• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Marche appear in Wotl

Started by Kenichi, July 17, 2015, 05:17:36 pm

Kenichi

I need some help! How can I made Matche appear in Wotl like FFT 1.3?  :roll:

leohoshi

You need to replace a existing character with March sprites. there are Tutorials arround the Forum: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10141.0

you will need some programs. You can find them in Main site -> Tool. Like FFTpatcher, CDmage, FFTEVGRP, Shishi Editor (comes with Patcher) and etc..

Kenichi

Thanks @leohoshi for your advice.

As far as I know the Marche in FFT 1.3 is a replacement of Alma but how come he appear from no where at the begin of the battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf1Q6Q7-Jjs 

leohoshi

On the video it seems that the battle is an event created with event editing tools, but its the PSone version of FFT which people seens to care most and . Unfortunately I can't help you create events because I still need to learn myself and apparently there are not many tools to make new events in the PSP version as for the PSone version. I like the PSP version most, but the editing possibilities of PSone version is attractive, although i never messed with it, i care for PSP version most. :)

But the Marche character itself must have been positioned in the battle with FFTpatcher and their skills as well. and included in the game with the help of Shishi sprite editor and FFTEVGRP.

Kenichi

Same here I prefer for Wotl. Some time I wonder why and the only reason is 24 units in total is better than 16.  :lol:

I have just lean how to change sprite and study how to modify the sprite. Let's keep trying.

3lric

I created that event (the newest one 1.3 uses anyway, as the original had some bugs) this is done via event  code. You'd need to get someone to give you that event and then compile it to the proper offset in your test.evt which you can find in the extraced fftpack. Are you sure you know what you are getting yourself into here?
  • Modding version: PSX