• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:57:13 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

"Comments" of CoP items list

Started by Setku, December 08, 2009, 06:05:01 pm

Kokojo

Well, most of these Items won't make it in the first demo, so I guess we could do as you say, I like it.

For the status bows, Il put them at the same Ilvl, so the loot system will give them at random.

I named most of the Items, thanks to your suggestions, and I will update this thread soon with the named items so far. Thanks to all, you've been a great help !
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

mav

Anytime man, anytime. We left quite a few items unnamed, so I'll hop to that after the update.

EDIT: Let's nail down some of the helmets first.
Helm1=Combat Helm
Helm2=Spangenhelm
Helm3=Iron Crown
Helm4=Parade Helm
Helm5=Tarnhelm

Cap1=Cheich or Tagelmust (use the Twist Headband or Red/Black Hood graphic)
Cap2=Kukol or Koukoulion
Cap6=Lamia's Tiara (Golden Hairpin graphic, perhaps)
Cap7=Ribbon (use the Ribbon graphic)

Staff1=Cleric's Staff
Staff2=Ruyi
Staff3=Seraphim's Staff
Staff4=Bachal Isu

Kokojo

Updated !
Ohhh, I did not see your update in time it seems.

Well, I updated mine. Your Helms and caps seems all better than me, but I think the musical theme of the staffs are good.

Thanks you very much mav, and please comment again.

jimmyjw88

Wow...All these names are great ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Quote from: "Kokojo"...but I think the musical theme of the staffs are good.
Hah! That's brilliant. I love it. All of the items sound pretty cool: some of 'em should be familiar to RPG players, others are neat nods to other games, while the rest are all mythological/historical in nature. I hope people are curious enough to look some of 'em up. It looks like there's a mistake on the spear though: should be Gae Bolg, not Gaw Bolg. Little typo though, no big deal.

You're doing great, man. Even though I've mostly stuck to this thread, I'm extremely interested in this patch. Keep up the good work.

jimmyjw88

Looking forward to see the complete list of items new names ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kokojo

All right ! Names are done, accesories too ! Feel free to go and comment on the names or effects ! I still have around 20-30 items affects left, so I would't mind changing or adding some ! Ideas and comment, always welcome in Kokopia ! :P

Thanks to everyone who helped !

mav

Pretty good, overall, some of the armor names could be cooler, but I'm very impressed. Great job.

jimmyjw88

Kokojo

Yeah, so, if you need help to come up with ideas for the descriptions, I can help to help you find about what to say.

mav

Sure thing man, I'll let you know when I need ya.

Kokojo

Mmmm, so, Mav Silvas would need to know what you are working on now so that you don't do the same thing... I think you should start with Armors and then weapons, and at last accesories.

mav

Okay, I'll start with armors, though this is probably gonna take me a while though--my workload increased unexpectedly. I may be able to type up and post some descriptions, but I dunno if I could get anything else done soon enough. I feel like a twat for promising something and then backing away from it...

Kokojo

No problem, take your time, Mav. You've done a lot already and I don't want to force anyone into working too much :P

MiKeMiTchi

I assume that what's left is naming the mantles.

I researched on some names, and these are what I came up with:

mantle1: Scholar's Jacket - add 1MA
mantle2: Cloak of Rogues - add haste\ or add 2SP
mantle3: Zephyr Mantle (male only) - 1 jump
mantle4: Tenkai Shawl (female only) - 1 move
mantle5: Harmonizer - add Reflect? not sure...
mantle(6 or 7): Wolfheiden - add protect
mantle(7 or 6): Asprika (means "light of the gods") - adds resistance to all elements
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Kokojo

Oh sorry if you misunderstood my pm, but what I need is descriptions for the items - not names nor stats. (this will be for the balance.
And also, mantles descriptions were done by Mari.

Sorry to have given you such work for nothing :S

MiKeMiTchi

Okay, no worries. :P
But if you ever liked any mantle I posted, implement them! hehe..
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi