• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Raven's Spreadsheet Shop [LOTS OF BUGFIXES!]

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, June 02, 2011, 10:40:26 pm

The Damned

(I'm going to assume that the "64h" is meant to be "80h" as it says in the worksheet since "80h" makes mathematical sense as I sluggishly figured out above.)

I see. I suspected as much, I just wanted to be certain. Although, to be honest, I don't know what you mean by "fix bundled".

As such, I just want to further clarify something:

Given that I indeed tend to tweak Float & Oil (in ways that I've seen no one even hint at also thinking of yet) and other status effects, then I should be fine with regards to the latter so long as I avoid whatever space of code this writes over, right? Or does this not specifically write over an "area" beyond that which is specifically affected unlike how the various coders ASMs can accidentally be in the same place?

I feel this is already answered by you saying "fix bundled", so please forgive my boundless ignorance for possibly asking such an obvious question twice.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

...The portion of the spreadsheet that affects Elements automatically applies an Oil fix to make it function as intended in Vanilla.  It is incompatible with other Oil fixes that already exist and if you attempt to use this spreadsheet to affect Elements, anything you attempt to do to Oil via ASM will need to be specially tailored to work alongside what's done here in some way.

It's really not that hard to understand.

The Damned

(Oh. Ohhhhhhhhh.)

For some reason, I was mentally taking "fix bundled" to mean a bunch of fixes, so I wasn't think of the singular "fix" to Oil. I guess I'm just used to being "auto-fixed" given the nature of the site. "Always: Slow", remember?

So, it's just me being an idiot as usual. Worry not. Thankfully, my change to Oil should be pretty much additive to the fix, so I hope it won't take to much to "work around". I'm getting way ahead of myself though given the little work I've done.

That said, you might want to update the front post to say that Oil isn't "still missing" in the Multiplier in that case. Unfortunately, I can't even use that as an excuse since I didn't consciously remember it. Thanks for the patience.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

Oil is "still missing".  You can't actually edit what Elements it affects or its multiplier value through the spreadsheet, because the hack this uses doesn't allow that by default and I don't know what it's doing well enough to try and find it for myself.  It's just automatically fixed to be 2x Fire - Removed on Fire Hit.  This is why I mentioned being willing to work with Glain or Choto or someone if they wanted to make a more robust version of this hack, since I merely used the one that allowed the most flexibility.

Choto

Dear RavenofRazgriz,

In the XA + Y rewrite, please switch these two lines because they were borking the STAT*STAT/CONST*STAT formula. Thanks!

Sincerely,
-Chotokukyan

P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

DuxorW

Is it just me, or does the default value for martial arts in the multiplier workbook do something crazy? (My monks started doing over 500 damage at level 3)

RavenOfRazgriz

It... might?  Some of these workbooks have errors I'll be updating in the coming weeks.  As in, really stupid errors that make me wonder if anyone here actually edits this game sometimes because they will make your shit go derp.

Just hold out a bit.

RavenOfRazgriz

FINALLY huge update.

I updated every Workbook I knew had errors and was within my power to fix.  This also includes a rewrite to the entire Player Starting Inventory routine by Chotokukyan that I made use of in Journey of the Five that people should be able to enjoy.

(I still haven't fixed the Martial Arts thing because I forgot it was a problem, expect a subsequent update for that later, so you may want to avoid the Multipliers Editor for now.) 

Krendall

I have a few questions on how some things work. Sorry if I sound stupid for not understanding things right away.

1) I want Ramza to have Item available in the first battle. Do I use the Pre-Raw Stats Editor, the ENDT editor in FFTPatcher, or do I need something else altogether? If it is FFTPatcher, is it entry 188 like the rest of the starting group?

2) How does editing the Defense Boost ASM affect how Defense UP and Magic Defense UP work? Do they just stack?

3) Just for clarity, is the last malleable formula STAT1*(STAT2/CONST)*STAT3? Basically the same as PA*(Brave/100)*PA?

4) Didn't there used to be a sheet that let you select what items were available in stores? Why was it removed?

RavenOfRazgriz

1) You cannot give Ramza a secondary skillset or any R/S/M when he's initially spawned and added to your roster, at least through any means I'm aware of, ENTD or otherwise.  (This is why the Jot5 Ramza does not have Item equipped in the first battle despite the fact Cloud and Link do.)

2) I assume you're talking about the Job Defense Boost Workbook, which should just stack the way multiple % boosts/decrements normally do.

3) The math works the same, yes.  However it's a separate formula option, so you can use both the PA*(Brave/100)*PA Formula for Fists if you wanted, then make a separate Formula here for a different weapon, such as recreating the Fell Swords from War of the Lions.

4) This functionality now works correctly in FFTPatcher as of version .482

Krendall

Thanks for the quick reply.

I knew it was a separate math formula, I just wanted to make sure it functioned the way I thought it did (the lack of parenthesis made it a little ambiguous).

That sucks about Ramza, though. I wonder why the game's set up that way?

Shade

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Celdia

"Why is Celdia necrobumping a thread that hasn't had a post in nearly 8 years?"

Because someone else using this suite of spreadsheets might run into the same issue I just did.

In the "Status, Terrain, and Multiplier Workbook Compilation" the Terrain Editor tab is broken in such a way that any attempts to add status to a unit when they move onto a certain terrain type causes the game to hang because of some buggy code that jumps to empty space in the game somewhere. I assume it is part of the functionality that was added to allow it to cancel statuses as well? Either way, used as-is (presumably all Vanilla values) will cause your game to hang in Zigolis Swamp and ONLY in Zigolis because that's the only place with poison-inflicting swamp tiles. I can only presume it will do this to any other tile type you modify to add/cancel a status effect, but I didn't test it beyond that. The other functions of the sheet that modify data tables that already existed in vanilla (like the Geomancy ID reference list) work perfectly fine, but something with the new parts added to BATTLE.BIN are all kinds of fucky and shouldn't be used. Doesn't help that when you're just playing it in something like psxfin the console window reports no errors, so if you've ever used this sheet and got a weird game freeze in Zigolis (or anywhere you modified terrain to add new statuses) that's likely why.

This has been your super-timely PSA of the decade. See you in another 8 years.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0