• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Need help(Don't know how to use the game already patched)

Started by Rev4nd, June 16, 2015, 04:37:00 pm

Rev4nd

Ok I got the patch ready and it launches but I don't know how to use it. Do I need extra tools because I can't seem to find any information about it. BTW I am using a Mac.

Shintroy

Some day my people will be free.

Rev4nd

Thanks will give it a try. Will come back if need more help.  :D

Rev4nd

(In Excel)
I am having this error in the memory card generator. When I load my team and hit the save button I get this error:

Run-time error '1004':
Method GetSaveAsFilename' of object ' _Application failed.

I got the newest version of excel for mac and yes I enabled the macros thingy.
Plz Help.

Barren

Try saving it as .gme. If you go to the settings tab, there's a drag down option where it says "generate memory card as"
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Rev4nd

Barren it didn't work  :( :( :(

When the error pops out it let me go to the debug thingy and it points this with three red balls next to it:

FName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
    InitialFileName:=SavePath, _
    filefilter:="PSX Memory Card (*" & MCType & "),*" & MCType)

What does this mean?

Barren

Barren

Its a program that allows you to generate save files. Here's the link: http://www.m-l.org/~greerga/fftnet/fftastic/download.html

when you save your .gme file, you open ffastic you hit file, open your memory card that you generated, hit save then you can exit the program. It ensures that your emulator can read the memory card and not have it think its corrupted

Rev4nd

Thanks for the help Barren but the thing is that the spreadsheet won't let me save the team either if it is .gme or .mcr and I get the error that I posted above.

Barren

I don't use a Mac so I can't think of anything else at the moment. Not for a Mac anyways. The spreadsheet is a microsoft excel file, you might need the excel version of that

Rev4nd

Well I forgot i got a Windows partition on my mac I will install my excel there and see if it works hopefully. Thanks for the help  :)

Rev4nd

I guess this doesn't work on mac. Got it running on windows.

Thanks for the help guys. Will try making some teams now  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Barren

Heroebal

Not sure where I'm going wrong on this. What's currently happening is that when I go into the game and try to run the memory card I made it will flash "check memory card" repeatedly and that's it.

>>I believe I have it patched correctly, the game shows the fft arena logo when running.

>> I created the memory card file (Heroebal3.gme) using the fft arena memory card generator. I added my teams in there and then set the player 1 vs player 2 the way I wanted for each of the save files (I'm basically just trying to load my own teams just to see & make sure they work alright. ie Heroebal team 1 vs Heroebal team 2,etc.). I believe the teams are added correctly b/c I see them listed under the team listing tab. I tried saving and running it through the emulator as an .mcr file first, then I tried Barren's suggestion in this topc changing the settings tab in the memory card generator to .gme and then running fftastic and then saving the memory card file as .gme and then running the Heroebal3.gme that way. When I look through the Heroebal3.gme file using fftastic I see that the teams&rosters are present on the save files.

>> I copied the scus data from 4f000 to the end (from notepad removing the 'spaces' and pasted it into the iso data tab in cell A2. I've also tried just leaving the scu data the way it is as the defaulted data that comes with the generator. 

I think maybe there's something I need to do with epsxe emulator? I may have patched the bin file twice with the fft arena patch, maybe that could be it. But I would assume that the bin file would corrupted or error if that were the case.

I don't have the mime patch in there yet and atm I'm skipped putting in any teams that have mimes in it. I'm not worried about that as of right now I'd rather get it working first then worry about fixing the mime thing after.

I also tried getting a new iso but it's being listed listed as Final Fantasy Tactics [NTSC-U][SCUS-94221].bin.ecm and not just the normal bin file. Right now I'm still trying to get the original .bin file (that I downloaded last week & patched with fft arena ) to work. I also have a physical copy of the fft disc on hand.

I'm leaning towards something I need to do with the emulator because every change I have made so far has lead to the same result repeated "check memory card" flashing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Barren

Did you set the men card to one of the slots in your emulator? Because even if you generate the memory card correctly you still have to assign it to a slot.

Open your emulator and select config then select memory card. Pick either slot 1 or 2 and find wherever you have the .gme file then it will be read as a memory card.

Heroebal

Quote from: Barren on June 26, 2015, 04:33:10 pm
Did you set the men card to one of the slots in your emulator? Because even if you generate the memory card correctly you still have to assign it to a slot.

Open your emulator and select config then select memory card. Pick either slot 1 or 2 and find wherever you have the .gme file then it will be read as a memory card.

I believe I did that, but is showing up as /user/desktop/Heroebal3.gme (I've also tried deleting and leaving just the /Heroebal3.gme part, still flashes). That's when I get the repeated "check memory card" message it almost seems like it's "skipping". When I switch it back to the original .001/.002 files it actually reads "no data stored" but no flashing/skipping of the message.

I'll try run it back through again later after I get out of work.

Corosar

I found that using version 1.9 of ePSXe causes this glitch... if that is what your using i recommend reverting to an earlier version.. i found that i had this glitch in 1.9 but not 1.6... its a weird one but that is how i fixed the issue
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Jumza

1.9 is just not great in general. 1.6 is way better for all of your FFT needs.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Heroebal

^ ooh that could be it, I did download the latest version. I'll try the 1.6 version when I get home. Thanks for the help guys.