• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:35:08 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus Bug topic (1.01C Beta bugs to be fixed in 1.01C)

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:25:35 pm

Dome

Quote from: Stretch on August 14, 2011, 01:26:27 pm
I wound up throwing the secret axe at a mage's head for massive damage, good times.

Just got to the point where you can buy Golden Hairpins. They really aren't worth the money, compared to a Holy Miter, it's +10 hp, -10 mp, and silence protection, no magic upgrade, for much more money. At least give it more MP to play around with.

Silence protection>Poison protection
Also, IIRC, it's the item that gives the biggest Mp bonus

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Stretch

Holy Miter gives 30 MP, and Golden Hairpin gives 20. Maybe switch the two around?
Yeah, right

Stretch

August 15, 2011, 01:30:43 am #43 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:07:43 am by Stretch
I just got into a battle that was very odd... Finath river from Zeltennia, all the enemy units were right next to mine facing the same way... Ambush!

Also, Orlandu joins with level 8 mime unlocked... along with level 1 squire and level 1 chemist. Ok...

Beowulf enters the party with level 1 mime unlocked, and nothing else. Something is wrong with setting a job as the mime class?
Yeah, right

Dome

I think I'll leave the ambush there...looks funny xD
Added the "bug" of them joining with crap skills

Dome

Posting to let you guys know that (For the moment) each of the bugs listed has already been fixed :-)

Joseph Strife

Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Dome

August 15, 2011, 07:57:40 pm #47 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:58:19 pm by Dome
Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 15, 2011, 07:49:42 pm
Even the proposition one?

You ruined my parade
SHAME ON YOU!!!1

P.s: It's not fixed because I can't fix it

Joseph Strife

LOL, i'm saying this to improve your patch! After all i'm one of your testers!
I've read the P.s: LOL, we'll find someone who can fix this, even without this your's is one of the best patches here. ;)

Tyler

August 15, 2011, 10:03:21 pm #49 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:03:42 pm by Tyler Delynn
Hey Dome. So I've decided to dedicate some time into a small text log of what I personally think is a good addition/bad addition. I'm not very far in the game at all yet, but I'll definitely try my best to make my way through it with a decent pace. I'll just be honest and say I'm pretty nit-picky when it comes to grammar and text, and I don't mean to come off as a jerk with some of my suggestions with skill text or anything. (: I'm just trying to point out what I personally think would help improve the game/make it more enjoyable with this text log.

The file attachment is an example of how I plan to go about it. I was putting my positive thoughts in green, things I disliked in red, and yellow is neutral.  Do you like the general concept of it? I'll also be sure to add actual bugs I happen to find, but 3 battles into the game isn't really far enough to catch any issues like that. But so far, loving it and great. =]

FFT+ Log by Tyler Delynn (best viewed in a simple wordpad or MS Word)
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

Stretch

Unevadable is a word, and it has a different meaning than inevitable. They have similar meanings, but unevadable works better. But good idea on making a log of your run, I'm sure all feedback is appreciated.
Yeah, right

Tyler

Ah, you're right. My bad on that part. Like I said, not trying to sound like a douchebag with my suggestions. =p Guess I've just never heard the term. Thanks, though. I'll do my best with it.

Dome

August 16, 2011, 04:57:38 am #52 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:01:06 am by Dome
@Tyler Delynn
I desperately need a grammar nazi, so go ahead!
Which skills aren't capitalized properly? Can you list them in the next log, so I can fix them?

Also, more feedbacks means a better patch :-)
P.s: Yeah, I like the format

Tyler

August 16, 2011, 11:27:07 am #53 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:50:13 am by Tyler Delynn
I'll be sure to do that next log. An example of what I mean is..

Like, the skill "Hold the line!" Its description says "Puts all allies into the defensive position."

^ That's perfect, whereas a skill like Wish says "Prayer that brings allies back to life"

There's no period, yeah? But if I recall correctly, that's how the original tactics did it - without periods. I personally would rather all skill have the periods, although that's not how it was originally done. The only thing the skill descriptions really need is consistency, meaning you should take out the periods you've placed in your custom skills to match properly with the skills that were already made for the game - or the other way around. That just makes it look more professional and clean, in my opinion.

Completely unnecessary and picky, but looks nice. =] I happened to found a couple silly glitches/bugs, but nothing serious at all. I'll throw in another log later tonight. I'll specify some of the skills for you as well.

*Edit
So I went to check out Vanilla FFT after checking through some skills to see that they actually do all have proper punctuation in the skill descriptions. From what I've seen so far, (I haven't unlocked many jobs yet), you're only missing periods on Cadet and Squire skills for the most part.

Dome

August 16, 2011, 12:51:33 pm #54 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:55:26 pm by Dome
I think the best thing is to remove periods at the end of the sentece, if that's vanilla's format

I want FFT: Plus to look as clean as possible...it shouldn't even look like a custom hack

Tyler

August 16, 2011, 12:57:12 pm #55 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:02:15 pm by Tyler Delynn
Quote from: Dome on August 16, 2011, 12:51:33 pm
I think the best thing is to remove periods at the end of the sentece, if that's vanilla's format

I thought that was the case as well, but it turns out they actually had periods for all the skills. (Or the ones I looked at, anyway.) I've checked out through a lot your descriptions for FFT+ and just logging all the suggestions I have for them. You don't have to change them, since it's not that important, but I think it looks nice. For the most part, you just change from using periods in some skills to not having them in others. I point 'em out in the new log I'm doin' now. =p

Here's what I got for an example. Tell me what you think? For the most part, your text is just fine, just inconsistent in some areas.

Ignore the duplicate priest skills. :P Still messing with it.

Dome

August 16, 2011, 01:14:34 pm #56 Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:18:10 pm by Dome
Thanks a lot!
I'll immediatly apply all the text changes :-)

About the whole 3 - characters training...well, the game is fairly easy if you know what you are doing
Also, specials can save your ass if you are underprepared, and recruiting a monster fill your roster nicely...they don't need equipment and are very strong

Tyler

Oh yeah, I definitely noticed that in a couple random battles. Trying to do these random battles with 3 newborn characters is almost suicide, but I manage to get by. Barely. Thanks for the text consideration. =] I'll keep working on it. If anybody else that happened to check it out as well thinks some of my descriptions are bad, please feel free to mention it.

Dome

Thanks to you for the effort you put to improve FFT:Plus!

Tyler

My pleasure! I'll throw up a really updated log tonight after I play a for a bit.