• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final check for bugs before tournament

Started by FFMaster, December 30, 2011, 06:59:17 am

FFMaster

Current bugs fixed:

- Death proper X/Y values
- Raise 2 X fixed

If anything else pops up, tell me asap.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

Try checking to be sure that the ninjitsu skill names are displayed properly when being used in battle like suiton, meiton, ect...nothing wrong with being double sure.
You dare cross blades with me?

FFMaster

That's just currently impossible. Nothing can be done about it unfortunately, until someone works out why GSF doesn't work as it should for the AI.

Barren

That is unfortunate...well i'll be uploading three more exhibition matches today or perhaps 3 matches in one video...so stay tuned for that

Melancthon

When's the tournament?  I haven't checked things out in a while and this might be a good time to jump back in.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Barren

We're not sure yet but by all means check out my marathon video I made Mel :)

SoySauceMaster

Is it too late for me to join again? I want to have another go... I'll update my team just in case.

Barren

Its not too late SSM, its just checking for any changes being made before the tournament date is announced

formerdeathcorps

January 07, 2012, 07:07:06 pm #8 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:42:11 pm by formerdeathcorps
Ultima is improperly flagged.  The AI still thinks faith affects the damage output.
Mad Science is improperly flagged.  The AI thinks faith does not affect the output (though at MA + 90%, I don't think it matters).
A unit with 2 Swords but only one weapon (and one fist) only attacks once.
Armor and Head Break, if successful twice, do not cause physical damage on the second hit.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

formerdeathcorps

Also, can we please check that the formula for Cover Fire given in the Master Guide is right?  In all my testing, I never was able to hit the maximum stated damage.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

FFMaster

Ok, fixed Ultima and Mad Science. As Raven said, 2 Swords is not a bug, and happens in vanilla. No idea about Armor Break and Head Break, since all that was changed from vanilla was that it has CF flagged.

As for Cover Fire, patcher has it as what is listed in the master guide, while you have maintained that it's {1...X} * [PA + (PA + Y) / 2]. Try checking against your formula.

Barren

If anyone has any requests for matches or would just like to see their teams in combat before the tournament begins feel free to PM me. If you do I will get started on videos of your team tomorrow

Dol

I'm assuming its going to be 1 team per person and then filling in with alternates to fill up the bracket?  Is it going to be single or double elimination?  If its double elim, do alternate teams automatically "lose" to primarys in the first round and go into the losers bracket?

doriantoki

Are we doing a team (multiple board members) vs. other teams type of thing?  Or just a basic single free for all?

Gaignun

January 13, 2012, 02:26:20 am #15 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:38:16 am by Gaignun
Petrify's success rate seems to be Hit_F(MA + 75).  Do you want to tone that down for the tounament?

Barren

Maybe lower it to Hit_F(MA + 55) would be a fair way to do it

formerdeathcorps

I thought it said MA + 50 in the Master Guide.  Did FFM forget to fix this one too?

FFMaster

Ok, fixed up Petrify, Blind and Poison to what's listed in the current Master Guide. I've checked through all the spells, and nothing else appears to be wrong. If nothing else major appears, I'll release a c version tomorrow.

Gaignun