• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:27:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Zephon

Jon

Its pretty good, nothing really left to say except on the total side view the eye color is totally black instead of the dark red brown :P

Keep it up!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

lol quite interesting and then a good portrait for it too? oh my
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kagebunji

Lijj, I was tying ro conatacy yoi, vut you wrerer unable to reach for some tme, send me a pm with your current PM. I wanat to do some shit to it. Yo palz grats on basic design though.

Lijj

Update for the generic knights at last.
I will call them generic paladins from now on.
I added the new portraits- Female half credit to Twinees- and made the palettes more diverse than before by not sharing whites with the eyes.

GeneralStrife

Your ports are bangin' now man!

Vanya

Those presentation pics are neat.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lijj

Thanks you(s) guys.
Vanya those are easy to make since they're just saves from palette editor. I added the gradient after selecting just the background colors of the sprites and the top portraits.

Kokojo

Why do you have to do that when I just changed my formation sprites?
*grumble grumble*

Great job, as always.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

CONMAN

WOW! those are freaking awesome!  i had looked at them before and thought they looked good, but DAMN!  I don't think i liked the first palettes on those two sprites nearly as much as the others.  DAMN, taste the rainbow  :mrgreen:!

Lijj

:oops: :oops:My bad Kokojo :oops: :oops:
Glad you're putting these in though Kokojo, very much.

I'm glad you like them Conman.
It needed some color.. the repetitive white had to go.

Jon

Solid stuff Lijj! What was the original base? A mix of Squire and Zalbaag? I like the colors, fit the different factions correctly I think :D

Pickle Girl Fanboy

What are these for again, Lijj?  Some kind of Diablo/traditional pen and paper inspired mod?  Does this mean a black mage is upcoming?

Lijj

Female was Zalbag based while the male was Onion Knight based.

No black mages in the works but the old ones I made with the Chinese rice farming hats could use updated portraits. Those would be my last target though since the ports aren't horrifically bad like the samurai's are; which are next on my list of portrait fixes.

GeneralStrife

Yeah the colors could just use updating on the wizards. still prefer them loads over the ancient wizards we've seen for the last 14 years.
arena should start using the gen generic sprites.

Lijj

March 05, 2012, 06:38:06 am #736 Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:47:25 am by Lijj
Male Samurai portrait WIP:
                            - 1 pxl different- 
The armor is green for now but I was thinking brown for palette 1

Kagebunji

Ooooh, this is nice. I definitly like this. What you could do is erase the realle heavy shading on the back of his hair, and make it go a little further, if you get what I mean. Currently it is all blonde(brightest color), and then it suddenly changes to dark, try balancing it. Face is totally win, I have nothing to it. Other thing might be the bandana, it is somehow weird for me, and I dunno wheter it is too much at an angle, or it is highlights placed too far to our left. Also, banding on neck, below chin, try making it more one color based, instead of most skin shades.

Overall, I really like the new portrait, works great.

Jon

I like the bandana and I see why there are a few pixels in the hair that are dark color, you're trying to make the bandana seep through but I don't think its working. Looks kinda weird, either make more bandana seeping through or none. I think the left eye's eyebrow is too flat, its just one color. The ear also has like a dark highlight on the top of it, I think that's fine...great stuff. :D

Lijj

March 06, 2012, 07:05:14 am #739 Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:01:47 am by Lijj
Round II, FIGHT
I updated the male and have 4 different versions of a the female here for debate. left-most is the one where I first felt it was done and the fouth over is the last of three edits.