• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:32:46 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Choto's ASM Hacks and Effects

Started by Choto, February 27, 2012, 06:05:00 pm

Choto

The both of you bring up good points and are probably hacks that should be done if I do the doublecast one too.

I was more referring to how one would pick an ability and target a unit, then another menu would pop up of skills as well and allow you to pick another ability and target another unit. It would essentially be like charging and executing two skills instead of one. They would each resolve at their respective CT's.

Rufio

Quote from: Choto on September 19, 2014, 11:21:30 am
I'd like to be able to allow a unit to end up somewhere else after they use an ability.

If you ever crack that nut, let me know.  that is a routine i would be greatly interested in.

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

Choto

Update: Fixed the Chocobo hack somewhat. You shouldn't get multiple turns by accident now. BUT, sometimes when you first mount a chocobo it will be tired from its last move and not be able to move. Hopefully it happens consistently so I don't have to fix it again ^_^

Jumza

Hey Choto, I'm trying to use the Mime Redesign hack (v1.0) but it doesn't seem to be working as intended. The mimic skillset does appear at the start of the battle greyed out (because no mimicable actions had been taken yet), but even after using throw stone, dash and heal I couldn't get anything to appear in the skillset. It stayed grayed out. But the mime didn't mimic the action either, so a few parts of the hack are working for me. Any idea as to what's up?
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Aqueous

March 23, 2015, 05:01:12 pm #106 Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:02:12 pm by Aqueous
Hi Choto,

Sorry to bother you but could I ask about the hack you made for statuses breaking on HP damage?

I'm a bit unsure as to what the inputs are. At first I thought they would be the status IDs but I'm not sure. It looks like it's looking at the list of statuses from the Data/Table section.

So I should be using those IDs. And I'm guessing Status 1 is for Table 1 (0x20) and Status 2 for Table 2 etc.

Or am I just interpreting this completely wrong?

I also wanted to ask if it's possible to specify the type of damage ie. whether it's physical or magical. I'm trying to create a Magic Ward-like status at the moment (like in Vagrant Story) so I'd only want the status to cancel on magical damage.

Thanks in advance :)

Choto

They correspond to this data:

0x0058: Current Statuses 1
      0x80 -
      0x40 - Crystal
      0x20 - Dead
      0x10 - Undead
      0x08 - Charging
      0x04 - Jump
      0x02 - Defending
      0x01 - Performing
   0x0059: Current Statuses 2
      0x80 - Petrify
      0x40 - Invite
      0x20 - Darkness
      0x10 - Confusion
      0x08 - Silence
      0x04 - Blood Suck
      0x02 - Cursed
      0x01 - Treasure
   0x005a: Current Statuses 3
      0x80 - Oil
      0x40 - Float
      0x20 - Reraise
      0x10 - Transparent
      0x08 - Berserk
      0x04 - Chicken
      0x02 - Frog
      0x01 - Critical
   0x005b: Current Statuses 4
      0x80 - Poison
      0x40 - Regen
      0x20 - Protect
      0x10 - Shell
      0x08 - Haste
      0x04 - Slow
      0x02 - Stop
      0x01 - Wall
   0x005c: Current Statuses 5
      0x80 - Faith
      0x40 - Innocent
      0x20 - Charm
      0x10 - Sleep
      0x08 - Don't Move
      0x04 - Don't Act
      0x02 - Reflect
      0x01 - Death Sentence

so setting status 5 = 0xC0 would make faith and innocent be canceled by HP damage. nah mean? Any combination of statii for each group can be added to make a hex number. 0xFF would be all status of the group.

As for physical vs. magical... I forget how the hack is laid out but I'm guessing it mimics how sleep is cancelled when hit. Same rules should apply.

Choto

Update the Mime Redesign hack. Should work more good now. I have to see if mimes keep their abilities after battle though.

Vanya

It could be interesting to have a version of this patch that allows Mimes to keep the abilities they pick up.
That is supposing there is a way for the player to remove individual mimed abilities.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Choto

That is an interesting thought.... I think there's a way to do it too. Maybe someday, would be a pimped out mime

Vanya

Lol. Pokemon-ized mimes that can only keep 4 abilities. :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Choto

Uploaded Mime Redesign v2.1 - abilities now get reset after battle. Everything should be working in a usable fashion now.

CONMAN

Hey Choto!  I was trying to apply your unit dismissal hack and failed miserably..... I tried to double and triple check this sucker, but no success :(  My game didn't crap out on me (I keep cyclical backups), but my units got kicked out just like before....

.... so .... I have no idea....

Choto

Sorry CONMAN, I just saw this thread since I got internet back after like 2 weeks of the dark ages. If you post a savestate I can take a look at what's happening.

Luiakyn

I feel like I'm doing something wrong with the multi-hit hack -- for PSX, are 165-16B not usable? The game freezes in battle :< (troubleshot it to be the multihitter)

deus-misereatur

Quote from: Luiakyn on June 14, 2015, 12:25:14 pm
I feel like I'm doing something wrong with the multi-hit hack -- for PSX, are 165-16B not usable? The game freezes in battle :< (troubleshot it to be the multihitter)

Is the AI even working for you? I've messed about with the multi-hit editor as well, but it makes everyone in the Orbonne Monastery battle just walk around without doing anything.

Luiakyn

Nay, it just freezes :<

I'm editing 5 skills, and then putting it from the psx to psp. so I'll edit 1 skill at a time, now, to see

CONMAN

You are awesome choto!

The specials:
chelsea: job> Ace: (originally olan's base job-*15 in patcher)
Jenna:  job> Indigo: (originally Rafa's guest version of heaven knight *19)
LaLa: job> Outlaw: (I think this was teta's job? *1C in patcher)

deus-misereatur

Sorry for the extra bother, but is the multi-weapon-strike fix working for anyone as well?