• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:58:28 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

formerdeathcorps

November 01, 2011, 06:10:12 pm #1000 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:18:39 pm by formerdeathcorps
Sadly, I'll have to spend post 1000 to bring some bad news.

I can't upload further videos until I return home for the weekend.  My current upload speed at school is at best 10 kB/s (if nothing else is taking up bandwidth) and my wireless resets every 4 hours.  Videos are 100 MB on average, meaning that on average, if nothing goes wrong (no sudden network activity, no lag, and no problems with YT arbitrarily cutting off my video), it'll take 3 hours to upload, per video.   28 * 3 = 3.5 days of continuous internet activity, MINIMUM.  In reality, this process may take as long as 2 weeks, as it did for Round 1.
At home, I have an upload speed of around 100 kB/s so I can reasonably finish such videos over a much shorter period of time.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Wiz

November 01, 2011, 07:29:01 pm #1001 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:29:25 pm by Wiz
Quote from: formerdeathcorps on November 01, 2011, 06:10:12 pm
At home, I have an upload speed of around 100 kB/s so I can reasonably finish such videos over a much shorter period of time.

That's still very slow. You're better off going to your public library and uploading there or another hotspot, which will save you a lot more time. At 20 mbps, I'm able to upload a ~250 MB vid in about 2 min.

Win. :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

formerdeathcorps

November 01, 2011, 07:36:45 pm #1002 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:38:14 pm by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: Wiz on November 01, 2011, 07:29:01 pm
That's still very slow. You're better off going to your public library and uploading there or another hotspot, which will save you a lot more time. At 20 mbps, I'm able to upload a ~250 MB vid in about 2 min.

Win. :P

It doesn't quite matter since at home, no one really uses the computer but me.  I just leave it on to upload 26 videos while I go to work, do homework, or eat dinner.  It'll be done in 8-12 hours, which is perfectly fine if the majority of that time is spent away from the computer.  At the end of the day, the videos are done and I'll be able to return to my dorm.

EDIT: My roommate has an Ethernet cable in his room.  That thing uploads at a speed comparable to my home connection so if I get my own, I should be able to simply upload 26 videos while I sleep.  In the future, that may be a more practical solution.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Wiz

Huh, Iron boots were sort of a backfire since Dol's focused much of their attention towards the Samurais at first.

Aww, I though Angelus had him in the tiebreaker, but those simple raises going off faster than Bahamut really sealed the deal imo.

Damn, what a massacre that was

6x Slow Dance ftw :O

Seriously, the purple palette, #5, need to go. I was surprised to see Bladewolf's monk not using Earth Slash on that Wizard

Damn, those rounds were long and boring towards the end of each of them. And yeah, a Paladin with a gun doesn't seem like the best of choices to me imo.

To be expected, I designed this and my other team to take down Y U SO DERP. It's kinda the new bar I set for myself: If you can't take out this team whilst beating everyone else in the process (luckily I've done that so far), then you're better off not participating. But that's just me pushing myself. Surprised to see Disillusion and would think it'd be more effective on larger maps. Perhaps a rematch of sorts on the Public Cemetary, VALKYRIES, and Zigolis Swamp? Just a thought

Damn, not enough charm procs were hitting + that Paladin and Scholar really layed the smack down whilst the Oracle Petrified people with Initial:Faith intact.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

doriantoki

November 02, 2011, 10:09:47 pm #1005 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:10:31 pm by doriantoki
Samurais went down pretty fast.  Critical hits ftw.  Auto-Potion, always a good anti-dance and anti-lore.

My first mime works really well in sync with that mime.  Well though out team.  Raise 2 saves the day second round (raise 2 certainly seems to be a tide turner in many matches).  Bad luck with RNG second round for Norm :o.

Ouch, pretty mismatched.  Summon goes right through those Reflect Mails, and that's obviously what raped my team to hell and back.

Dance dance revolution!

That wizard needs short charge.  The charm that second round, too, was pretty bad.  We need to stop using that black palette, IMO.

Hilarious match.  Losers definitely have survival power.  Paladin and chemist not particularly impressive damage ...

♫"I fought the law, and the, law won"♫, as well, "Lay this team to waste".  Awesome match.

That first map really worked in Heretics' favor.  But it's a better team over, just IMO.

CT5Holy

So uh, that's an old version of Iron Will. >_> Most updated version has a Dancing Monk iirc in place of a Mime.
Next time! No need for rematch or anything (although it'd be appreciated if it was featured against another team)
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

formerdeathcorps

November 03, 2011, 02:27:56 am #1007 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 02:28:55 am by formerdeathcorps
Remind me to change the name of Baka to Fool.  There's no need to resort to Japanese when there's plenty of English synonyms.

This is somewhat of an inside joke, though it's also me running out of good offensive ideas, so I made Y U SO DERP-lite.  I apologize if this is a departure from my usual style (though it won't matter since 134 will rewrite the rules and I'll have to remake almost every team from scratch).

doriantoki

It seems like a perfectly kosher strategy; emphasize defense.  To be honest, there aren't many shades of it in other teams.  It was definitely something I had in mind when creating certain teams though, such as the Reflect Mail clad Oracles in my Vampire Hunters team.  I wanted that to be a defense against most black magic and status magic attacks.  But as you can see, Summon raped a hole right through that.  Also, I wanted my Thieves to be similarly indestructible in my Blade Runner team.  And like Losers, I found that you tend to rely on status infliction in such a situation, as regular attacks just won't do enough damage.

formerdeathcorps

November 05, 2011, 12:22:50 pm #1009 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:02:30 pm by formerdeathcorps
All right, I've gotten the rest of Round 3 up.

Round 4 Matches:

Vipers' Harem (Raven) STFU (fdc)
Even Worse (Celdia) Heresy (fdc)
Big Assault (Barren) Firewater (Pierce)
Get on Status! (Vigilanti) Ordo de Veras Vitae (fdc)
Faithless Cowards (Squidgy) Law and Order (Wiz)
Blanket (CT5Holy) Two Swords Proc Funsies (CT5Holy)
Team Sticks (Dol) Standstill (CT5Holy)
Holy Heretics (PX) S5 (fdc)
Y U SO DERP (Raven) Dark Secret Love (Squidgy)
Song and Dance (DomieV) My First Mime (Squidgy)
Playground Pioneers (Raven) Team Ladies (Dol)
Raiders (fdc) I KIN HURT YOU! (Vigilanti)
Vanilla (TrueLight) Facial Reconstruction (Mando)
Heroes (fdc) A TEam (fdc)
Holy Stones (CT5Holy) Diamonds and Guns (Celdia)
Vengeance (DomieV) Model Citizens (doriantoki)
Heartbreakers (Dol) Norm (Angelus)
DNAngel (TrueLight) Iron Will (CT5Holy)
Vampire Hunters (doriantoki) Superweapons (TrueLight)
Do Not Disturb (CT5Holy) Requisition (fdc)
Phantasy Star (Barren) B Team (fdc)
Break Arts (ETernal) Blood (fdc)
The Forgotten (TrueLight) Spirals of Dream (TrueLight)
Blitz (Eternal) Night Warriors (AeroGP)
Living Undead (Eternal) Gorgon (Eternal)
DD (Barren) First Strike (Malroth)
Rage on a Stick (CT5Holy) Rivals (fdc)
Samurai Zealots (Eternal) I AM SO DERP (Celdia)

Predictions?

Celdia

Quote from: PX_Timefordeath on November 06, 2011, 12:21:58 am
$5 that Eternal wins!

I would take that bet and somehow take your money, I'm sure.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

formerdeathcorps

Since most of us have changed our teams for 135, I will be discontinuing the Round Robin.

RavenOfRazgriz

BARREN Y U DO DIS.  HAS 4 TEAMS, U DO DIS PAIR INSTEAD.

Empty Panel Jump, weee.

4th slot NOGIAS is a much better Jumper, as I told you before.

Touch fuzzy, get Ninja'd for being a fucking heretic.

END is still a horrible map, by the by.  It might be cool if you had been fighting with two teams that had four units that fared okay on their own, but Celdia's team isn't one of them.  (DomieV's is, at least partially, so it was a foregone conclusion he was winning that the second it showed the formation.)

Watch the rest later.

TrueLight

Damn! That 658 damage Ice Brand hurt! The worst part about it was that the squire had bad compact with my lancer... Anyway, GG Angelus

Glad to see this team finally getting a victory. GG Barren.

DomieV

God damn that jumping Monk!!! 358 damage neutral compat, ouch! imagine if that was good or best compat! Well GG Barren, that was a fun match

Gotta say I was surprised I won the first match so swiftly especially since sometimes the AI doesn't always stand at the right position with ninjitsu especially when mimicking it. R2 was lolz, GG Celdia, I like your team a lot[/spoiler\

CT5Holy

Surprising comeback from Dol in round 1. Pretty fun match overall.

Those were some big damage Jumps from that Monk :o
And the Bio 3 redirect was quite funny.

I really should watch more of these. Especially since the new version's out.
By the by, I've updated my post in the team submissions thread.
Thanks again Barren, fdc, and anyone else who does videos!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Celdia

This is the kind of thing that happens when you don't test your teams at all. Oh well. It was a cute idea but I'm not sure I'm going to refine it any. Good match, DomieV.

And for the record, I like the set up on END. Its interesting.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0