• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Hello all!

Started by calistur91, November 18, 2009, 01:37:24 am

calistur91

November 18, 2009, 01:37:24 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by calistur91
Hi people! I decided since I lost my job recently (Don't worry I have enough saved up for now), that I would get back into scripting. I've been trolling this forum for about 2 months roughly.

My name is Jared, a lot of people know me as Calistur, Cali! You might of heard me before! I created a majority of the MonsterAndMe English HLHL and Genius scripts; created ADCLM hacks in Tibia (Shh about that one!). I've also worked on the RulerBot in ConquerOnline! I did not have much time to improve that program so eventually it became obsolete when they updated their game servers.

This is most likely in the wrong section, I apologize, however I spent about 5 hours creating a new patch for FFT about Pokemon. Yes, Pokemon. I don't know if anyone has done this before, but I can post screen shots later tonight.

Anyways, the real reason I posted here was to figure out where exactly is the graphical text after you Decompile Test.evi?

For example: When you beat the first battle and the text covers the screen about Delita.

Also.. you think anyone could do an Ash or Team Rocket Sprite? :P

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Jared.

Archael

November 18, 2009, 12:09:54 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I don't know the answer to your question (someone will have an answer here tho) but I'm curious to see screens on your pokemans patch

Kokojo

November 18, 2009, 12:13:43 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Once test.evt is decompiled, you should get PSXevent.txt, where all events are, and event.txt, where you actually make the changes.

for more info on this, Il link you to my Event Editing tutorial, because I am quite lazy.

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4067
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

philsov

November 18, 2009, 12:14:40 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteWhen you beat the first battle and the text covers the screen about Delita.

Delita's name appears for the first time one year before blah blah blah?  That's just normal text all fancied up.  You can check out

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... 1140#91140

for a download for all the events seperated without dummy text, or simply decomiple your own event data from the iso.  Pretty sure its event 0x008 -- Military Academy.  You can check the lines that reference the text if you're trying to figure out how to carry over that display into other events, or simply just change that text itself if you're doing for an odd sort of rewrite.

Either way, WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Dome

November 18, 2009, 12:15:36 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
QuoteWELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"