• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:16:42 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Total Request ASM: All armor replaced by shoes

Started by pokeytax, January 02, 2011, 10:16:01 am

philsov

Quotetwo Ups

FDC cracked this one already -- at least increment, not parameter.

Either way, awesome work!!!!

*runs off with speed save hack into the woods*
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Vanya

Quote from: pokeytax on January 08, 2011, 09:12:36 am
This is the precise hack I want to make, but it seems like the kind of thing one should have the sprites on hand for before investing the effort. Of course, without the functionality on hand, hard to get up the effort to paste that many heads...

Just doing head swaps is easy. I can have them done in a week or two.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

pokeytax

Oh man, probably could have saved a lil' time then. That's what I get for not paying attention to other people's oeuvres! Anyway, the generalized .xml is up. "Freely" is a misnomer - it turned out much less useful than I would have liked, but whatever. Here is what you can boost easily:

PA, MA, Speed, Brave, Faith
CT
Level, up and down (?!)

On the plus side, it looks quite nice - you get a little message and everything.
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

It's too bad to hear that about Monster Skill.  Good luck mauling it, though if it's that bad I almost want to say take a break and do something that should be simpler first and leave the big shithead for last.  May I recommend the making all the Auto-XX Reactions use the Damage Split trigger one or the Distribute on Self-Heals one?

Also, amazing on the Speed Save becomes +ZZ CT hack - I'm with Philsov in mugging that as it's something I've been asking around about behind closed IRC doors for a while now.

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

pokeytax

January 10, 2011, 11:10:55 pm #45 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:12:15 pm by pokeytax
Picking some lower-hanging fruit for now.

BATTLE.BIN
0x11F064
0x186064
0F000214
0D000210
1980023C
D9384290
0A000210
1980023C
CE384284
XX000134
YY000134
1A004100
1980013C
CE3822A4
1980023C
942D428C

(Yes, although the calculation probably comes at the end so as to be indistinguishable, Two Hands seems to modify XA like other attack modifiers.)

RavenOfRazgriz

I love how "pick lower hanging fruit" came out to being doing one of the ones I wanted the most.  Win.  Thank you very much.

I've also remembered the one Support skill I had said I'd forgotten before, but I'll hold off until you have most of this stuff done I think.  Very nice work so far though.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

How would you make Gilgame Heart suck less?  I'm curious.

On that subject, Steal Gil and Gilgame Heart are tactically useless for enemies - they produce no advantages during a battle - and, because they do so little damage to Ramza's wallet, they are also strategically useless for enemies - they do not force Ramza to reset the battle by stealing all his money.

For Ramza to win, he must come through the battle alive, and with his resources intact so he can survive future battles.  All the enemy has to do is crystalize that one ninja you raised from a level one squire, and they win, because you have to reset.

IMO, if you want to make Gilgame Heart useful, while retaining it's original purpose, make the amount of Gil taken from Ramza's wallet equal Damage*100 or Damage*1000.  Same with Steal Gil.

I want to know what you think.

Vanya

Doesn't modifying Steal Gil also change Gilgame Heart?
From what I understand, Gilgame Heart basically amounts to a support ability that reacts to physical damage with X skill.

As for Gilgame Heart it would be interesting to make it use a random skill from X skillset instead of a specific one.
¯\(°_0)/¯

philsov

Quote from: Vanya on January 11, 2011, 03:11:56 pm
Doesn't modifying Steal Gil also change Gilgame Heart?
From what I understand, Gilgame Heart basically amounts to a support ability that reacts to physical damage with X skill.

As for Gilgame Heart it would be interesting to make it use a random skill from X skillset instead of a specific one.

Steal gil is [Caster_Lv * Caster_Sp]
gilgame heart is (damage * 10)

I'm pretty sure they're not linked.

Vanya

That seems terribly inefficient, when you already have money stealing code.
¯\(°_0)/¯

pokeytax

Quote from: Vanya on January 11, 2011, 04:37:52 pm
That seems terribly inefficient

:lol: (Not laughing at you... laughing with you.)

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on January 11, 2011, 01:46:21 pm
How would you make Gilgame Heart suck less?  I'm curious.

Probably by replacing it - similar flavor, but still a complete replacement. IMO gil and even item abilities are tricky to balance; either the cost/gain is too small and is just flavor, or it's high risk/high reward and either unusable or broken (e.g. basically every implementation of Gil Toss; it's just usually overshadowed by even more broken stuff). Plus a significant fraction of players like collecting/accumulating and will avoid the ability altogether if it threatens their hoard. I really prefer to make the cost trivial and balance around the other effects.

Up Gilgame Heart to Dmg*100 or Dmg*1000 and it's a world-class gilfarming ability, then it has to be enemy-only or coded to work differently for allies; already a royal pain. I was thinking of replacing it with Bribe: Hamedo with reverse Gilgame Heart instead of Counter, but in any case there will be multiple options (auto-status at least)!

Vanya

Quote from: pokeytax on January 11, 2011, 06:37:24 pmI was thinking of replacing it with Bribe: Hamedo with reverse Gilgame Heart instead of Counter, but in any case there will be multiple options (auto-status at least)!

That sounds brilliant!
¯\(°_0)/¯

pokeytax

January 12, 2011, 02:41:08 pm #53 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:21:39 pm by pokeytax

BATTLE.BIN
0x11AA34
E4670508

0xF2F90
F800A88F
XX000234
YY000234
1A002202

I managed to break my .xml file by doing some terribly dumb thing and can't find the closing tag or quotation mark I need to get it back into FFTorgASM compliance. If anyone sees what I did wrong, let me know, it's marked "broken" in the OP, obviously. It seems limited to the latest two hacks, as the file is fine when these are removed!

RavenOfRazgriz

I took a quick skim and couldn't find the problem either.  I'll look more closely later today if you don't find it by then.

But the Half of MP hack is obviously other hack I offhandedly mentioned but wanted very much.  Thank you, you have saved me many headaches.

philsov

Quotemaking this the one reaction that works on self-action is no picnic

Heh, I hadn't even considered that facet :3

Maybe... uh... somehow make it a "passive" like weapon guard/abandon so it's 100% and then can be used strategically?

pokeytax

Quote from: philsov on January 12, 2011, 05:53:01 pm
Heh, I hadn't even considered that facet :3

Fortunately this is false, I forgot about MP Switch! So I at least have somewhere to start.

RavenOfRazgriz

I'm going to take a bit of the burden off your shoulders and rescind my request of Monster Skill being able to "unlock" the skill of a monster unit that carries it innately.  I've learned that Zodiac's Skillset Hack carries that functionality itself when used and applied competently, and also does everything it says on the tin in regards to Throw/Equip Change/etc from the mild bit of testing I've been doing to try and force Monsters to be able to access the Attack window.

Pride

As a warning, you will slap yourself to why the .xml was broken.......

You wrote BATTLE.BIN instead of BATTLE_BIN. Here is a fixed version.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Atma

just throwing this out there...
i think a cool idea for Hamedo would be for u to act before they hit u, like it already does, but instead of just attacking, maybe do break skill (PA or Weapon) or inflict Don't Act or Chicken (lower Brave)?
of course, i have ZERO knowledge of how any of this would be possible, just throwing it out there, may just be for funzies with no actual possibility of it being implemented.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.