• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] A couple of job related questions.

Started by Wandering Cloud, August 11, 2012, 01:28:05 am

Wandering Cloud

August 11, 2012, 01:28:05 am Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:11:37 am by Dome
Hi, I'm new to the site and have been playing this mod quite a bit the last few days and have been really enjoying it. I'm just wondering about a few things since the master guide seems to leave some stuff out. Is there an updated job requirement list anywhere? I was searching around the forums and I found one list, but it seemed to be off. I was also wondering if there was an updated list showing job reaction and support abilities anywhere.

I noticed some other little things changed, such as monks not having innate martial arts anymore, or Ramza missing yell ( Unless I'm mistaken and he just gets it later. ) Is there a place where I can find any of this info? I just don't want to go down a certain path or work towards a skill to find out that it has been removed, changed, or switched to a different class. I didn't even know calculator had been changed until yesterday.

I apologize if there is somewhere on the forums where all this information has already been given.
Thanks.

Dome

Welcome to FFH Wandering Cloud (Nice nickname!), where all your dreams come true!
Now, let's see...
First of all, be sure that you are playing the latest version of the patch (1.01C Beta)
Quote from: Wandering Cloud on August 11, 2012, 01:28:05 am
Is there an updated job requirement list anywhere?

No, so here you are (Mind you, this will probably change for the next version)

Quote from: Wandering Cloud on August 11, 2012, 01:28:05 am

I noticed some other little things changed, such as monks not having innate martial arts anymore, or Ramza missing yell ( Unless I'm mistaken and he just gets it later. ) Is there a place where I can find any of this info? I just don't want to go down a certain path or work towards a skill to find out that it has been removed, changed, or switched to a different class. I didn't even know calculator had been changed until yesterday.

The master guide (And the in-game text) gives you info about innates/abilities of each player-playable job (Remember that the master guide refers to the 1.02 version...something might be different in the version you are currently playing, which is 1.01C Beta)
The only thing you can't find on the master guide yet is a list of which Reaction/Support/Movement abilities each job can learn (I can easily make one if many ask for it)
Quote from: Wandering Cloud on August 11, 2012, 01:28:05 amI apologize if there is somewhere on the forums where all this information has already been given.
Thanks.

No need to apologize, we are here to help :-)

P.s: If you need something else/need clarifications, feel free to ask!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Wandering Cloud

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up for me and for the really quick reply. One question about the chart though, why are some of the numbers highlighted in blue, are these the only ones that count?

Another small question. I was planning to edit in Cloud earlier so I attempted to use PEC. Instead of doing this I simply edited a party members class and sprite to soldier. If I change the character's job in PEC to soldier, it should be the FFT+ version of soldier and not the vanilla one right? I'm just unsure if there's separate codes for each version. I assume that's not the case, and the codes remain the same.

One other quick thing, is there any other kind of editor or tool to change jobs or add a character easily? PEC seems pretty buggy, and after actually editing the job I noticed whenever I would restart my game it would usually revert to the old job.

Thanks again, I appreciate the help.

Dome

QuoteOne question about the chart though, why are some of the numbers highlighted in blue, are these the only ones that count?

Ignore the colours xD Just care about the numbers :-)
QuoteAnother small question. I was planning to edit in Cloud earlier so I attempted to use PEC. Instead of doing this I simply edited a party members class and sprite to soldier. If I change the character's job in PEC to soldier, it should be the FFT+ version of soldier and not the vanilla one right? I'm just unsure if there's separate codes for each version. I assume that's not the case, and the codes remain the same.

One other quick thing, is there any other kind of editor or tool to change jobs or add a character easily? PEC seems pretty buggy, and after actually editing the job I noticed whenever I would restart my game it would usually revert to the old job.

PEC? I don't even know what it is xD
Use FFTPatcher, an awesome, powerful and pretty intuitive tool to edit the game
Try it by yourself, it's usually the best way to learn.
If you still need help, just post here again and I'll help you

Wandering Cloud

August 11, 2012, 04:38:37 am #4 Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:47:16 am by Wandering Cloud
Thanks for your help once again. One question though, is there a way to specifically change one of my party members sprite and job, or to simply add the character I want to my party? I understand how to edit specific job classes or skillsets, but I'm unsure of how to actually add someone to my party or individually change the sprite or job of people in my party.

Dome

I think it's easier to add someone to your party
Open the FFTPatcher, load your iso
Go to the "ENTD" tab
Go to the event 1A3
Highlight Cloud, right click "Clone" and then paste it in any event/random battle you want
At the end of the battle, Cloud the Soldier will ask to join
(This works for any character)

Wandering Cloud

Worked perfectly, thank you. One quick thing though, on the asm hacks I attempted to activate one that allows Cloud's limit's to be used with any weapon. It didn't work however. Am I unable to add asm hack to the iso because FFT+ already has asm hacks activated?

Dome

It depends on the hack itself
Sadly, I don't know how to help you in that regard