• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:50:57 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTA Job Editor [beta]

Started by Darthatron, October 04, 2011, 01:53:24 am

Darthatron

October 04, 2011, 01:53:24 am Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:01:48 pm by Darthatron
http://www.mediafire.com/?inxw6u37gax9x1e

Update 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?03xjsg1628aju91

Should be self explanatory. Post bugs. kthx.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Darthatron

October 13, 2011, 03:07:25 am #1 Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:17:23 am by Darthatron
Update 2: Fixed some bugs. http://www.mediafire.com/?x4gjzzncc7kc84g

Update 3: Fixed a big bug: http://www.mediafire.com/?4431bv9g4n8vuv2

Ethereal Embrace

Uh, when I try to use the editor it tells me:  "To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of .NET Framework:  v4.0.30319"

What does that mean?

Eternal

What OS are you using? IIRC, .net comes standard on Windows.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Ethereal Embrace

It's windows but it's an old computer.

Eternal

You may want to see if you can download the latest Service Pack for whatever you have. I -think- those include .NET updates, but I'm not 100% sure.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Ethereal Embrace

Okay, so I can use it on my laptop but not on the home computer - I can deal with that.

But I found something odd.  I tried to change the jobs so that more of them could equip shields but when I actually do try it out, it doesn't work.  It does work for about any weapon as far as I could see, but not shields.  I'm not sure about other armor types, but is it a bug, perhaps?

Eternal

Hmm, I haven't touched Shields much. I'll test it out later. Thanks for the feedback!

Darthatron

Ribbons have a similar bug. I'll look in to it some time. Ribbon's have a code to check if the Job is a Viera or not. I'm guessing there's something similar for Shields (and the Shieldbearer support ability.)

Ethereal Embrace

The job editor produces some minor bugs.  One quest required a White Mage and I had two but I couldn't do it.  Another quest didn't require a job and it said "Required Job:  _"  - referring to the "no job" job that exists in the game data. 

It's obviously not too huge of a deal, at least not yet.  But I fear it might escalate.

Soel

OMG! this is epic! I finally dled it. (net wasn't good yesterday) thank you for this :)

Darthatron

Ethereal Embrace

Amazing update.

Did you ever get a chance to fix the Ribbon/Shield bug?  I'm also wondering about one of the enemy level hacks, the one based on highest level in the clan.  I at first didn't have a big qualm about it, but then I remembered that there are the 6 special characters (Eldena, ect.) that start out being 7 levels above your clan average, therefore, allowing one of them to join the clan would invariably mean a HUGE challenge for the rest.

Also, I don't quite understand the meaning of the "Enable level scale on all battles" hack.

Eternal

The font editor looks really nice. Probably won't use it for FFTA: GG though.

EE: That makes enemy levels scale with your party's in each battle.

Darthatron

Ethereal Embrace: Certain items have extra checks. I have a list of some of them, and will add a fix in the next version.

"Enable level scale on all battles" makes even story missions level with the character, rather than be fixed-levels.

Brune

November 07, 2011, 01:46:12 pm #15 Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:59:13 pm by Brune
Has this gotten to the point where you can use certain jobs to make "new" jobs? (Without changing relevant jobs ex. Soldier, Fencer, Templar)

The reason I'm asking is because I want to be able to use a job that the enemy probably won't ever use(except possibly certain story battles) similar to Ramza's Squire.

Ethereal Embrace

I kinda found a minor bug/thing.  When I changed the game to make it so that everyone recovers 10 % of max Mp, at that time, I could reverse it.  But now, I don't know why, but I cannot.  Everything else in the misc editor part works just fine, except for this.

Darthatron

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Unrelated, but don't you think you should have links to the FFTA Wiki on this board, Darth?  And I can't find the source code for the FFT AIO Editor.

Darthatron

Probably :P

Here's the source for v6.0.0.0; The latest isn't uploaded yet: http://darth.ffhacktics.com/app/AIO/source/0.6.0.0.zip