• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 08:36:16 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Problem running FFT 1.3/ET on PSP but not with complete

Started by DeviousAlpha, December 18, 2010, 06:55:22 am

DeviousAlpha

Essentially the problem is thus: FFT Easytype/1.3 crashes when run on a PSP with custom firmware. I have begun to narrow the problem down, slowly.

The crashes seem to occur when an AI controlled friendly or enemy unit (ex: Gafgarion/Agrias in the very first battle) wants to use a skill. In the first battle when Gafgarion acts the game crashes. It is fine while he is speaking to agrias, but the moment he goes to move -> sword skill the game crashes.

I know it is only skill related because when the AI wishes to only move and then wait, the crash does not happen. This is not present in FFT complete as I played that until Sweegey woods before deciding to switch to ET. I can load up the Sweegey Woods save (from the Complete playthrough) on Easytype and play that battle. The first goblin who is far away from the party will tend to just move -> wait. While the second goblin who is in range to spin punch Algus (and usually does) crashes the game on his turn.

Any ideas Hacktics community?

ffta707

Quote from: "DeviousAlpha"Essentially the problem is thus: FFT Easytype/1.3 crashes when run on a PSP with custom firmware. I have begun to narrow the problem down, slowly.

The crashes seem to occur when an AI controlled friendly or enemy unit (ex: Gafgarion/Agrias in the very first battle) wants to use a skill. In the first battle when Gafgarion acts the game crashes. It is fine while he is speaking to agrias, but the moment he goes to move -> sword skill the game crashes.

I know it is only skill related because when the AI wishes to only move and then wait, the crash does not happen. This is not present in FFT complete as I played that until Sweegey woods before deciding to switch to ET. I can load up the Sweegey Woods save (from the Complete playthrough) on Easytype and play that battle. The first goblin who is far away from the party will tend to just move -> wait. While the second goblin who is in range to spin punch Algus (and usually does) crashes the game on his turn.

Any ideas Hacktics community?

Pretty much everything crashes on the psp version. Some people can get it right, but most can't. I'm not a psp master, but thisisstupid (another member of the community) should be able to help you (if he sees the topic).

Kourama