• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:58 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Ok so I have a question thats bugging me about the Lucavi

Started by Philogosten, September 12, 2015, 08:30:56 pm

3lric

Psh, I made one of the largest new vegas mods there is. And I don't ask permission to use a line of script from someone else's when my script is 1000 lines long.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10650.0
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

QuoteAlso, I don't believe anything unless I see it.

And that's largely because of his experience with people who want to make mods.

QuoteFFXII I always got the impression was not actually in the same world but a different but similar one as there are a lot of differences between the two games that contradict each other mostly with the names of the zodiac lucavi.

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed to be the same world, and that the WotL translation matches the names. The only world that definitely isn't the same in the Ivalice games is Mewt Randall's custom-built Ivalice in FFTA; it pulled beings from both FFXII-era Ivalice and modern-day St. Ivalice to make an entirely new one. It's even debatable as to whether Ivalice/St. Ivalice are different worlds or just different eras within a single world.

There is a difference of hundreds of years between XII and FFT; any inconsistencies could simply be handwaved away with the loss of knowledge over the years.

Quotea complete retelling of FFT

QuoteMy biggest problem is figuring out which animations are ones that cause graphical bugs

o_O

Compared to everything else you'd have to do, that's a minor issue at worst. Not using certain EVTCHR animations wouldn't be nearly as difficult or as tedious as completely reworking a majority of the Vanilla events and battles and text within and making sure all of the above work properly, because they sure as hell won't the first time.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Philogosten

Elric, Really? I got my first account on the nexus sites banned for accidentally including part of another mod which just changed the formula for health in Oblivion. (Then again I have had a lot of bad experiences on that site in general)

Nyzer, if by "tedious" you mean "fun" then I agree. The only work I don't like doing is having to replace formation sprites or trying to make new ones/edit old ones. (I have no talent as a spriter at all)
Now taking bets on which kills me first. lung cancer or liver failure

3lric

Quote from: Philogosten on September 13, 2015, 01:29:43 am
Elric, Really? I got my first account on the nexus sites banned for accidentally including part of another mod which just changed the formula for health in Oblivion. (Then again I have had a lot of bad experiences on that site in general)

You need to know what and what not to say on the nexus. Reading the rules page of any forum is kinda important... If they knew i was making my mod for the PS3 version, they'd have banned me too.

Nyzer, if by "tedious" you mean "fun" then I agree. The only work I don't like doing is having to replace formation sprites or trying to make new ones/edit old ones. (I have no talent as a spriter at all)

Replacing formation sprites is childsplay. If you think eventing is going to be fun at first, then you haven't started yet. I've made more events for FFT than what exists in Vanilla, and have more experience in it than anyone. It's going to take you about 5-10 hours for events at first, even then, there will be errors. If you are willing to take crits and have that kind of time and dedication, then I'd say go for it. It's a cool thing to be able to make events, but it certainly is not easy and it not for everyone. Even now, with years of experience and well over 200 events to my name, some events still can take me up to 20 hours to complete and chapter ending events can take as long as a week. Quality is a huge thing here, and we give harsh crits because of it, so expect that if you post events, however, I can tell if you, it's never for anything other than to better the quality.

Philogosten

Elric, how sneaky of you. I think we will get along just fine :)

Well it is easy, but just messing with sprites is for some reason just the only part I don't really enjoy at all. Essentially with the tools provided on this site I get to make my own FFT game so I am getting to live out my childhood dream plus I got like nothing but free time until well..long story but I don't have to work for like 2 months at least hoping to stretch that out more though. And well to be honest I don't mind criticism as I'm doing this for me so as long as I am happy with the completed project then I won't care what anyone else thinks. Actually in general I hope all modders feel this way as I think anyone who puts that much work into a hobby should be proud of what they accomplished.

3lric

I'm a modder and don't feel that way. I'm not making my mod for me. I'm making it for the thousands of people who have enjoyed it and want more.

Team Jot5 / Team XETA makes it's mods for the fans, not ourselves :P.

Philogosten

Oh I clicked on your Lion War link in your signature and yeah it looks pretty cool.
And if thats your goal then great and I wish you nothing but the best in your endeavors, you and Team Jot5. I always made my mods for myself but then would later release them to the public if I saw a lot of people asking for a mod similar to what one of mine did. Then again people do things for different reasons. I hope you are proud of all the work you have [put into modding as you should be proud.

3lric

TLW is just an extension and reorganization of Vanilla with a bunch of Xif goodies + the WotL scenes and such thrown into it. It's only not out because it's not our main focus.

Jot5 is our main focus. I'm proud that I was able to come across such a great team and I'm proud of what they do and they are proud of what I do. That's enough for me.

However I must also mention, that we've been working on Jot5 for 4 years now, granted Xifanie has completely changed several mechanics and everything under the sun is completely custom in Jot5. However, just know that unless you are doing the same as what you called the lazy way earlier, you won't finish your mod in a 2 month period, based on what you said you wanted to do anyway.

Xifanie

Quote from: Elric on September 12, 2015, 11:57:27 pm
http://rc.ffhacktics.com/

Use it.

Also, you say you have experience with everything but eventing.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Philogosten

September 13, 2015, 02:53:00 am #29 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 03:01:42 am by Philogosten
I am glad to hear that :)

Yeah I will do mostly my lazy editing but this time I wont be too lazy to edit Ramza and a few other characters out of the game entirely this time (before I kept Ramza as the main character as I was just being lazy at the time and just wanted to get it done so I could play it as time constrictions then were a major factor)

Xifanie, Well I have some experience with eventing I just am not good at it. Everything else I ever wanted to change (with the exception of extending the vram limitation for more unique sprites on the field at once) wasnt too difficult as the tools provided on this site go a very long way towards cutting down on my work load. I would not be able to do half of it without the tools you all provide.

Oh did the link and it says I could be finished by December.