• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTac Text Editor Open.LZW error

Started by cowcow96, May 25, 2013, 10:29:00 am

cowcow96

Hello again, I know to fix this error I have to delete this japanese written text and I did it but i still get this error when i add or change text in all sections. What I have to do or do I have to much text in all sections?

Jumza

This is what I do for this problem,

When you can't patch an ISO with your FFTacText due to an Open.LZW error you first, save the tactext file into a folder of some sort. Then close FFTacText, open it back up again, open the file you saved and try patching again. That's what works for me, hope it works for you.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

messiahgov

Normally, you won't have to delete ANY Kanji. Not in OPEN.LZW or anywhere else. Only if you have added really much more text (much more than vanilla), it could be a problem.

OPEN.LZW has "Unit names" and "Birthday entry" (plus 2x sound stuff with Japanese text, which are not used at all), even if you want, I think you can't add too much text here. As an example, I translated the "Unit names" and "Birthday entry" to German. The names stay at vanilla most of the time (just have used the PSP version names), because they are names. ^^ But in German, the birthday stuff is longer (most sentences are longer in German) than in English. Basically all text is longer in my translation and I never had to delete ANY Japanese text or anything else, thanks to DTE. I think you won't have to delete the Japanese text. And btw, at the end, maybe that is your problem, you have deleted the Japanese stuff. ^^

If you want to save some space, delete ALL "No messages." lines from "Ability quotes" (also known as "Spell quotes"). You save about ~6000 Bytes.