• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:06:26 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

A question

Started by psp master, April 19, 2009, 04:25:00 am

psp master

April 19, 2009, 04:25:00 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by psp master
With new sprites, text edits and jobs. And I have a question: is it a good idea to make Bard (warrior) and Dancer (mage) starting jobs for males/females so females are mages and males are fighters. That seems great. You need to have both males and females.

Skip Sandwich

April 19, 2009, 12:11:40 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
that does work, however, you can't change the starting job from squire without ASM, so your job tree would look like
         -->Dancer-->ect
Squire --
          -->Bard-->ect

otherwise that's a fine idea
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Vanya

April 19, 2009, 12:18:23 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
That would make it just like in Tactics Ogre. (Not a bad thing.)
In tactics ogre the only job that males and females share is Soldier.
From there they have different job trees.
And since FFT was developed by the team that created TO... yadda yadda yadda...
FFT was probably originally going to be a TO game that was shuffled around early in development.
Just a theory. ^_^

At any rate, if you do it like this it'll give you an extra set of sprite files for enemy only jobs. Since something like half the male & half the female sprites would go unused.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯