• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:02:02 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kaedre's sprites

Started by Kaedre, November 14, 2012, 12:37:06 pm

Kaedre

If Nobody have nothing more to comment, i guess this can be the complete sprite version.
The missing performing frames correspond to my harlequin job class, that is under development.

I was thinking in something like the Zelda ocarine perform, but with a flute instead. One of that can be played sideways. (It is not decided yet)

Kagebunji

Mmm, great fixes Jimmy, Smash. No worries, couple portraits and you will be back on track, Smash, as always :P

The unique singing frames are nice, try lookind at Link sprite, and Celes sprite, those two have different singing frames, ou could use them as references. Sorry for not replying for a while.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

November 22, 2012, 07:55:39 pm #22 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:09:41 pm by Lijj
The trophy thing cracked me up.
Here's a little edit of the last one; I changed the shape of the face a little, the shape of the hood (particularly the odd curve that bothered me), the hair and some minor pixel clusters:
Oh yeah, I changed 1 color too.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

November 22, 2012, 08:58:18 pm #23 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:05:57 pm by Lijj
Ugg.. I could work on this for hours... another update:
GD OCD! I should stop this:

Also Kaedre, the Green Ranger spr. could be of use as a ref for the flute playing frames as well.
Edit:

1 pixel! 1 shade too dark!

Celdia

Would still really like to see both of those spritesheets completed with normal singing frames. They'd make perfectly good generic unit additions to the custom sprite page.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kaedre

I have no words. My clumsy english (+ Google traductor) is not enogh for express my feelings. You guys don't only have talent, besides that, you are attentive and devoted. People like you do posible the words "where all your dreams come true".

About the work you do (All of you) i have to say that the improvements of Lijj are notorious, especially the hood and the hair that looks more realistic.
Can be an opinion issue, but i guess the face's contour ( i mean, the general form of the face) is more FFT style in the Jimmy-Smash (or Mobius?) version.
The hair in Lijj's version is clearly better and more defined, but the haircut style (Pretty cool, by the way) is maybe a bit ... fashioned? for a hunter guy.
I repeat, it is only an opinion, subjective and personal. In conclusion, i guess both versions have merits and are both wonderful.

P.S: The pallete change is an improvement too. I noticed long ago (like all us, i guess) that you have an special talent for color choice. Can you post a palleted (16 colors bit map) version of the portrait?
(I definitely crossed the parentheses limit in this post)

Lijj

I do agree Kaedre about the hair being to stylish there so I'll give him a hair cut if you'd like when I get some free time again.
I think the shape of the face is much better like this though.

Celdia

Lijj, your changes there almost give the two versions a difference of male to female with the newer one being more masculine. Soften the other one a bit more and you'd have similar but gender-varied ports for both sheets I'm thinking.

Mobius

Quote from: Lijj on November 23, 2012, 12:40:05 am
I do agree Kaedre about the hair being to stylish there so I'll give him a hair cut if you'd like when I get some free time again.
I think the shape of the face is much better like this though.

Hm, for the shape of the face, and specifically the face edge and neck, I think it's a little bit overboard on anti-alias and smoothing, almost pillow. I would choose my version for it- firm clusters, looks more FFT'ish.

Not the cowl. Yours rocks.

I say have a version with my lower face and neck, Lijj's hat and body, and about the hair, well, I don't really have a preference. : P

Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Kaedre

Quote from: Mobius on November 23, 2012, 03:23:03 am
I say have a version with my lower face and neck, Lijj's hat and body, and about the hair, well, I don't really have a preference. : P

I am working right now in a "Frankenstein" version. Something like Mobius said.

Kaedre

November 23, 2012, 08:09:06 am #30 Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:29:50 pm by Kaedre
For now, i have this. The hood and pallete is from Lijj. Face and neck are Jimmy-Mobius work. Like Mobius said, the hair it's just a matter of liking.

P:S: Lijj, i REALLY need that pallete, i don't know how extract it from the file you posted.

P.P.S: Celdia and Kagebungi: Sorry, i have no time for response you right now. I will do it a little later.

EDITED ATTACHMENT:

Kaedre

For Kagebunji:
Quote from: Kaedre on November 22, 2012, 11:41:56 am
I was thinking in something like the Zelda ocarine perform, but with a flute instead. One of that can be played sideways. (It is not decided yet)

I am stupid. I should have to say Link (name of the character) instead of Zelda (name of the game). I saw the Link sprite in the forum long ago, and i stole from it the idea (to make a kind of musician instead of a singer)

For Celdia: like it's clear that you are interesed in the singing frames, i completed these for you. Maybe someone else can be interesed too.

Taichii

placed the port into the sheet and tried to figure out what palette lijj used (not the exact as it lost some of the details) haha maybe wait for lijj's palette ;)
and about the title of your own spriting thread, go to your first post on this thread and then click edit. change the subject to the title that you desire and then hit save ;)
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Lijj

November 23, 2012, 03:05:10 pm #33 Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:18:17 pm by Lijj
Hey, I had company over last night so I turned off my computer. I can give you the power of choice (gonna make two versions; one with the jaw and neck retained from Jimmy and Möbius' edit) and the palette. I will give him a haircut too give me 1 hour max. (I'm not sure why you guys like the less masculine jaw, except Celdia; while I do agree that mine might be overly softened as Möb said.- .. I will give you one of each eitherway so you can pick : ) )
And :) :) :) < what is this?

Celdia

Yeay, normal singing frames! \o/

Kaedre

November 23, 2012, 03:56:47 pm #35 Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:03:35 pm by Kaedre
Hi, Lijj. Good to see you again. I want a palleted version of the EDITED ATTACHMENT that i post above. Can be it one of the options? I also would like to see your alternative. But if i choose the less masculine jaw is for compatibility reasons: almost all the generics in FFT have rounded child's faces.
As for your last question, i think it was and "emoticon failure". (i was editing most of my errors)

For Taichi: You are involved in JotF, aren't you? I am a fan!
I thank you for your help (I edited my crap) and interest.
I was studing your pallete in Gale, and i afraid that if well the colors are very like Lijj's, all us have to admit that he is the pallete master.

((I can see in the future the caritative soul that can give to the hunter the missing pallets.))

^_^

Lijj

Oh I see.. I thought Boss taichii hacked the smileys haha.
OK So here are some options based on the responses:
and one BMP ready to go or you can copy any of these four into it so it'll be paletted and ready to drop onto a sprite sheet:
Let me know if you are happy with any of these; if not I will keep working with you.

Kaedre

A great (and dedicated) job, Lijj. I can`t believe now the crap i posted first time. I gonna choose the one most on the right. Thank you so much!!!

P.S: About the entire female sprite, it has to go back to the projects table. I was studing it for long and the water frames never go to coincide well with the INGAME water circle. Do you understand what i mean?
So, I will bring you soon another project for consideration.

Lijj

You might have to move the whole sheet up or down to fix that water frame issue; I hope it works out.
Glad you like it Kaedre; really looking forward to the next project!

Kaedre

Finally is finished. I put two versions, because both are cool and always exist difference between people preferences. I choose your personal selection (Lijj) and one of Jimmy-Mobius's work with your hood and greens.