only. You can't cure or resist the statuses that can completely bone you as well Permanently like Frog Poison or Oil.  Every single unit on your squad had 500+ JP left over to work with that can patch up a lot of holes in your Defenses. 

Barren

Thanks for the videos Malroth.  I can imagine how tiring it can be for you to do these.

I do have news: next week is Thanksgiving break so I can do some more matches from there. If anyone wants to see a match between whoever just say the word
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

I would still like to see my Assassination Attempt team up against another type of team so I can think of improvements to make.

Hey Malroth, I thought your video of Fenire was sped up a bit too much.  It was really hard to see any numbers.

Malroth

yes this is what happens when i record a video at 4 am with no sleep

Fenire

I had to watch it a couple times to really catch the flaws. I really appreciate you taking the time to make the video; it gave me ideas which I have implemented post haste. I was trying not to use archers but in an immortal team Item is not as useful... although I think I have taken out all my status healing... I should look at that.

reinoe

For any masochists out there, can we get a recording of Otabo's "Last Hurrah" vs Fenire's "Garrr"?
My dreams can come true!

reinoe

Quote from: TrueLight on November 20, 2013, 12:47:59 am
You guys asked for it!

FFT Arena 1.38D - Otabo (Last Hurrah) vs. Fenire (Garrrr)

1)   I didn't expect that to be done so quickly. 

2)   Well I actually expected that to take longer.
My dreams can come true!

Fenire

Thanks Truelight!
Those fire cannons worked just as intended, putting the other team into first turn sandbag. Good call on the match-up reinoe.
Didn't really get to see much of how Benders really works... someone forgot to tell my ninja that he lost. 3 minutes of him trying to effect any damage.

Elmdork

November 20, 2013, 08:35:58 am #2536 Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:53:28 am by Rouroni Elmdor
I'm scratching my team. The AI isn't working as planned and they're overall too defensive for arena combat. I didn't realize yell was... well... that. Though I might keep my paladin for future teams, I have a better design in mind. I'll post soon.

Barren

Well, I'll eventually rework my southern crossing team at some point

And TrueLight, what emulator are you using? Because I think you should be able to speed up the fps for your matches
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

Quote from: Barren on November 20, 2013, 09:57:48 am
And TrueLight, what emulator are you using? Because I think you should be able to speed up the fps for your matches

I'm using ePSXe. I did some practice matches with a higher FPS (140+), but my laptop was lagging. I don't know if the problem was my laptop or the emulator.
  • Modding version: PSX

Elmdork

I posted a new team in the submissions, I'd be happy to see it in combat soon. I'll need to see some of my builds if I want to do any good in a tournament.

Rematch fenire?