• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:34:55 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Tired of lolpatch

Started by Bastard Poetry, February 13, 2009, 01:21:57 pm

Quitcha Bitchin?

Yeah.. We're going overboard with this lolpatch war.
17 (44.7%)
Fuck you, Bastard.
4 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: February 13, 2009, 01:21:57 pm

Bastard Poetry

February 14, 2009, 01:52:12 am #120 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Asmo, I'm sorry. I don't know you that well, and I shouldn't have judged you or spoken for you in a theoretical sense. When I spoke of your ability to deliver blunt honesty, I should have emphasized the fact that I do, actually, respect that about you. It's the same reason I respect Pieke on the GF board. I used your overall demeanor to illustrate my points, and I really should have picked someone I truly know better.

As for this mess.. I think my original intention with this topic has been met and dealt with admirably by Zodiac, and now deeper issues have surfaced. This is what I see:

This once was a community built on respect, understanding and ideas.

Now, those of us holding on to those ideals are being called carebears and pussies.

We made the mistake of holding on to the idea that maybe, just once, we could have one place on the internet that didn't have elitist hierarchy and rules (Gamefaqs) or sheer, mind-numbing hate (for the lulz), or drama in general. This was the place for intellectuals to discuss hacking their favorite game.

But it's becoming the worst of everything, and those of us who see that, are repulsed by it and attempt to do something about it are being treated with the attitude: "Relax, not everything is so serious business" at best, or just outright called pussies, at worst.

I hate what this place has become.

I'm bowing out now. I'm done trying to make this the better place I thought it could be.

I'll post again when I have Part II of the Chronicles finished.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

HatterMadigan

February 14, 2009, 01:54:17 am #121 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Finally. It's over.

LastingDawn

February 14, 2009, 01:58:09 am #122 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Indeed BastardPoetry, that was the main reason I joined here. There was only one leader who made the decisions, there were no arguments, no true fights of any meaning. I would have to say if I weren't so deeply embroiled in Mercenaries, I would probably leave as well. Well best of luck to you BastardPoetry, if you need any help I'll be here for a while more.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

tithin

February 14, 2009, 01:58:41 am #123 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
17:57  @Zodiac          ò Dominic won
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

LastingDawn

February 14, 2009, 02:00:05 am #124 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, this ended quickly. In actuality I was frightened of inaction causing this to devolve. That should quell the situation for a much longer time.

Art of War

tithin

February 14, 2009, 02:05:54 am #125 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Well, this ended quickly. In actuality I was frightened of inaction causing this to devolve. That should quell the situation for a much longer time.

Quell, but probably not resolve.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

Bastard Poetry

February 14, 2009, 02:07:25 am #126 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I should clarify:

I'm not leaving. I'll still lurk, as I always have, and I'll still work on my project and keep in touch with my friends here.

And I do still consider Voldemort a friend.

I'm just saying I'm finished with the bullshit.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Asmo X

February 14, 2009, 02:07:38 am #127 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I don't see how it isn't resolved. Voldemort said he wouldn't blow up if Dominic won and I think he'll keep his word

LastingDawn

February 14, 2009, 02:08:48 am #128 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Asmo X"I don't see how it isn't resolved. Voldemort said he wouldn't blow up if Dominic won and I think he'll keep his word

Then conflict 100% resolved! Well, this has been a rather eventful Friday the 13th (which I blame for all the unpleasentness in the forum at this time)

Art of War

Xifanie

February 14, 2009, 02:13:31 am #129 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
While all of you were actually bashing yourselves, I took the time to determine which one was the best candidate: I thought about it a lot, made a questionnaire, had both of them answer it and came to a conclusion.

And to be honest, I'm quite ashamed of most of you and mostly Voldemort; you pushed way too much on the hate wave.

I didn't read the 5 last pages of this topic until I finally decided who would be the mod. Then all I can see before my eyes is bashing, flaming and trolling.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Asmo X

February 14, 2009, 02:14:12 am #130 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
A lolpatch was originally just a patch where generics could use swordskill. I just thought I'd wait til now to mention that.

Asmo X

February 14, 2009, 02:15:04 am #131 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Also, I didn't really answer the questionnaire. I just sent Zodiac a giant corn picture.

LastingDawn

February 14, 2009, 02:22:10 am #132 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Zodiac"While all of you were actually bashing yourselves, I took the time to determine which one was the best candidate: I thought about it a lot, made a questionnaire, had both of them answer it and came to a conclusion.

And to be honest, I'm quite ashamed of most of you and mostly Voldemort; you pushed way too much on the hate wave.

I didn't read the 5 last pages of this topic until I finally decided who would be the mod. Then all I can see before my eyes is bashing, flaming and trolling.

This... is why you're the leader, heh... good choice, a questionnaire is a good way to test someone (well duh?)

Art of War

Archael

February 14, 2009, 02:29:08 am #133 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:19:12 am by Archael
Quote from: "bastardpoetry"We made the mistake of holding on to the idea that maybe, just once, we could have one place on the internet that didn't have elitist hierarchy and rules (Gamefaqs) or sheer, mind-numbing hate (for the lulz), or drama in general. This was the place for intellectuals to discuss hacking their favorite game.

But it's becoming the worst of everything, and those of us who see that, are repulsed by it and attempt to do something about it are being treated with the attitude: "Relax, not everything is so serious business" at best, or just outright called pussies, at worst.

I hate what this place has become.

I'm bowing out now. I'm done trying to make this the better place I thought it could be.

what the fuck... I think you are over-reacting

Dominic will do a good job of destroying lolpatch, I'm sure

so things will improve

Asmo X

February 14, 2009, 02:32:02 am #134 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I only flame dumbshits. From my point of view, I'm helping the community

Dominic NY18

February 14, 2009, 04:51:00 am #135 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
This has been a very interesting read.

You guys are done here, right?