• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

Jumza

Black World Map is also an emulator settings problem.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Use pSX 1.13 (aka PSXFin) instead of ePSXe. None of that wierd plugin stuff.

Xifanie

That is completely pointless. At worst, pSX will autodetect the format:

cuebin: No .cue file found!  Will attempt to guess format assuming single track
cuebin: Seems to be MODE2/2352

If it can't, I'd be surprised if you could even play any mods on this website using such an image.

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

Dunno what version of pSX you use, but mine refuses to run anything without a .cue file. But you can just supply an empty .cue file and it'll load up fine, no matter what the .cue file says. Mine thinks the image is for Final Fantasy VII, but it loads just fine. But yeah, absolutely completely refuses to load a .bin without a .cue, unlike any other emulator. Obnoxious.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

Gonna have to look into this further, perhaps there is 2 different versions floating around, because I get the same thing
Xifanie posted. I've never once had a cue file for anything I've loaded in pSX 1.13.

Angel

May 07, 2014, 09:51:09 pm #265 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:57:36 pm by Toshiko
I know that there ARE two versions of 1.13 available. One is buggy, the other is stable. AFAIK, I have the stable version. But they're also differentiated by executable name. Perhaps I have a renamed 1.13? Either way, my 1.13 demands a .cue for any .bin, no exceptions. No .cue? No play. Error message and quit.

Edit: Pasting from IRC:

09:54:44 PM <~Angel> so, what I just said to xifi
09:55:03 PM <~Angel> now that I have a persistent console window, pSX no longer requires a .cue
09:55:16 PM <~Angel> I renamed Tekken 1's .cue to not be recognized, game loads up fine
09:55:32 PM <~Angel> I'm guessing there won't be any music, though
09:55:35 PM <~Angel> let us see...
09:55:41 PM <~Angel> yep, no music

So yeah. Now that I have a console window, .bin images can be loaded without .cue... No idea what happened there.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Xifanie

Seperest, could you please share the psx.ini that you have in your emulator folder? We'd like to look further into this.
As it stands right now, we know how to enable the console which allows loading without .cue, but it never disappears, which can be an issue for some people.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pandemoniu

Hopefully, this is the right place.

This is a text error. When you're at Warjilis Trade City, when Ramza speaks to the Olivander and Leesha, he says "He'as taken my sister hostage".

I imagine that's supposed to be "He's".

Don't know if this has already been noticed and is being slated for correction when Chapter II is released or not.

3lric

May 27, 2014, 04:15:27 pm #268 Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:18:32 pm by Elric
Not sure if someone mentioned it before now or not, but I did see the script still had the error
so I went ahead and updated the script for the next release.

Thank you :)

Pandemoniu

Wanted to chime in again to say that the Support Ability "Turbo MP" doesn't have any help in its help description. It just brings up a small empty dialog box.

Once again, not sure if this is something that has been noted or not.

RavenOfRazgriz

Generally, running into dummied out abilities with no effects or descriptions is a side effect of cheating and hacking things onto your characters, yes.

Pandemoniu

Hmm, I see. Thanks for the response.

By the way, what does this ability in question do?

3lric

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Elric on May 30, 2014, 03:13:32 pm
He just said it does nothing :P

Oh... Well then...

I guess that'll be removed later or something.

Angel

It will either be removed or made usable at a later time. Which way it goes depends on a number of things.

3lric

It was a skill that was decided to not be used in Chapter 1. We still have some skills left around like this, that haven't
been used yet that will be renamed and made into other skills or other characters/bosses down the road. It has a name
simply because it hasn't be taken out of tactext yet, nothing more :P

Pandemoniu

A tiny little typo that may or may not have already been noticed.

Lionel Castle's Help description reads in-part:

"Currently ruled by a mysterious appointed Duke 'Drake Seymour'"

I imagine "mysterious appointed" should read "mysteriously appointed".

Rayadolphus

August 21, 2014, 09:00:59 pm #277 Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:02:43 pm by Elric
No need to post the same question in 2 topics
-Elric

Rufio

August 22, 2014, 07:11:56 am #278 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:44:31 am by Rufio
Hi there.  I finished my first play through your game a couple days ago and all I can say is wow.  Well done.  Everything.  I have nothing constructive to add so I'll just point out where the game called me Ramza instead of Rufio.

script x00A - message 04
script x03A - message 02
script x044 - pretty much the whole time
script x0AC - messages 05, 09, 0B
script x0AD - message 02
script x0B6 - pretty much the whole time
script x0BA - pretty much the whole time
script x0c2 - message 02
script x0CB - pretty much the whole time
script x0E0 - pretty much the whole time
and the message that made me notice -> script x0B8 - message 07

I don't know if these have been pointed out before, but here you go.  Once again, thanks for an amazing game.

Edit:  OH! I almost forgot, during my powergaming playthrough my second go, all of my jobs and learned abilities got right messed up after the Dorter Slums mugging scene.  I did some investigating and think it might be the missing EventEnd() tag on script x02F.  That's all I could think of.

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

3lric

Wow, I though we got all of those. Ill look into that once I get home. Thank you very much

Edit: the eventend is indeed there but like the Dante/ganon cutscene at the end, the event is very long, so
the eventend doesn't decompile properly. Though my master copy has the entire event intact. If you dont have a eventend it actually won't even compile.

I have never heard of that issue lol not quite sure how to bugtest that one. Do you have the save?