• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:09 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Event Editing

Started by Miroshi Beshima, August 18, 2010, 11:31:53 pm

Miroshi Beshima

Today, for no real reason at all, I decided to use that Event Editor v2.2 to edit events and stuff. I think I got a lot of it down, but Camera Angles and other things are starting to confuse me. Idk how to get the right camera angle and I dont kno how to make the event start a battle. the event just kinda of ends... Also, in the ENTD I have all the sprites that I want to be where I want them but when the Event runs I only have 1 sprite and the others are not on the map. Is there anyone that can help me a little? Once I get this one event done then the rest should be easy cuz I can look to the first for an example....

LastingDawn

There's a lot more to it then that. For beginners it is best to work off of an existing battle, since to change that would require Attack.out event conditionals. Which is another ballgame all together. As for the others not appearing... are they set as Always Appear, and does the event itself erase those characters, mayhaps?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Miroshi Beshima

Ok, i made a stupid ENTD typo with the characters...I can see them all now. I got the whole event working and it shows the Battle conditions and then says that I won the battle and gives me bonus money but it skips the whole battle. So I should just stick with editing already made events?

LastingDawn

You should stick with editing battles over battles and events over events currently. Just to get started.

Art of War

Miroshi Beshima

Miroshi Beshima

Ok, new question. Is the Military Academy scene hardcoded somewhere else other than the TEST.EVT? Everytime I add something or change something, some of the changes don't appear. I added 2 extra sprites to the ENDT and linked all the instructions that had to do with them to their Unit ID like im supposed to but they dont appear onscreen, even with the WarpUnit event instruction.

LastingDawn

Are you checking it in the Brave Story, or are you using ENTD 188? 188 is the original Academy scene, the one that lists as the Military Academy is the Brave Stories version.

Art of War

Miroshi Beshima

Oh! Ok, thanks, that makes sense. :D Is there a list somewhere the tells you which ENTD is for the Brave Story and which is the original scene?

LastingDawn

Not... that I recall... could be wrong. Things need to be reorganized on that front.

Art of War

Miroshi Beshima

Ok, I started some editing again today. I want to know how to start an event when you walk to another town or field. Is there any way of doing this yet? or are the codes necessary for doing that is still unknown?

Jon

I believe you can do this, remember when Algus, Delita and Ramza meet with Dycedarg for the first time at Igros and the very next sequence is them walking around talking to Zalbag, Alma, and Teta? Try to edit over those events, like with Attack.out editor you could change the maps and  have them walking down a street and then enter a house or something by changing those 2 events - first change the inside of the castle to a city map, then change the next event of the castle fountain area to the inside of a house. This will be very time consuming however, hope you are patient ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kokojo

Your best bet would be to ask zodiac privately.  He knows about world map editing.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Miroshi Beshima

@Jon nahh, i meant you move to one location of the world map to another and it triggers a scene. Like the red dots that indicate a new storyline, when you land on them a scene appears.
@Kokojo yeah i guess ill do that

Jon

Oh my bad, I always wanted to know how to do that too. Right now all I can do is edit already existing events. If you PM him, could you do me (well all of us) a favor and post how its done? Thanks!

Miroshi Beshima

@Jon I PMed him, all im waiting for is his reply XD

Jon

Ah, thanks! Please tell us how its done if you find out or if Zodiac reads this :mrgreen:

ffta707

It has to do with event orders. It is all done in the attack out, and I'm pretty sure you edit were it says "Go to next scenario." It's a hard concept to grasp, considering I worked on this with LD for a while. As LD said to me, "Study the event orders posted in the wiki, then it will come to you eventually."

Jon

I don't want to go against you there ffta707, but I think that it must be more than that. For example, I changed the ATTACK.OUT so it skips from Orbonne (opening) the ten battles or whatever it is back to Orbonne ch.2 opening. So right after killing Lezales and his goons, the next scene you see is Agrais pledging to find Ovelia and Gafgarion calling you a mule. Everything works perfect up until then. Right after you can recruit or kick Rad, Lavain and Alicia, it goes to the world map and then there is the path leading to Dorter but no Dorter (little red) point on the map. So you are infinitely stuck at Orbonne. There must be a specific way of doing this...

Edit: What would be awesome is if all the towns always appeared, that way you don't have to worry about messing up with the ATTACK.OUT. If anyone knows how to do this, please explain in detail! Thanks!

ffta707

Yes, but if you edit it freely to go to any scenario. I think I am misunderstanding you though.

P.S.
Your not going against me, this is what the forum is for.

Jon

Thats just the thing though, I have a feeling that some things are almost set in stone, like right after the opening Orbonne fight, you have to start in Gariland, otherwise the towns and castles won't appear. This is the exact problem which I wish could be explained / solved. Like imagine that the beginning of the game starts in a totally different corner of the world like Goug, then you may appear on the world map, but how could you go from there for example to Warjilis. Could someone write down the exact procedure for this example please?