• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

KP3228

Quote from: Eternal on January 01, 2017, 05:45:25 pm
Elemental is the same as it ever was, more or less. Elemental is based on both MA and PA, but boosting MA has a greater effect in the formula IIRC, and also IIRC, Magic Attack Up boosts it.

Ah, thanks a bunch.

Guess I didn't know how it worked in the Vanilla version either. ^^'
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

zssz

is it possible to patch complete [translation] first and then 2.6 kind of

I tried and it looks like some description when pressing select mess up TTwTT
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

zssz

Quote from: Eternal on January 10, 2017, 07:49:51 pm
I wouldn't recommend it. Combining patches can get messy.

ok, and thank you for your hard work on latest update 2.6 I'm going to try it for the first time  yeahh >w<'

Eternal

You're very welcome, and I hope you enjoy it! Please remember to post updates as you progress through KO. I want to hear about your journey! :)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

zssz

Quote from: Eternal on January 10, 2017, 08:53:21 pm
You're very welcome, and I hope you enjoy it! Please remember to post updates as you progress through KO. I want to hear about your journey! :)

I have played through almost 4 hours and the first impressive on quality of life is so amazing with L2R2+square and x for rapid text, I really love it but sadly it's quite hard to have a chance even on random encounter to use it [the fast battle]

when I encounter 3 goblin 1 yellow chocobo and 1 panther that's = KO game over for me TTwTT with my team 5 characters ---- 3 squire 2 alchemist

could say that it's quite hard ex. like avoidance rate quite low according to global avoidance rate right? and almost every time when goblin tackle me with some debuff like dont move or get hit by dont act and almost every time it got the debuff even the rate chance is like 30% of course with the dmg and blind effect

it feel like I have to clear debuff or I wont be able to attack successfully and high dmg enough also while fighting with debuff and goblin steal my armor too TTwTT

the poison from panther I feel like it's too powerful cuz the range is so far instead of 1

ps. I will try to find out how to beat this fight again and will tell further more TTwTT so hardddddddd.....Eternal kung

Eternal

It's not quite as hard as you're thinking it is, honestly. Heal from the Squire class will remove Blind, Poison, Don't Act, and Don't Move and is pretty cheap, so I'd recommend trying to have that on a few characters. Goblins can be easily destroyed by the Wizard's Ice spell, and Chocobos should be killed first since they can revive. It's all about prioritizing which units you kill first and playing offensively. :)

zssz

Quote from: Eternal on January 11, 2017, 07:05:33 pm
It's not quite as hard as you're thinking it is, honestly. Heal from the Squire class will remove Blind, Poison, Don't Act, and Don't Move and is pretty cheap, so I'd recommend trying to have that on a few characters. Goblins can be easily destroyed by the Wizard's Ice spell, and Chocobos should be killed first since they can revive. It's all about prioritizing which units you kill first and playing offensively. :)

thank you Eternal-kung I'll try the fight from your advise again >w<

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Eternal

Barren

Is it just me or does Mimic Daravon not work on monsters?

Update: Emmy cleared up some things for me since I haven't used talk skill in vanilla for a long time. So basically you need monster talk to be able to talk to monsters and use stuff like insult and mimic daravon

Final Fantasy Tactics K.O 2.6 - Part 7

EverstillGhost

First of all, thanks for your work in the patch!

You are still improving the patch and accepting feedback?? I'm playing your mod right now and have some things to talk about.

One of the best things is how close to vanilla this mod is. I'm trying to find the best, and until now, your mod is the best I played after 1.3. I can say i'm enjoying my playthrough very much. (chapter 2 currently)

I will talk about some points, praise the good things, ask questions and give some criticisms to others.

+ Close to Vanilla jobs. Changes in skills are much more aceptable, in fact, it's often a good thing because of how unbalanced FFT is. The jobs are true to his original form with a better balanced skilset. (but still not perfect) You could even be more ambicious and change the skill sets more.
- The jobs are still unbalanced, you can really try to balance them more.

+ Enemies scale with you but don't get equipment that you can't get in the shops.
? Are the equips Fixed (always the same) or you used something that randoms the equips based on items on shop?? For example, in a given story battle, the enemies will ALWAYS start with the same items. And more one thing, the random battle equips are random? If I grind to max level, they will appear with Excalibur and shit? Because this would be very abusable.

+ The random battles are somewhat still random enough to feel random. (in 1.3 it's always the same configuration...)
- I don't know if i'm crazy, but the Monsters families are too 'mixed' in a lot of places? For example, in Sweegy Woods story battle we have panthers, goblins and bombs. And in the random there is skeletons but no more panthers. Araguay Woods have Goblins, Trents, Skeletons, Ghosts... Can we have a more consistent Monster Fauna?? Of course you can put random rare monsters like Dragons anywhere (like Mandalia Plains) for the surprise rare monster event and in later chapters you can "mix" the fauna much more.

+ Thank God for all the Quality of Life improvements like always getting the Rare item in the move find item, the Random Battle only if you click, the non permanent brave and faith change, etc.... Everything is great.
? A question, does all the jobs have the same growth?? For example, all the physical have the same growth and all the magical have the same growth, or does it still have a overpowered job with better growth?? (sorry if this is in the changelogs)

+ Thank God you don't changed the original colors of the factions!! Death Corps should be Green, Church should be Red, etc...

Some feedback about the battle themselves:

I don't see why you changed the Wizards in Doter I from male to female. i'm in chapter 2 in your mod, and you literally only find Female Wizards. It appears you are trying to match the better genre for the Job in the battles, but this is not good because it decrease diversity. The enemies are already weak as fuck because of setup, no need to give them the "right" genre for the job, diversity is more important. Changing back the Wizards in Doter to male would give better diversity.

Another problem, in Wiegraf I, you see in the cutscene a Female Monk, and then the battle start.... where is she? I liked the Female Oracle you put in this battle, but the geomancers are unecessary because the female Monks are a good diversity and don't broke the cutscene making the mod look amateurish. In fact you can even change to 1 monk 1 geomancer 1 oracle (full diversity). Also, NEVER FUCK WIEGRAF PARTIES, it must always be full female to keep his flavor. Also, you can make bosses characters like Miluda, Wiegraf, etc... with smarter skill setups to be stronger. They must fell badasses even if the other enemies are total scrubs.

Ovelia teleport.... why she's in danger if she can teleport. An immersion breaking skill in this battle.

Also, why immortal characters are immune to everything? You should make immune only to things that fuck them like Toad and give immunites individually to each one, it feels very forced when you face things like Boco and he is immune even to Blind effects. You can make a battle against VIPs harder without making them hard just because they are immune to everything. The most status they can be targeted, the better. Of course in later bosses like the Templar Knights you can go full yolo and make them immune to everything. Increase the immunites gradually in the chapters.

Remove the Guests from Formation. Seriously. It's the worst mechanic in the game. Use that hack that remove the guests and give them good skills and equipment. The guests simple fall behind in level and JP that they will be stuck with the base job + item forever. Plus, it's way better to balance the Battles.

One thing that I wanted to discuss with you. One of the most annoying things in FFT is how the battles varies between Ramza + 4 and Ramza +3 characters, so we always have that one character that falls behind because some battles he's in and some battles he's not. (in the first chapters, later it becomes consistent Ramza +4). Can't you make that all battles you send Ramza +4 characters? You can easily rebalance the Battles adding an extra enemy to counter your extra character and etc... For example, in Mandalia Plain, Alguns should start without a weapon and shield, because by the cutscene, he is incapacitated, an extra character and enemy in this conditions will keep things fair. In zirekile falls, you will have 8 characters in your side (!!!), so, you keep the two knights near Gafgarion, the Knight that talks to Delita and change the other 2 Knights to Lancers and add another Lancer (or even 2) in a good formation. You got the idea.
I don't think you will have a problem to balance the battles with the Guest Hack + always 5 characters.

The Undead mechanic is perfect!! The Vanilla mechanic of "maybe your character will vanish and GAME OVER" was not good. The one in your mod that every turn they have a chance (50% I believe?) to Reborn is great. A very good value to Undead.

Now about monsters.
The Panther reaction glitch too much, it looks very amateurish and ugly. Change to other thing, even if a simple Counter. Also, the 1.3 Reactions for the monsters, I think it's the perfect selection. Your selections are very close to 1.3, so they are really really nice. Meatbone Slash for Skeletons are much less annoying than the HP Restore. But the giant birds (Juravis) reaction are really retarded. They are already Fast, they cast instant Haste in Area (!!!) and get an extra 1 Speed by every reaction. Good Lord, this thing fly half the map, attack with a unavoidable feather bomb from 5 panels and they attacked 2 turns before my party. My priest simple died!
It's funny how this battle in the Desert with this 3 Juravis was the hardest battle I faced until now (I even Lost and had to reload and start again to win). You really should change the Reaction to Arrow Guard. And talking about it, change arrow guard to projectile Guard (bows and guns). Because otherwise it's a very very weak Reaction. (Give Blade Grasp to the Ghosts, it simple make sense that the Ghost is hard as fuck to hit with physical damage)

The 1.3 monsters became very retarded. Every monster have a ranged attack that can heal his friends. Your monsters are way better because it keeps their basic attacks and try to keep some flavor and theme. But unfortunaly, there is two problems: The monsters casting normal Jobs abilities are really weird (like haste and the Yin Yang magic), you should make new abilities with different effects that match the monster. Also, some monsters look too random and crazy, like how a Goblin have Monster Skill, and he give it for himself and always cast his monster skill. I believe a Pisco Demon have too?? I don't think it's a good idea to give Monters Skill to non-unique monsters. Give Monster Skill to the Squire set and add some generics to the battles you want them use monster skill.
Even better, create a Nomad/Beastmaster Class (with a different or geomancer appearance) and give some random battles generics this class to justify a generic that lives with the monsters and tame them. I don't know what the Pisco Demon family is, they all do different things. And I did not undertood your change to Chocobo. Why Esuna is AoE (and revive) and Choco Cure is single target?? It should really be the inverse, AoE Choco Cure and ranged single target Choco Esuna.

Your changes to monsters are heading the right way. It just needs visual fixes and thematic changes to make them very good.

Jobs Criticism
Squire Set is very useless. You really need to change Wish to a Revive skill that revive with 1 HP, because otherwise we can never pick another Secondary Action other than Item. Also, Gain JP cost so much!? Why?? Remove this shit and decrease the cost of all skills. No one likes to grind JP (I use the Never Go Down JP cheat myself)

The Thief is very very bad. The change in 1.3 to a ranged Gill attack to kill low HP targets are really nice, because Steal Gil is USELESS and Thiefs are very weak. Maybe a poison bomb skill too (Poison + slow, poison + darkness, etc...) to make thief usefull.

Why Monk Revive skill is so shit?? It's literally a shit Phoenix Down. There is no Vertical tolerance and a Very Low chance to Revive. You need to buff this because I can't even have Punch Art secondary in anyone because I need Item in all physical classes.

It's just me or the priest Raise don't have a good chance to hit? Plus, I think the cures are so low for the mana cost...

In fact, you should reduce the amount of Redundant Cure and spells that reach to 4. Buff them and make them get only to 3. (and remove protect 2 and shell 2 and make the basic version very acurate)

What is supposed to be the differences of the Fire, Bolt and Ice? I liked the other mod Fire = Strenght, Bolt = Speed and Vertical, Ice = Big AoE. Your changes are so low and the spells overlap. Also, it's a shame how the other elements have so low amount of spells.... a lot of monsters and things have sinergy with them but basically only the Summoner cast them. Maybe remake the Wizard to give more elements?

Move JP up and move XP up are useless, you can safely remove this. Also, try to fuse that amount of useless movement skills like Any wheater, move on lava, etc... into a single usefull skill. (you can keep them for monsters, of course)

As I said, revive skills are too important. The enemy don't care, but for the player, a single cristalized character is game over (The best change in FFT would be being cristalized don't permanent delete your character) and we basically only have Revive skills in Chemist and Priest (the Monk skill is laughable). 1.3 change to Summoner in AoE revive is very good. And any Revival skill added is a good thing. (Maybe a Oracle Revive+Undead Necromancy skill?) Because I can finally change my characters, because all of the physicals have Item and the mages White Magic.

Speaking about this, it's possible to make Cristal/Box = does not delete your character?? Would be the biggest game changer for the game and would open a lot of new strategies.

About items.
It's not good that weapons change the Evasion rate so much. You have a good sword for Weapon Guard, them the next tier the evasion is lower. You should keep them consistent and give better Evasions to make Weapon Guard usefull. Specially the Mages equips because I love using equipe shield + weapon guard in them.

The Jump boots are useless. At least make them Jump +2.

Why the phoenix down is so expensive?? The only thing this do is a early game big problem, because at the start, your only option for Ressurection is PD, but you basically make Random Battles with a 0 Gil profit because of this. After the initial strugle, it does not make a difference.

Also, the change in FFT+ at the Chemist items are really nice. Make Chemist items capable of removing everything, but spread the effects across the items. (instead Remedy = cure everything).

I have to use more items to talk more about them.

Well, I already talked too much, i'm so sorry! It's because i'm very excited about your mod and I will keep playing until the end. (and give you more feedback if you want!)

See you later.

Eternal

Hey there, Everstill! First, welcome to FFH. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the KO experience, and I'm always accepting feedback. Heavens knows I couldn't do KO all alone and my ideas aren't always perfect, so continued feedback from the community is a crucial part to the constant improvement of KO to make it a more enjoyable experience.

I'll address your feedback point by point in the hopes of providing some clarity for why certain decisions were made and what lies ahead in the future. Before doing so, however, I'd like to note that KO's goal was to rebalance Vanilla while keeping it still feeling like Vanilla. This means that although I -could- be far more creative with certain aspects of the patch, doing so would violate that one fundamental rule that it's based on. Please bear that in mind as I continue to address everything.

-In regards to ambition in changing skills, as noted above, many things simply weren't changed because doing so would remove the Vanilla vibe. I'll go into further detail on the specifics as you bring them up in your post, but very few skills were changed in such a manner that they wouldn't feel like their Vanilla counterparts. Most skills that were changed were done so in a way that they're rebalanced, but are otherwise kept intact. Ultimately, this isn't a patch that strives for ambition, necessarily, but rather, rebalance and fixes.

-Due to the incredibly complex nature of FFT's skill and job system, having each job be completely balanced is an ongoing endeavor. It's one that, frankly, I don't think will ever fully be complete. Can you provide some examples of what jobs you find unbalanced, specifically? Most jobs have some niche that can be filled and used effectively throughout the game.

-Equipment in story battles is fixed, correct. This was done so that players who accidentally overlevel wouldn't have to worry about being stuck on story fights where enemies would have equipment that far outpaces their own. Random battle gear levels with the player. Could it be abused? Certainly. If you want to grind to level 99 to steal the best gear from enemies and that makes you happy, so be it. Being completely honest, there are so many ways to break FFT that it's like using bubble gum to plug a dam trying to get them all. At the end of the day, I care about KO being fun and having the players be able to choose how they want to play, so if you like to grind and steal enemy gear, have at it!

-Random battles are designed to be a way to easily train while picking up monsters of various types to join your family. This is why certain monster types were added, such as Treants to Sweegy- I want the player to have the option of being able to recruit decent monsters early on to augment their party or participate in a Beastmaster run. In fact, most of the 2.6 update was intended to make monsters more viable party members while keeping them true to their Vanilla selves. Also, it makes the random battles more fun when you see different enemy types than Vanilla.

-Stat growth for many jobs have been changed. If you want a full list of job growths, I would advise opening the game in the Patcher, but more or less the stat growths still feel like Vanilla, albeit rebalanced. Stat growth is going to be the focus of the next update, so there'll likely be more discussion in the future about that.

-Many genders were changed in story fights simply because they previously weren't optimal and it made story fights slightly easier than necessary. I, personally, don't feel diversity is an issue even with this change, since you see so many different jobs throughout the game than Vanilla (as you'll see yourself as you progress) that gender isn't a huge deal.

-Wiegraf's all-female party was untouched, as you can see for yourself. As for the Monk leaving the party, it's not anything I'm going to lose sleep over. Maybe she changed jobs before the fight. Maybe she left to Ft. Zeakden. I'm sure there's a fanfic that can be written about this minor detail. In all seriousness though, you have to be careful how many jobs the enemy team has. If you have too many differing sprites on the field at once, it causes graphical bugs.

-Ovelia having Teleport is a lucky coincidence. It's in her skillset, but it's up to the RNG as to whether it'll actually pull it or not. Usually the AI will use Move-MP Up instead.

-Immortal status is something that's also on the rehaul list for 2.7. Ultimately, I agree. I love when buffs and debuffs are useful in fights, and I think what's going to eventually happen is that I'm going to make fights tougher (including bosses), and make Immortal status not guard against everything, and make certain bosses vulnerable to certain debuffs but be tougher as a tradeoff. By the way, learn to live and love buffing and debuffing in KO. Especially in later fights.

-Guests are... a tricky matter for me. I'm in agreement that Guests are a pain, particularly in Chapter I and early Chapter II. That being said, I haven't done a lot of research on that hack and wouldn't feel comfortable using it unless I was entirely sold on it. I honestly don't have a solution for them at the moment, and it's never been an urgent thing for me to think about despite the annoyance.

-Bear in mind that you can only have a limited amount of sprites and type of sprites on screen at once. If you make it so the fights have an added character, certain battles will break without changing up the enemy party to be less diverse. It's how Zirekile gets away with so many types on screen at once- the entire enemy army (except Gaffy) are Knights. As far as Algus not having a weapon, there's an article I'd like you to read that also applies to Ovelia's Teleport: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

-Panthers will keep Caution, namely because Evasion is their thing. I agree that the sprite glitch is ugly, but it's only for a few frames and ultimately doesn't affect gameplay. I made it so that each monster family has their own Reaction. Chocobos already have Counter, so giving Panthers Counter as well would drive my OCD crazy, heh. Likewise, Juravises are meant to be fast, which is why their skills are all about altering Speed. They're frail, but they can easily outspeed you if given the chance. Think of them as rogue-like monsters. As far as Arrow Guard goes... I'm not sure how I feel about changing it to Projectile Guard. It's definitely been in the cards though, so that may be another change later on. Giving Blade Grasp to Ghosts would make them the superior version of Panthers. They'd become very evasive, but immortal thanks to Undead.

-Allow me to take a moment to explain monster abilities in greater detail. The reasons that monsters were given existing skills are twofold. First, creating completely new abilities takes up a lot of ability slots that were better used for other things, such as Ramza's updated Squire skills. Second, again, KO is all about feeling like Vanilla. That means creating as few new abilities as possible. In fact, I believe the only totally new skills in KO are the Oracle's Unction (Add: Oil) and Beowulf's Oil Spellblade, because Oil was fixed and was previously a very rare status. The skills that I gave monsters were to fit their themes that wouldn't feel obstructive or out of place. Also, there are many other FF games where monsters could use skills like Haste. Gobbledegucks and Pisco Demons were given Innate: Monster Skill to synergize with other monsters. Namely, the decision was made as such for people who wanted to use all Monsters on their teams. Chocobos were given AoE Choco Esuna as the sole source of AoE revival in KO, to give them a unique niche. Choco Cure is only single target because otherwise it becomes too annoying to deal with as an enemy early-game and outperforms White Magic too much.

-In regards to skillsets, first let me say that giving Wish to Squires as a generic skill will never happen. It's a huge pet peeve of mine. Thematically, it makes no damn sense. It's a skill given specifically to Ramza/Delita/Teta as a sign of their bonds with each other. It'd be like making a FFVII mod and making Holy a spell accessible to the party as a normal battle skill. It's dumb. Squire skills aren't meant to be good- they're meant to tide you over at the very beginning of the game. That being said, Heal is great, and cures the debuffs that Stigma Magic can't. Gained JP Up remains, because you should still have to work to earn the better skills in the game, and Gained JP Up helps with that at the cost of another passive. That being said, Propositions help tremendously if you don't enjoy battling to get JP.

-Thief is definitely a job that isn't inherently great, aside from their skillset. It's always kinda been their lot in life. That said, they'll likely get some stat changes in the next update and perhaps access to some new weapons. Their actual skills aren't changing. A Poison Bomb skill would be too different from what they had in Vanilla and would defy the purpose of the patch. (Are you noticing a trend yet?)

-Revive is great as part of the Martial Arts skillset as a whole. Consider this: Martial Arts has AoE (Spin Fist/Earth Slash), ranged attack (Wave Fist), instant death (Secret Fist), HP/MP healing (Chakra), debuff clearing (Stigma Magic), and revival (Revive). That's huge. There's no reason for every aspect of Martial Arts to be amazing. It can revive (fairly accurately, at that- it's based on PA so if it has low accuracy, it's because your PA is low) and do so much more. It's part of a great skillset, and that's the boon in it right there.

-Raise is actually -more- accurate than it was in Vanilla. It may be bad compatibility or low Faith causing you trouble on your end. Same thing in regards to Cure magic. It's actually slightly better now.

-Protect/Shell are far more accurate even at level 1 now than they were in Vanilla. The level 2 versions are mostly meant for if you're already engaging the enemy. They won't target enemies and have a larger AoE.

-As with all of my patches (it's kind of become a trademark at this point, heh), Fire/Ice/Bolt are all different from each other. The differences aren't as obvious early on, but become more pronounced as the game goes on. Fire magic has more AoE than Ice/Bolt, Ice magic has more raw power than Fire/Bolt, and Bolt magic is faster than Fire/Ice. Which spell is best depends on the given situation. Giving them elements other than Fire/Ice/Thunder would just make them too different from their Vanilla job.

-Move EXP Up is great for new hires. Move JP Up is great for grinding, and combines with Gained-JP Up. Fusing Movement skills is a pain in the ass and really isn't needed. Instead, I opted to reduce their JP cost so the job itself is easier to master.

-Revival is always a really difficult thing for me. Personally, I'd prefer to be super conservative like FFIII and just make PDs not buyable at all. Raising things from the dead shouldn't be an easy task. That being said, I understand that that's a little too hardcore for people (especially novice FFT players). PDs were made slightly more expensive so that you wouldn't be as inclined to just Rambo the early game- so that you'd actually try and keep your units alive and possibly start using Cure/Protect/Shell. AoE revival on Summoner isn't wise, in my opinion, since the Summoner can do so many other things as well that it makes them a little -too- versatile. I'm sure there's some hack out there that removes permanent removal, but that'd change things up a little too much for my tastes.

-In terms of items, many items will likely be slightly reworked for the next update. The evasion with Swords was always a thing though, even in Vanilla. The in-game text box explains that the higher Evade weapon has a broad hilt or something along those lines to justify it.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions! Looking forward to your continued feedback!

adouchebag

Hey been a long time member here and I'm about to try out your new patch, but before I do I wanted to ask a question about Ramza and Gaffgarion--mainly why you chose not to give Ramza Dark and Night sword.

I know it's supposed to be the 'vanilla' version of the game and all that, but I've always believed Ramza should've gotten Gaffy's abilities; based on Gaffy had taken Ramza under his wing, and was teaching him how to survive as a sellsword.  Also considering Ramza's abilities are only really good for support (nice job with the changes there, btw), AND Ramza defeats Gaffy in single combat, --AND-- there are no other Dark Knights in the game, so his abilities don't ever show up again, it seems to me to be a good fit.

I know I'm not the first person to suggest this, or talk about it, and I did search before asking (although only since the latest patch, I didn't search the whole section ^^) but I figure you probably had a reason for not doing it.  I'm going to do it myself and see if it makes him way too overpowered.

Eternal

You pretty much answered your own question: it doesn't stay true to Vanilla if I give him Dark/Night Sword. If you find that it makes the game more fun for you if you have those skills, by all means, hack them in. :D

Barren

Eternal

Once I get a desk again (I'm currently using my TV as my monitor since I don't have a desk at my new place yet), I'm hoping to release a new update with some changes that should make things a little more fun.

-Each battle past Dorter will have at least two items that can't be purchased for a bit, making Thieves/Steal more valuable.

-I'm going to be revamping boss fights to make them more challenging, and make Immortal status slightly different so that certain bosses can be afflicted with certain statuses again. On the flip side, using those statuses will make the (now tougher) bosses more manageable.

-Move-Find Items will be somewhat improved, as will Poaches.

-Blind Rage will no longer be compatible with Math Skill- replacement to be determined.

-The Level Down trap will be removed. Most of them already were, but the last remaining one at Zeklaus will be axed. It was an oversight and was never meant to be there to begin with.

-There will be some item changes, the exact changes yet to be determined.

There will likely be many more changes, but these are the bigger things at the moment. Hoping to release a Critical Mode update soon as well, for those who prefer a greater challenge.

Chronosplit

Quote from: zssz on January 10, 2017, 08:46:37 am
is it possible to patch complete [translation] first and then 2.6 kind of

I tried and it looks like some description when pressing select mess up TTwTT

Neither this or my name fix patch are compatible, I can confirm that.  Either way it would be a mess due to new spells (Unction for example) and related dialog.

A compatible version of my patch for KO?  As long as it survives being opened in TactText I can in theory see no problems with updating stuff like that manually, but the included .ffttext files would be a no-no, you'd  be going by the changelist and recreating it from there.  I would consider a compatible version of it for KO, but the computer I can do that with went boom recently.