• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:49:40 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Celdia

*falls over laughing at FDC's post* I demand more like this. XD
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Wiz

Quote from: doriantoki on October 25, 2011, 11:12:24 pm
lol at all the back and forth.  Funny how when the Death Sentence units are ignored, the match finally changes direction.  Derp actually put a good fight, but I figured Angel would take it ... Why the pause to check the Priest's weapon power???

I thought there was a bug with the Staff for a moment. Turns out it only has 2 WP compared to the Wizard Rod, which has 8 and the same bonus of +2 MA. I recommend it gets boosted if I do say so myself.

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on October 26, 2011, 12:31:26 am
Match 24 should be I Hate Zalmo vs. Song and Dance and Punch.

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out.

Round 2 Match 26 Eternal248 (Break Arts) vs TrueLight (Vanilla) Arena 1339

Round 2 Match 27 Eternal248 (Gorgon Gaze) vs Squidgy (Dark Secret Love) Arena 1339

Round 2 Match 28 Eternal248 (Samurai Zealots) vs AeroGP (Night Warriors) Arena 1339

And that'll be it from me for a while. If someone could point out the the win/loss ratio on a round-by-round basis for fdc so he can set up the third series of matches of his tourney, that would be great. \o
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

formerdeathcorps

October 27, 2011, 04:35:02 am #982 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:35:19 pm by formerdeathcorps
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

formerdeathcorps

October 27, 2011, 04:39:16 am #983 Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:27:49 pm by formerdeathcorps

Even Worse 1 - Facial Makeover 2
Ordo 2 - 1st Mime 0
Raiders 1 - Big Assault 2
Blanket 1 - Norm 2
A Team 2 - DNAngel 0
Y U SO DERP 2 - Night Warriors 0
Vamp Hunters 0 - Playground Pioneers 2
Deep Dungeon 0 - Team Ladies 2
Blood 2 - Heroes 1
Vanilla 2 - Blitz 0
Rivals 0 - Do Not Disturb 2
Samurai Zealots 2 - Living Undead 0

As for the other matches, I don't think I can predict beforehand.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

doriantoki

Thanks Barren for the matches, fun fun  :mrgreen:

lol I apologize for that first match!  No idea the AI would treat blade runners like they were made of glass.  Still fun to see how the team acts though.

B Team just mounted a really solid offence there, you could see that first round how they were pushing forward with no problems.

Elemental rape, not much to say ...

Item spam arpe.

Celdia

"Come on, dumb luck! I'll take luck over skill any day. Especially on a Thursday. I never got the hang of Thursdays..."
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Angelus

looks like i need to redo my team, got to make some necessary tweaks, GG fdc. Good solid offensive synergy from your team mate.

doriantoki

Those Ninjas REALLY wanted to break that weapon that first round, lol.  Weird, that dual cutter second attack proc missed!  I didn't know it could ... Two Sword has better sandbag, overall.

RavenOfRazgriz

(Gotta watch the first 5-6 or so later, went bottom-top this time when I was viewing.)

I don't feel bad about getting 3 HP Restores in a row the third game, considering FDC landed every single possible Auto Potion in the second one, which lead to his Paladins being as hardy as they were that game.  The runaround my last Paladin gave him that second one was fairly comedic, though.

Celdia's bribing the RNG.

Pokemon... Puzzle League... <NostalgiaGoggles>

Those Samurai couldn't get in range to be useful on those last two maps.  The choke point was too clogged g2 and g3 CT5Holy just snuck up and got to FDC first with his Ninj0rz.

THE LAW told them to SHUT THE FUCK UP, I think.  The second game showed what happens when those two Mediators can't gangrape that Ninja before it can melee, but alas.

We heard you like statues so we put statues with your statues.  Also sticks.

That third game was decided by that Archer's first turn.  If he hadn't forced the Bards to be in a raise-loop all game TrueLight would've lost, I'm pretty sure.  That's why forcing raise-loops is so good, though.

Go Kotetsu.  Woo.

That chimpmunk music.  Ohdear.  Looks like C Team didn't C the Gorgon Gaze and just kind of stabbed it to death.

Those Samurai brought on the hurt once they got in range.  That last map especially ended up encouraging a nice clump for Chirijiraden to go 'sup into.

doriantoki

I still think it's a shame those Bards aren't used as offensive units, especially with their crazy damage output.  Second round, that night should've attacked, instead of using Iron Will.  Would've given way more HP, and allowed him to continue the offensive.  Oh well, that's the AI for you!  Still won that one, though.  My money was on Blood, regardless of the outcome.

This seemed like a no-contest in favor of Secret Love.  Although that mime was impressively in-sync with the team.  It was all for naught, however.

Grand Cross arpe.  Cover fire not reliable that first round, a little better the second.

Long range magic arpe first round.  That scholar outside acting like a target doesn't really do much :o.  First round pretty much same as first.

DomieV

looks like my lack my resurrection capabilities finally did me in. GG fdc, another fun match in the record books

Wiz

Damn, I wanted to see that 910 Damage Flare :(

As said on YT, sniping with holy ftw due to 18 MA + Strengthen: Holy from the Golden Hairpin :) It's somewhat unfortunate BladWolf wasn't able to get her Ramza/Knight-esque sprite completely done <_<

Barren

I know Wiz Me too >_< if it were to go off, that would have been the most epic overkill EVER!!!!!
You dare cross blades with me?

MysticKnightFF5

910 damage Holy*
My mage doesn't have flare.
Also, the team name is actually "Team Rellia! Lets face it, its all about her".
Finally, damn, first fight was a loss. Still, Raven was the one who helped me design my team, so I should've seen that coming. haha XD

doriantoki

Interesting match.  Those petrifies and ninjas on Wiz's team are very strong.  Three time mages ... I'm not 100% convinced on that, but that's just me.

Interesting match.  First round, lots of back and forth attributed to map size, charm, healing and raising.  Consistent damage with no ZOMG heavy hitters.  The lancer would have probably turned the tide, which means it's more in Vengeance's favor.  And that was confirmed second match, with lancer being available, and smaller map size.  Another big map third round, and again, lots of back and forth (maybe just a coincidence ...).  Lancer rape in Status' favor, again.

Mine isn't a particularly strong team (well, it can deal damage, but sucks everywhere else, and the damage is concentrated).  Doesn't have any reliable AOE or ressurection.  May retire it.  Just wanted to see how a team based on pure ninjitsu would perform.  Have my answer, lol.

Better sandbagging on VooDoo first match.  RNG was just mean to Hobbes second match :(  Haven't you been praying to the RNG gods Dol?

Summon arpe at first.  Wow, staying power on Holy heretics.  But good choice on the reraised mages with raise 2.  Unfortunate that fairy missed twice, that's where the momentum started to shift towards heretic's favor.  Second match more in the manner I expected from Chew, in close quarters (ie:  Summon arpe!) with flat floor.  Third match, I agree, the mime got into position too soon.  Those reraises on the time mage and oracle, again, a life saver, pun intended.

Wiz

October 31, 2011, 03:13:22 am #998 Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:40:35 am by Wiz
Lucky me in R1 w/ those two Silence Procs Missing. Same with that Climhazzard proc not going after Dol's Ninja got resurrected. No matter, those Petrifies still proved to be too much for the TM's to deal with due to echo grass. Surprised that 92% (read as 100% due to TM charging) petrify missed. Oh well, guess I deserved that one after dodging silence twice in a row. Good thing that lancer jumped in R2 when the two stacked Demi 2's were casted on him to avoid the damage ^_^

Damn, lots of back and forth up until that Charm proc landing in R3 occured for Vigilanti. Impressive feat between these two!

Nice come back in R2 from Barren there. Then again, once Innocent ran out, the damage output from those monks went down significantly.

Even with an outdated team, Malroth still managed a 2-0 victory despite R2 being somewhat close until those DS procs from Muramasa landed ^^

Btw Barren, Hobbes is pronounced like "Jobs", but with an "H" sound instead of a "J" one :P

^, I believe that's a reference to the creatures you find in Fable >_>

Chew on This had their MP run dry in R1 + the map itself had a divide in it preventing a full-fledge offense like in R2. Mime facing the wrong way also contributed to Trulight's first loss which he could've won had the AI acted intelligent. Even so, PX having Reraise on his Raise 2 Casters was a very good idea.

fdc (Heresy) vs Wiz (Law & Order) Prediction - I think my team will have its first official loss since those monks can snipe just as well and they're faster with Haste. They have Cachusha preventing me from using Kiku and forcing me to rely on Chiri Spam to obtain victory. If I can hold of long enough until the innocents wear off maybe I'll have a chance at coming back. We'll see.

doriantoki

October 31, 2011, 04:51:10 pm #999 Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:52:17 pm by doriantoki
Did youtube compress the hell out of this video or what happened o_O  Well anyway, fire 2 rape that first round.  Close quarters a little too claustrophobic for Heretics.  I see a berserked gun wielder backfire a lot, and it happened again here too, lol.  Those raise 2 bots put right to work!  My first guess that third round, it's Viper's to take, again, based on ninja moving into place to get the first attack, and the flat ground, perfect for fire 2 rape.  Annnnd I was right lol ... fire 2 was the star here, wow.

Without access to that second mediator that first round, no way hose.  Second round, nice call on the blackmail on that charmed chemist.  AI acted pretty smart this round (mad science on a dead unit).  Except for using murasame, and then moving forward, that was dumb.  Large map, more room for mediators to muck around.  Sleep landing ending the never-ending cycle of raise-killing.  Third round, ninja taking out oracle, end of raise-killing, again, woot!  Good matches.