• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:30 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena: Discussion Thread (12/29/09)

Started by PX_Timefordeath, December 30, 2009, 02:34:50 am

Aquilae

My ideas for Knightswords (all are forced 2-hands)-

Excalibur - 10 WP, Strengthen: Holy, Initial: Regen, Reraise (Used on Support Knights, the Reraise might be a bit too strong though)
Save The Queen - 14 WP, Always: Protect, Speed - 2
Ragnarok - 14 WP, Always: Shell, Speed - 2
Chaos Blade - 20 WP, Always: Zombie, Poison, Initial: Confuse
:gay:

fftrdx

Aren't undead immune to poison?

SilvasRuin

Is that supposed to be minus speed?  That can't be done.  Equipment can only add stats.
The Chaos Blade seems a bit too counterproductive.  The person using it would have to be relying on a great deal of lucky revivals, and those take so long anyways that the fight could very well be over before it gets the chance to revive.  Realistically, it would only get ten turns at most, and a number of its early turns would be wasted.

Dome

Chaos Blade - 20 WP, Always: Zombie

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

TheKillerNacho

So is anyone working on this? Or is this simply a brainstorming thread?

SilvasRuin

Somebody will make it eventually, when we have some solid agreements on what to do about it, but I don't think anyone has stepped up to the plate yet.  It is clearly something a majority of the community wants to see done.

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

SilvasRuin

My mistake.  I looked back at the first few posts to check and didn't see any indication that someone planned to be the one to do so.

Asmo X

You guys don't have to include every single item. This patch would be far better with less of everything. Also, don't just tack on random shit. Always Zombie might be an interesting idea for an item, but put in a simple balancing feature and move along. You don't need mountains of effects. That will only piss in the balance pool. Keep it simple.

Dome

Btw, if the minus speed on an item is impossible, it could have Always: Slow
Knight swords are heavy, it's not so strange after all

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

D-roo the Destroyer

Quote from: "Dome"Btw, if the minus speed on an item is impossible, it could have Always: Slow
Knight swords are heavy, it's not so strange after all

I like this idea. I think that if you add in the knight swords without any negative buffs it would be way to overpowered. Maybe reduce the overall WP as well so that equipping them doesnt always make it worth it. I would also keep them forced 2-hand like in 1.3 but thats just me.

TheKillerNacho

Well, I'm really looking forward to this patch then!

PX_Timefordeath

I like some of these suggestions. I'll try to get up a test fftpatcher file by February 7th. Updates will be on the first post.

TheKillerNacho

Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"I like some of these suggestions. I'll try to get up a test fftpatcher file by February 7th. Updates will be on the first post.

Cool, I can't wait!

Would we have to use FFTastic to create teams or will you be doing some ASM editing so that soldier office randoms start at Level 35? I'm really looking forward to this patch!

PX_Timefordeath

FFTPacther file up there now with current change log. Name changes haven't occurred yet, so refer back here.

Dokurider

QuoteHunting Bow becomes hand crossbow, 8 WP, 2 swords, allow ninjas to equip crossbow (whether or not the keep their innate 2 swords).
Gastrafitis: Range 5 WP 16, decent weapon evasion, 2 hands (the most powerful crossbow, unusually big gives a huge reaction)

Ranged weapons aren't given Two Swords because it gets glitchy, however, I really like the idea of making Gastrafitis Two-Hand-able (no forced Two Hands + High WP, that just too cheap). 7 WP, maybe 8 WP. However, I'm not sure if Two Hands is still banned or not.

Shields

I'll leave what the evasion baseline should be alone for now and just get to the suggestions/inconplete concepts.

Safety Shield, Always: Defend
Timeless Shield, Cancel: Slow, Stop, Haste, Don't Move, Float
Reverse Shield, Absorb: All Elements, Always: Zombie
Rubber Shield, Cancel: Lightning, Half: ????, Weak: ????
Soul Buckler, Cancel: Dead, Petrify, Dark
Shield of Apathy, Cancel:Charm, Berserk, Always: Silence
Cursed Shield, Always: Poison, Cancel: Sleep
Crystal Shield, Cancel: Confuse
Genji Shield, +1 PA, +1 MA, Initial: Dead

Zaen

...Wouldn't Absorb + Undead = Taking damage? If not, then I'm stupid and it's only healing items and cures, etc.

Initial dead sounds like too much of a negative. Other than that, it sounds awesome.

Also, if there's no innate Two Swords, and classes that can use melee weapons can't use ranged weapons, you could do two swords on a weapon type. Like crossbows. If only archer can use bows, then they can have a crossbow with 2 Hands that's weaker than the rest with no positive effects, nor negative so it balances out. Gastrafitis could be that said crossbow. I don't think anything other than Squire and Archer use crossbows, and Squire can just be reworked so that's not the case.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

SilvasRuin

Equipping a ranged weapon in the first hand and then a non-ranged weapon in the second hand makes both weapons attack at the first one's range.  Allowing a unit to have a combination of Two Hands, ranged weapons, and melee weapons all at the same time is a very bad idea.

Unless I'm mistaken about the effects it has, but I really doubt I am.

Dokurider

Quote from: "Zaen"...Wouldn't Absorb + Undead = Taking damage? If not, then I'm stupid and it's only healing items and cures, etc.
Nope, undead only effects straight up healing. Otherwise Undead monsters wouldn't be healed by Dark element.

QuoteInitial dead sounds like too much of a negative. Other than that, it sounds awesome.
This are just starting points. They should to be expanded upon. You are right, though, but, what would make initial: Dead worth it?

QuoteAlso, if there's no innate Two Swords, and classes that can use melee weapons can't use ranged weapons, you could do two swords on a weapon type. Like crossbows. If only archer can use bows, then they can have a crossbow with 2 Hands that's weaker than the rest with no positive effects, nor negative so it balances out. Gastrafitis could be that said crossbow. I don't think anything other than Squire and Archer use crossbows, and Squire can just be reworked so that's not the case.

True, but simply make Gastrafitis Two Hands instead of Two Swords is a lot less intrusive then having to modify the Squire.

QuoteEquipping a ranged weapon in the first hand and then a non-ranged weapon in the second hand makes both weapons attack at the first one's range. Allowing a unit to have a combination of Two Hands, ranged weapons, and melee weapons all at the same time is a very bad idea.

Unless I'm mistaken about the effects it has, but I really doubt I am.
Yep, you got it.

Dokurider

Looking over the patch, I see:

1. Was Pray/Doubt Faith supposed to be INSTANT, as in 0 CT or just 1 CT?

2. Cure 4 still has AoE of 3.

3. What does removing random flags do to Nameless Song?

4. I did some tests with Diamond Sword and Diamond Swords 1-3 hits just aren't happening.