• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:50:46 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Wolfran's Sprites: Testing some stuffs

Started by Wolfran, March 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm

shishi-sensou

i like ur sprites ,the wolf is one of my favorite animals ^^

RavenOfRazgriz

Wow, that wolf's coming along nice from the last time I remember looking at it.  Can't wait for it to be done, more usable monsters are always good and I'd love to use him if you don't mind.

I actually like the V1 howl better, but I like Cheetah's idea of using both to give the howling some animation if you can.

Kagebunji

This will help you or sure, perfect reference coming!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Holy crap. Great find, Kage. While we're at it, we should just tweak this thing's shading and get into FFT as well.

Kagebunji

Haha, it is too big. It is a Fenrir from Phantom Brave, Werewolf comes from there as well. You would have to cut the tail AND find something more to erase/make smaller. I tried many of Phantom Brave sprites in FFT.

shishi-sensou

Wolfran

The reference helps a lot, Kage. Thanks ^^. I think I saw it before like a werewolf attempt.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kill_Bones

Damn. If only that sprite fit in the size specifications, it looks like it came from FFT!

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Wolfran

Just resize it. I was testing some of those sprites and you just need to change them to 80% (or less) of the original size and fix some details and... Voila!!! You have a good quality monster in an hour or less. But the portrait should be the fun part because most of FFT monsters aren't a good base and you'll have a lot of work if you want it.

Kagebunji

Resizing it will mess up a lot of pixels, and it will require a lot of fixing. I personally like to just erase some part of body so it fits(for example, on forward views I erased Werewolf's tail), that way it is way better quality. There are more games in wich characters look similiar to those from FFT, go to Spriters Resource site and search for yourself.

Wolfran

Guys, I missed you a lot this fucking week. My net doesn't work so you will rarely see me around but I'll post my work everytime I can.
The Gria portrait is already done and the sprite will be a flying unit as Llyud and I have 3 frames done.

Kagebunji

It may look strange at first glance, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. Post the Gria too!

Wolfran

March 09, 2011, 09:40:35 pm #212 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:42:26 pm by Wolfran
I'm back!! and I have some presents.
The portrait works well and the sprite, here it is what I've done so far.

Lijj

I really like this sprite Wolfran, keep it up!
  • Modding version: PSX

Pride

Woah looking good! I don't like the port much but the sprite is looking great so far.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Cheetah

These unnatural colors on FFT sprites just kill my brain cells, though I know you are just following the character design. Portrait needs a fair bit of work, and the contrast is a little funning in the sprite in that it looks rather pixelated (don't judge the word).
Current Projects:

Lijj

I knew someone was going to say that about the colors! I don't know why I didn't actually (just exited to see another winged one I guess) but Cheetah is right about the contrast.  Really, what looks odd, is the 2nd line in the hair in the front it looks like dithering. I really like the horns in the sprite though. Use a purple and pink from some time mages perhaps.
Now I agree with Pride about that portrait(I didn't say I liked that)... looks like you have the right shapes but the shading and colors are off. The eyes look faded.

RavenOfRazgriz

The portrait almost looks like it's made out of frosting.

...Which makes me want some goddamn cake.

It really needs some better colors by far.  I can also see what Cheetah means by pixelated on the first two frames, especially on the hair in the first one.

It's definitely not a bad start though, the sprite really only needs minor correction the fix the bits that look pixelated and the portrait mostly needs color adjustment... and possibly a different face, that face+hair combination looks very strange to me for some reason.

Kagebunji

Cool and all, but Gria were just shorter humans with wings, so I dunno if instant fly animation is ok. To me she looks flat, especially hair and wings, am I the only one? Also fix the eye, very bright pink is not working. IMO horns are a bit too thin, but they look ok. The portrait is off, but everyone pointed what needs to be fixed already.

Wolfran

April 15, 2011, 11:13:23 am #219 Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:40:40 pm by Wolfran
Well, I'm not having much time since college started. This week I sprited a little because we have some free time in the afternoons thanks to the "Freshmen's week" and I only had 2 class in the morning, unfortunable at 8 AM XD, anyway I was testing with a Yuffie sprite from Dirge of Cerberus that I found in the forum and trying to change it to FF7's style, also I did a mask to a new DK (many ppl don't like the Wotl version or even Jon's) and it looks pretty well so far. And finally about Gria I'm not in the mood to do a new portrait but those details in the sprite maybe I'll fix on this weekend.