• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:00:30 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Linux alternatives to CD Mage or cdprog?

Started by nitwit, July 05, 2016, 08:55:14 am

nitwit

They won't work with every version of wine I installed, and I can't get wine to compile.

Guru

Not sure I just installed Linux on my new system, so I don't know too many programs on it yet. I tried googling it real quick and didn't see anything on a quick glance, but I'm sure there is an alternative program out there somewhere.

You could install a virtual machine with windows on it and just run it on there.

Kurosabes

Possibly ISOMaster, although I'm just going from an answer I've read on another site.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

nitwit

I found one but it needs an ISO, and I'm having trouble finding an ISO or finding a free program on linux to convert them.

I just ordered a game CD on amazon, it will be here on the 11th.

Xifanie

July 08, 2016, 11:59:52 am #4 Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:15:17 pm by Xifanie
...you know that M2/2352 CDs are all stored the same way whether they're .ISO, .BIN./.cue and .IMG, right? Just renaming your FFT Image file to .iso should do the trick. If it doesn't, that's one hell of a picky program.

EDIT: You can just mount a .BIN and rip an .ISO if it doesn't work
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful