• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:28:53 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Please help on placing monster sprites!

Started by leohoshi, July 11, 2015, 02:10:03 am

leohoshi

Hello guys, i need help using monsters sprites like flan, werewolf, Lamia and Tortoise, how do i make them look correct ? i set them as MON in shishi but in game they look like a mess (i used flan sprite to substitute one of Alma's sprites).

I really want to add new monsters to the game, i can do it with person sprites but not with monster sprites :( !!! Moreover i want to set the new monsters up for ramdom battles i tried use FFTpatcher but it isnt appearing in battle even if i mark the "always present" check and copy/paste it in all slots of mandalia plains.

More over i wanted to make history events.. is it possible in Wotl PSP or just in PSX?

3lric

July 12, 2015, 03:03:18 pm #1 Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:12:48 am by Elric
Did you set both the SHP AND SEQ to MON type? Because it sounds like you only did one.
  • Modding version: PSX

leohoshi

Thank you Elric. i'm still working on it. Still havent figured how to put new made monsters on ramdom battles. I have been making lots of changes in PSP version.. some stuff I did so far:

*Changed some sprites for better ones (Agrias, Meliadou, Mustadio, Some generic classes, etc)
*Changed many skill sets
  Squire now has Entice(renamed recruit), Praise, Preach, Chant, Salve
  Bard now has Condem(renamed Death sentence) and Mimic Darlavon(renamed Slumber tune)
  Knight now has Insult(renamed Provoke) and Intimidate
  much more....
*Changed poach itens from monsters 
*Replaced classes to new ones:
  Red mage (in place of Orator, Who needs Orator?) with cure, fire, Blizzard, thunder, etc
  Green mage (in place of Mystic) mostly with renamed mystic skills and protect + Shell + tailwind
  Blue mage (in place of Arithmetician cause it's too OP) (very happy the learn ability really works)
* Nerfed many skills I judge too strong like Holy Sword techniques reducing damage and range to 2 tiles or 3 tiles depending if it hits a single unit or multiple units (4 tiles for Divine Ruination)
* Changed monsters reaction and movement abilities

Some things i want to do still:
*figure out how to make mime and onion Knight being able to use Reaction, Passive and Movement abilities and a second skill set.
*figure out how to eliminate the need of monster talk from orator skills
*further edit skill sets in a balanced way, like changing bard, dancer, ninja and archer skill set to make it's abilities similar to FFTA2 ones
*place new monsters in game and in ramdom battles
*get familiar with event editing and create/edit some events

Anyway, i look foward FFThacktics assistance!
I'm still trying to create/place monsters, hehe

leohoshi

July 19, 2015, 03:48:46 pm #3 Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:45:45 pm by leohoshi
My monster sprites sheet is messed up ! :( :( :( !!

I first tried to set monster sprite sheet using Shishi 0,482. But it says the size it's highter than max size permited, so i used the version 0.352 which let me place it but half of the sprite sheet becomes messed up when i re-open the iso.

can someone help me? is there something i can do ?

Edit: I noticed that the problem was that i was trying to place a Monster sheet of bigger size than the Max SPR size.

leohoshi

I need more help!

Trying to create new skills in place of others i used the skill 00CCBio to make a "Oil" spell. I set everything accordly, and uset the formula of Poison initially 0A Hit_F(MA+X)% ME. But no matter the number i place on "X" the chance of Oiling an enemy in game is 0% to a max of 25%.

then i though "Oil is not that big deal i'll set it to a 100% Formula" so i set it to formula 38 Hit_(100%) Status NE but yet in game the chance of Oiling was of only 25% !!

Now i was trying to create new spells for new monsters i added to game based on FFTA2 skills, so i made a kiss spell for Lamia on Beak monster skill, i made Acid in Squeal monster skill to Flans and Still had the same problem of chance to hit only 25%!

Anyone has any clue what is happening?
only used the FFTpatcher

Jumza

Check the status infliction page, specifically the number you are using to inflict these effects. The percentage will look lower but could possibly still be 100% able to do something if it's split between more than one effect. For example: 100% chance to inflict Oil or Poison or Don't Move or Don't act, the game will display 25% chance to inflict either Oil, Poison, Don't Move or Don't Act, even if any one of them could hit and one of them definitely will.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

leohoshi

Ty very much Jumza! I did not think there were a whole thread about status infliction!

Below is the thread link to help others that could have the same problem; ^_^

All my question were answered when i found these threads:
Status Effects: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4898.msg107978#msg107978
[Formulas] Status proc % for Dmg and Heal formulas: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4725.msg107575#msg107575