• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:58 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Alright, so give me the nitty-gritty here.

Started by Chronosplit, January 20, 2015, 04:38:42 pm

Chronosplit

I'm assuming this patch is as complete as it's going to be, looking at the times present on the subforum's latest posts.

So my main question is here, what bugs still persist from the discussions outside of the books not being translated?  Anything really awful that would hinder my gameplay completely or crash the game?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Quote from: Chronosplit on January 20, 2015, 04:38:42 pm
I'm assuming this patch is as complete as it's going to be

Yup, it's no longer being worked on and is far from Complete. (you could always wait on TLW to come out, should be in the next month or two)

Quote from: Chronosplit on January 20, 2015, 04:38:42 pm
So my main question is here, what bugs still persist from the discussions outside of the books not being translated?  Anything really awful that would hinder my gameplay completely or crash the game?

The text was not properly ported from the PSP version. Either that or it was literally never bugtested, since many of the double long hypens used in WotL (that aren't a thing in PSX) were not removed you will get quite a few events with random japanese text in them where hypens should be. This isn't game breaking though.

I'm sure it's completely playable without anything gamebreaking, however it was made quite some time ago. A LOT more is possible now than was when FFT:C was in development. AFAIK all it actually changes is the character/item names/map names/and dialogue. I'm sure there are some other bits as well though. However it does not include any of the extra events from WotL nor the special characters or intro/opening movies or anything like that. (TLW does these things)

Cheetah

Does the latest version not have the hyphens fix? I thought I at least got that taken care of before dropping this.
Current Projects:

3lric

As of the latest version I played it was still in Zeakdon and several others. The patch was made a long time ago and not nearly as much was able to be done back then. So I can see how it would be easily missed in the event script, considering the hyphen commands are similar.

Cheetah

No it was an inability, simple and initial miss because the WotL script used a character not in the original US release. I'm pretty sure I went through and fixed them all, but I think other bugs appeared making the overall build less stable. Melonhead disappeared and I was unable to resolve the issues. Regardless, only a minor text error the occurs in maybe a dozen skits.
Current Projects: