• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:31 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Adding new classes or making more available

Started by fupaflap, January 16, 2017, 09:28:08 am

fupaflap

Recently under gone back surgery...Im laid up for a few weeks going to revisit an old classic FFT. I got the insanely derpy applied 1.3, I was wondering if there is any way to add hero job classes to the regular line up? Like Be able to have one of my regular party members meet certain job criteria and he can become a hell knight or arc knight whatever. Instead of relying on hero classes to join my party. Is there an easy way to add more jobs to the job wheel to an already patched game or no?

Emmy

Short answer: No.

Long answer: There's no way for generics to become non-generic.  However if you're willing to tinker a bit and replace classes, you could for example, give Dancer all of the Hell Knight abilities and such and have a Hell Knight instead of a Dancer.  This will apply for all characters with access to the class.  Or, if you just want to have Hell Knights and Arc Knights join up in your party, you can either make them non-immortal and non-immune to Invite and invite them yourself, or you can check off the "join after event" box in the Entd (which is how those special characters joined you in most cases).

There's no easy way to add to the job wheel.  And if you want to get into more serious modding, I highly recommend just using vanilla as a base instead of an already patched game.
  • Modding version: PSX

fupaflap

Awesome okay so let me ask, so I don't go recruiting main characters on accident from the main story, is it possible to edit the random encounters so that all those hero classes have a chance to spawn in random battles? And then make those guys capable of joining my team? I think it would be cool to have the chance of a random battle containing a hell knight or arc knight. Like a randomly generated character. If that's possible could you point me in the right direction to research?