• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:58 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 3 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 28, 2014, 04:08:02 pm

silentkaster

August 03, 2014, 01:24:44 pm #60 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:30:46 pm by silentkaster
Yes, I pretty much like all the Mega Man series music, including the MML soundtracks as well (though they can get a bit tedious, especially the city music when you spend so much time there).

Otabo and I have an unofficial (at least in my opinion) rivalry since we create teams that focus primarily on status. But my oversight was making two offensive units with projectiles and the others have status. His undead thief has projectile guard, so my units might focus on him. On the positive note though if they don't, I might get lucky if all his other units go down first...but that's a long shot. But it could happen, since my blaze gunner may not focus on an innocence thief (and if nameless dance or hawk's eye inflicts oil, his elemental immunities won't matter either).

But again, that's all skepticism. He's favored this time, in my opinion.

(Edit: It'd be nice to have a rivalry match with Otabo sometime, even if it's after the tournament :D)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Reks

There's also the music from Xenoblade Chronicles. Some of the best battle themes I've heard in a while.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

Zotis, I just want to know if you will still be able to do me vs truelight that is coming up soon. If not then want me to see if CT5Holy will be around to do the match?
You dare cross blades with me?

Fenire

As the time of my first match quickly approaches I find myself near death with anticipation. I have only one song request for my match at the moment, Boss theme from Dragon Warrior 3 NES.
While I appreciate Dokurider's time and effort in regards to his predictions of the match up. I can not help but feel that something is missing without one from Malroth. So Malroth if you read this before my match please do a break down and prediction. I always find you perspective enlightening and in-depth.
It is unfortunate that you missed the blindness immunity on your Grand Cross Paladin, but I wish you luck in our match. I cant help but hope it goes to a round 3 decision for no other reason than to prolong the suspense.

On the other hand... I don't want a ticket to the doom train just yet.

Before anyone says anything about my choice to not give my squire Phoenix down , and instead rely on wish for revive, it is so he stays in the frey as opposed to running as far away as possible and throw in his revive. Just had a feeling some might find that an odd choice.

Anima Zero

Well damn, I won, heh.  My team did pretty well considering my Paladin wasn't nearly as effective due to forgetting about blind protection for Grand Cross.  That win was 2/3rds in thanks to my Monk & Samurai being pretty good at the damage dealing (And some lucky charm procs).

A damn good match there Fenire.  Here's hoping an equally good match occurs with my next opponent!
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

reinoe

:welcome:
White Knight Wiegraf was robbed in the most painful way possible during round one.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good (but CT5HOLY is also good).  Wow.  Even though this match was 2-0, it was still absolutely fantastic.  I feel for ya White Knight!  Good luck in the 2nd chance bracket.
My dreams can come true!

Otabo

Revive on an undead unit...bag melees on a HP Restore unit. I hope to all that is holy that Mallory isn't going to act so dumb during future matches.

CT5Holy

hoooooooooooly shit R1 how what why my goodness i am so lucky. jeez.

That said, Wiegraf, you have my complete support as the one person using a Mime in this tournament. Best of luck in the loser's bracket!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

silentkaster

Ugh, honestly I wish I didn't win the 1st round. I knew he was favored and winning round 1 gave me hope. Oh well.

Anyway, he got me down pretty hard, though Round 2 was pretty back and forth...that double charm in Round 3 sealed any chance I had of winning. Oh well, maybe I'll do better in the Loser's Bracket. Good luck Otabo!

BTW, Barren...this match is not viewable on mobile devices.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

skiploom188

CT5Holy, you now have the right to give everyone Doom Train Tickets. Cuz that reversal was BEAUTIFUL! If I was White Knight Wiegraf I'm not sure how I will ever recover from that loss. Epic Battle sir.
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

The Damned

(I'm...not sure where this music discussion came from, but I can't help but feel I am at least partly to blame. That said, if we're offering up music suggstions, then it's pretty obvious that I have a ton of stuff you could use given the videos I currently can't post anymore of. It would be better to PM you rather than suggest anything in thread at present though, especially given this post is going to get long enough as it is.)

That said, it would seem that I should do that soon since you're getting these out rather quickly, especially with not waiting for Zotis; well, him or CT5Holy--whoever actually records your match(es).

Similarly, I should thank you again right now for quickly fixing the error on my Thief with regards to Chronos Tear. Always good to know I'm slightly less insane and/or incompetent than I think, though now it's kind of nagging me that I didn't give Master Whisky an FS Bag; I literally forgot that males could equip Bags in ARENA. Shows how long I've been away....

(Eternal)
Team: A Reverie Reborn
Palettes: Blue/Red

================================

Marche
Male
Serpentarius
Squire
Steal
Dragon Spirit
Two Swords
Warpath
Gold Staff
Moonlight
Thief Hat
Black Costume
Rubber Shoes

Quickening

Montblanc
Male
Serpentarius
Wizard
Time Magic
Damage Split
Magic Attack UP
Pilgrimage
Wizard Rod

Holy Miter
Black Robe
Chantage

Fire, Bolt, Ice, Water, Poison
Sinkhole

Shara
Female
Serpentarius
Archer
Item
Speed Save
Concentrate
Teleport
Ultimus Bow

Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
Diamond Armlet

Cover Fire
X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Ritz
Female
Serpentarius
Priest
Lore
Auto Potion
Equip Light Blade
Move-MP Up
Shieldrender

Golden Hairpin
White Robe
Defense Ring

Cure 3, Raise 2, Esuna
Bio, Bio 2, Bio 3

vs.

(TristanBeoulve)
Team: Season 3
Palettes: Blue/White

Tristan
Male
Pisces
Paladin
Punch Art
PA Save
Two Swords
Move-HP Up
Platinum Sword
Moonlight
Grand Helmet
Maximillian
Diamond Armlet

Nurse, Iron Will, Reraise
Spin Fist, Earth Slash, Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Revive

Ziggy
Male
Sagittarius
Ninja
Draw Out
Counter
Attack UP
Fly
Hidden Knife
Ninja Knife
Thief Hat
Secret Clothes
Germinas Boots

Tsuzumasuku, Kagesougi
Masamune

UlfricStormcloak
Male
Scorpio
Bard
Item
MA Save
Throw Item
Float
Bloody Strings

Black Hood
Rubber Costume
Reflect Ring

Cheer Song, Battle Song, Nameless Song
Ether, Hi-Ether

Alice
Female
Sagittarius
Chemist
White Magic
Damage Split
Half of MP
Move-MP Up
Blaze Gun

Golden Hairpin
Earth Clothes
Cherche

Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down
Cure, Cure 2, Cure 3, Cure 4, Raise, Raise 2, Regen, Protect, Protect 2, Shell, Shell 2, Wall, Esuna, Dia, Holy

This was...arguably the weirdest match-up of the tournament thus far. Even the gaffes with DARKANGELUXZ--PAIN--and his team make at least slightly more sense than both of these teams collectively.

On Eternal's team, Marche basically has no skills and is going out of his way to use an unusual Two Swords set-up that a Paladin with Chaos Blade & Concentrate would arguably largely accomplish better. Next, a male Wizard who is apparently just male for theme's sake, which I can respect, since he neither has Zodiac compatibility nor Steal nor Sing. Then, Shara has similar gender weirdness, though it's again to fit the theme. And I'm not really sure why Ritz has Shieldrender of all things. Gender doesn't really explain (or excuse) that and arguably literally any sword would be better on a Priest, even Lionheart. I'm a bit surprised that Eternal didn't go with Ultima Blade if he was giving her Equip Light Blade given all the Ultima [Whatever] skills in Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance and that actually potentially rewarding having high MA.

On TristanBeoulve's team, Tristan's actually a really competent unit and the most competent unit on TristanBeoluve's team. His only problems are the unnecessarily high Faith, even with Moonlight & White Magic support, and lacking Chakra, again even with Moonlight; Chakra is more for Paladin's extremely low MP and how expensive Reraise is. Ziggy's basically suicidal and has a skill that doesn't actually work, though he arguably doesn't really need it; we should probably put a nigh-impossible-to-miss notice somewhere that Tsumazuku and a couple of other skills basically don't work in the current version of ARENA--I thought we already did though. Regardless, despite having "too few" skills like Eternal's Squire, he just needed to play guitar an Initial: Reraise accessory and arguably any secondary that wasn't Draw Out if TristanBeoulve wasn't going to use Haste or Haste 2 from Time Magic or Yell from Basic Skill. It's asking too much of such a suicidal unit to be pseudo-support one as well, at least via self-buffs he has to actively use. Probably should have just given him the entirety of Item and changed the Chemist into a straight out Priest with Time Magic or something and given the Bard Draw Out or something instead.

Meanwhile, both his other units suffer from having too many skills, though the Bard is worse off than the Chemist despite having far few skills. This is because of the Song overlap that it's really easy for new(er) people to miss, which I'll elaborate on now.

While Song is currently (way) better than Dance, you can still only really get away with using three Songs maximum since the A.I. doesn't really keep track of stats or what stats it "should" be boosting unfortunately; in the case of Dance, specifically Polka Polka and Disillusion, it's even worse due to it not keeping track of debuffing stats the other team, not you, at least initially controls; Slow Dance is pretty impossible for the A.I. to screw up though. Additionally, Nameless Song, unfortunately much like basically every self-buff skill that doesn't add Haste still currently, won't be used until someone has at least sustained damage on the Bard's team. So, it overlaps with Life Song.

As such, Song has three classes of "overlap":

1. Life Song & Nameless Song - Together in the first prioritized of "oh gods, someone needs healing! Please don't die before this song is over--I'm not a Chemist or Short Charge mage!". As such, these will only be used in reaction to HP loss.

2. Angel Song - A class of its own. This will only be used if someone on the Bard's team needs MP. As such, this will only be used in reaction to MP loss and if no one is bleeding HP too horribly.

3. Battle Song, Magic Song, Cheer Song & Last Song - Basically everything else is in its own "last" class, though it's also the only class of Song that gets used proactively by the A.I. The "catch" is that, again, the A.I. will switch around a lot and seemingly at random if you have more than one these on a unit even if no one else needs healing of HP or of MP.

The third class of things is basically part of why Eternal won this since TristanBeoulve's Bard just dicked around a lot and did nothing but switch up Songs. He did this even when it did nothing but make him a sitting duck and got him killed, repeatedly, like it did in round three. Sure, Nameless Song actually helped in round two, but only because he got rather lucky with the statuses it gave out, namely Re-raise and Reflect. That said, it's nice to see someone at least try to use Nameless Song since it's normally forsaken for Life Song; even I'm not trying to use Nameless Song given my luck tends to be horrible enough as it is.

Barren already pointed out the flaws with the Chemist-Priest in the video, so I'll just say that Tristan may have actually won even with his current troubles if his Paladin had just been slightly smarter and more proactive in attacking. Despite having the superior Moonlight set-up, Tristan the Paladin was just too focused on healing himself, which is ironically part of the reason why I think it would have been better to go with Chakra over Nurse if he was going to use Punch Art at all. Shrug.

Finally, for all the flack I seem to be giving Eternal's team--well, both teams--during this, I'll also admit that Mont(e)blanc's damage really surprised me for some reason. I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised given he's all the damage-oriented set-up he still has put into him. It's just weird to see a male Wizard being used at all I guess, especially when a Bard, a female Wizard and either sex of Scholar would be doing more damage still, what with Scholar still having Wizard+ stats.

Still, I can't absolutely hate on a theme team that at least tries to be different, especially one that uses the hideously neglected Gold Staff. As such, I'm glad that Eternal is moving in the Winner's Bracket.

P.S. For those also not in the know yet, Dance basically has four "classes": Wiznaibus, Witch Hunt, Nameless Dance and Polka Polka & Dillusion & Slow Dance & Last Song. You'd think Dance would be better because you could theoretically give your Dance more variety than a Bard but...it's...not. At all. Sigh....

(Anima Zero)
Team: Seraphic Blue
Palettes: Red/Black

Anima
Male
Scorpio
Paladin
Basic Skill
Abandon
Attack UP
Move-HP Up
Ice Brand
Ice Shield
Crystal Helmet
Light Robe
Leather Mantle

Consecration, Transfusion, Iron Will, Reraise, Grand Cross
Accumulate, Heal, Wish

Minerva
Female
Capricorn
Samurai
Lore
MA Save
Magic Attack UP
Move-MP Up
Chirijiraden

Circlet
Robe of Lords
Diamond Armlet

Bizen Boat, Murasame, Heaven's Cloud, Muramasa, Chirijiraden
Bio 2, Bio 3, Tornado, Quake

Captain Rex
Male
Virgo
Monk
Steal
Auto Potion
Martial Arts
Ignore Height

Chakra Band
Earth Clothes
Bracer

Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Earth Slash, Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Quickening, Steal Heart, Steal Accessry

Liete
Female
Taurus
Mediator
Item
Damage Split
Throw Item
Teleport
Glacier Gun

Holy Miter
Santa Outfit
108 Gems

Blackmail, Death Sentence, Insult, Mimic Daravon
Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

vs.

(Fenire)
Team: A Knight at the Movies
Palettes: Black/White

The Untouchable
Male
Sagittarius
Squire
Item
Abandon
Throw Item
Warpath
Shieldrender
Escutcheon II
Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
Wizard Mantle

Accumulate, Throw Stone, Wish
X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage

Sniper
Male
Sagittarius
Archer
Draw Out
Projectile Guard
Attack UP
Move-HP Up
Mythril Bow

Thief Hat
Secret Clothes
Cursed Ring

Seal Evil, Hawk's Eye
Kiyomori, Masamune

First Knight
Female
Gemini
Paladin
White Magic
Counter
Magic Defend UP
Move-MP Up
Battle Axe
Diamond Shield
Platina Helmet
Robe of Lords
Setiemson

Nurse, Transfusion, Reraise
Cure 4, Raise 2, Esuna

Druids
Female
Gemini
Summoner
Time Magic
MP Restore
Magic Attack UP
Pilgrimage
Wizard Rod

Golden Hairpin
White Robe
Magic Ring

Moogle, Fairy, Carbunkle, Cyclops, Zodiac
Haste 2, Slow 2, Comet, Sinkhole

...I actually just completely forgot how Anima Zero won (round three) and that's really bad, especially since I can't go back and check right now unfortunately. Like always, I am currently trying to do about three or four things at once right now.

I guess I'll comment on it in my next post in here then and just leave this as a placeholder since I don't want to otherwise delay this post or seem like I'm ignoring their match for some reason.

Apologies, Anima Zero and Fenire. I'll have to re-watch your match later.

(White Knight Wiegraf)
Team: 革命機 - "Revolution Machine"
Palettes: Black/White

Behemoth
Male
Libra
Samurai
Basic Skill
Finger Guard
Unyielding
Move+1
Kikuichimonji

Crystal Helmet
Diamond Armor
Feather Boots

Asura, Murasame, Kikuichimonji
Heal, Wish

Titania
Female
Aquarius
Dancer
Ninjitsu
Auto Potion
Equip Ranged
Fly
Windslash Bow

Twist Headband
Power Sleeve
108 Gems

Witch Hunt
Meiton, Kagesougi

Curiosity
Male
Gemini
Mime

Astral
Female
Aquarius
Geomancer
Summon Magic
Caution
Half of MP
Float
Giant Axe
Genji Shield
Holy Miter
Wizard Robe
Magic Ring

Pitfall, Water Ball, Hell Ivy, Carve Model, Local Quake, Kamaitachi, Demon Fire, Quicksand, Sand Storm, Blizzard, Gusty Wind, Lava Ball
Moogle, Titan, Fairy, Carbunkle, Odin

vs.

(CT5Holy)
Team: Pray Faith
Palettes: Green/White

Haku
Male
Aries
Ninja
Talk Skill
Counter
Attack UP
Move-HP Up
Short Edge
Hidden Knife
Twist Headband
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

Kagesougi
Blackmail, Mimic Daravon

Hatsu
Male
Aries
Archer
Draw Out
Damage Split
Magic Attack UP
Pilgrimage
Blaze Gun
Kaiser Plate
Thief Hat
Santa Outfit
Setiemson

Arm Aim, Seal Evil
Masamune

Chun
Male
Aries
Monk
Steal
Speed Save
Martial Arts
Warpath
H Bag

Chakra Band
Power Sleeve
Cherche

Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Earth Slash, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Quickening, Steal Heart

Daisangen
Female
Libra
Oracle
White Magic
Auto Potion
Defense UP
Move-MP Up
Octagon Rod

Black Hood
White Robe
Defense Ring

Silence Song, Dispel Magic, Paralyze, Sleep
Raise, Raise 2, Esuna

Here, White Knight Wiegraf, use this link to vent your frustration over Round 1. Try not to break it in your justifiable fury.

Sigh. I may be the only person besides (probably) White Knight Wiegraf not really "hyped" about the comeback CT5Holy had in the first round, as cruelly amusing as it. This is largely because the only thing more painful than Wish still sucking is spellguns and Cursed Ring (and Quickening) still being so blatantly overpowered; yes, they're collectively even more painful than Phoenix Blade's obnoxious continued existence. I'm not trying to take away from the fact that CT5Holy builds teams competently, but stuff like comebacks shouldn't happen so easily or constantly and yet they do with Cursed Ring around because the accursed thing basically has no real downsides.

FFMaster! Why you have forsaken us?! Why?!

*cries disgustingly*

Ironically, White Knight Wiegraf might have actually won the first round if the Mime, being wonderful class that they are with their 100% reliability, had randomly failed to Mimic like they sometimes do. At the very least, CT5Holy's Archer would have probably been distracted by being in Critical rather than being healed enough to go back on the offensive.

Not much else to say about the actual match really, so instead I'll just point out the fact that White Knight Wiegraf was also at a general disadvantage because he took his team straight from the regular team thread I think. As such, I think he's only person in the entire tournament whose units are all basically adhering to the usual 3000 JP cap. Not that breaking it would significantly benefit any unit that issn't the Samurai, but between that, the above and his use of a Mime in general...yeah, he's handicapping himself big time. By Hades, White Knight Wiegraf may well have won if he just gave his Samurai Masamune (the ability) given Mimes at least tend not to screw that up and Hasting the Dancer probably would have won him the day.

I'll say that I too give him "respect" for being the only person to use a Mime, even if it's begrudging respect since they're rather unreliable and will remain so until someone looks into actually fixing them somehow. What's more respectable is how hard his Archer Dancer hits though, even if Kagesougi is itself an overpowered, under-costed POS currently and even if he's hardly the first person to use that set-up.

Still, I suppose it's rather fitting that a team named "Revolution Machine" fell to some of the most currently oppressive skills in ARENA. So much for "fight the power".

(silentkaster)
Team: Annoying Team
Palettes: Blue/White

Archer 1
Male
Aries
Archer
Item
Auto Potion
Throw Item
Move+1
Romanda Gun
Zephyr Shield
Thief Hat
Brigandine
Dracula Mantle

Arm Aim, Hawk's Eye, Head Break, Weapon Break
Hi-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Archer 2
Male
Aries
Archer
Steal
Faith Up
Magic Attack UP
Move-HP Up
Blaze Gun
Flame Shield
Black Hood
Santa Outfit
108 Gems

Seal Evil, Armor Break, Shield Break

Monk
Female
Leo
Monk
Dance
HP Restore
Equip Shield
Teleport
H Bag
Crystal Shield
Chakra Band
Earth Clothes
Cursed Ring

Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Nameless Dance

Priest
Female
Libra
Priest
Time Magic
Counter Magic
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
P Bag

Golden Hairpin
Black Costume
Defense Ring

Cure 3, Raise 2, Protect 2, Shell 2, Esuna
Haste 2, Slow 2, Stop, Sinkhole, Balance

vs.

(Otabo)
Team: Season 3
Palettes: Brown/Black

Teabag
Female
Scorpio
Thief
Draw Out
Projectile Guard
Equip Armor
Move-HP Up
Sasuke Knife

Flash Hat
Gold Armor
Cursed Ring

Kiyomori, Masamune

Mallory
Female
Scorpio
Monk
Talk Skill
HP Restore
Equip Shield
Move+1
H Bag
Genji Shield
Chakra Band
Santa Outfit
Diamond Armlet

Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Insult

Mackenzie
Female
Pisces
Mediator
Item
Auto Potion
Magic Defend UP
Flee
Main Gauche

Thief Hat
White Robe
Setiemson

Blackmail, Death Sentence, Mimic Daravon
Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Echo Grass, Chrono's Tear, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Perria
Female
Pisces
Priest
Time Magic
Counter Magic
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Staff

Golden Hairpin
Silk Robe
Defense Ring

Cure 2, Raise, Raise 2, Esuna
Haste 2, Slow 2, Don't Move, Sinkhole, Balance

First and foremost, Wily 1's stage music from Mega Man 2? Excuse me while I press that link I just provided White Knight Wiegraf. It's not like it's a bad song or anything; nothing from Mega Man is, even the stuff in the abomination that is Mega Man X7. In fact, it's pretty great. I just think it's overplayed is all. Way overplayed.

Ahem.

Let's get onto actually relevant commentary. To put it simply, it seems like silentkaster ultimately lost simply because both his Archers are male. Given Steal Heart is still heterosexist, none of stuff that happened at the beginning of the second and third rounds would have occurred if the both Archers were female. They well could have been female since female Archers have slightly better in MA and non-magic guns don't care about stats anyway, though I'm not really questioning why silentkaster made them male. A similar problem would have arisen anyway if he was facing a team with a male Steal Heart user and his Archers were female instead.

This entire match is basically just another example of how swing-y Charm status still is despite being severely reduced in its CT--as it should be--for at least a couple of years. It's either nigh worthless because the unit targeted has Esuna or Stigma Magic or something to cure themselves or it ends up greatly hampering if not outright destroying the other team in about one turn. There's rarely any in between, even if eating up a turn with self-healing Charm can be useful at times without being outright "I'll just throw your own nuke back in your face" levels of useful.

(Speaking of healing Charm, being "hit" by 0 damage Balance and using Transfusion both heal Charm? What. How did I not notice this before.... [/don't answer that])

Death Sentence is much the same way, except that the potential "nigh worthless" aspect comes from the A.I. ignoring the Death Sentence character for the most part, which can easily backfire. As such, I suppose it's rather fitting that those statuses are ultimately what won Otabo the match in combination. Berserk, despite also currently being overpowered as a debuff and severely underpowered as a buff, oddly didn't play much of a role at all even though projectile units are usually much dumber about physically attacking under it. I suppose it helps that the first map didn't really have any obstacles and the briefly Berserk Archer was already in the Monk's face.

Not much else to say about this given it was largely drawn out by the A.I. being really stupid with Otabo's team in the second round and a spellgun & Nameless Dance being otherwise involved. Seriously, all those bag smacks alone suddenly make me less annoyed I legitimately forgot I could have given Master Whisky an FS Bag. I don't even know where to start with regards to that preventable free Crystal grab....

So I'll just end by saying that I think that silentkaster's team is actually pretty well made, Mediator/Chemist thing and spellgun villainy aside, and it's nice to see someone making great use of Faith Up. I also think he'll do better in the "Underworld" given neither Vireblaze nor skiploom188 have units capable of Charming his males; this even though skiploom188 named one of his units "Homosex"....

(Also, to no one's surprise, Balance never came up this match at all from either Priest.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

You realize, Damned, that I made my team weird for weirdness' sake? :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zotis

Here it is, finally, the moment you've all been waiting for!  (I apologize if my commentary isn't the greatest.)

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 3 Match 8 - Barren vs TrueLight

Barren

This reminds me sort of season 5's 1.3 Tourney from 3 years ago when we first fought but that was then this is now and I still won rather decisively. I was hoping for a round 3 considering how strong TrueLight's team really is in fact its comparable to mine but unfortunately since I was hitting multiple targets more often than he was is what resulted in his defeat. Round 2, the stop proc gave me pretty much the lead I needed to come out on top. GG TrueLight I'm very sure you'll have a much better showing in the loser's bracket and cause a reign of terror on the doom train. If I do happen to make it as far as to the championship match I'm expecting you to be my opponent by then.
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

Yep. This had a "Season 5" vibe once I saw my team having trouble staying up. Just too much constant damage coming from that Geomancer and my team could never really inflict any damage to her. My Ninja getting stopped in the middle of the battlefield in round 2 prevented me from gaining any momentum. With that said, GG Barren, you have bested me once again. I hope to have a rematch with you in the near future.
  • Modding version: PSX

Malroth

WTF????   I ran 50 practice matches and she only won 1 round  WHY DID YOU FORSAKE ME SO RNG

Celdia

Round 1 reaction: :shock:

Round 2 reaction:  :| This is what I expecte-

Round 3 reaction: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm SO sorry you were the victim of my madness, Malroth! When I put this team together I thought they might be an amusing annoyance at worst.  :oops:
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Malroth

I'm really surprised on how differently your units behaved in these matches vs the trial runs I ran,   In the pratice matches your Oracle acted pretty much as a full time Holy sniper,   Your Monk would run up and die, your chemist and Oracle would nuke my ninja, My Mediator would then raise 2 My Ninja then Your Oracle would alternate between Nuking my Monk and Raising your dead units, once your Immortal units were down once it was pretty much over because you don't have any real healing for them.  Those Petrify spells your Oracle threw out of nowhere in the actual matches were huge,  Especially since my units were too dumb to soft/stigma magic her