• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:50:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Is Berserk..

Started by Jubei1986, August 11, 2011, 04:43:34 pm

Jubei1986

Hardcoded to be uncontrollable when active? Or am i missing something on FFTpatcher where I can control berserked units?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

The actual "berserk"-edness won't start until someone targets that unit.  I don't know the details.

Durbs

August 12, 2011, 05:18:07 pm #2 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:18:56 pm by Durbs
Quote from: Jubei1986 on August 11, 2011, 04:43:34 pm
Hardcoded to be uncontrollable when active? Or am i missing something on FFTpatcher where I can control berserked units?

I can't say for sure it's hardcoded (though that's the most likely scenario), but there's definately NOT something you can do about it with patcher. You'll likely have to ASM hack it if it's that important.
  • Modding version: PSX

formerdeathcorps

It is, but the routine has already been found.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=5132.0
Look at the offsets where I made invited units fall under AI control.  Those are the AI routines used when a unit has a status that removes player control.  All I did was add invite to that list.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.