• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:11:40 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hooded Meliadoul v2

Started by Jumza, May 05, 2013, 09:26:53 am

Jumza

May 05, 2013, 09:26:53 am Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:39:03 am by Jumza
Well it's certainly been awhile since I wanted a hooded Meliadoul sprite... I tried making one when I was 11 (Yeah, I was 11 when I originally joined FFH, so... yeah!) Now I'm 15 and I think it's acceptable this time around! It's like, Meliadoul but with a bigger hood!

Here is the portrait: It's just the Purple Mystery's hood (with Meliadouls greens), then about half of Meliadouls face and her metal collar.

It's not a huge edit, but I wanted more action in this part of FFH, I love coming here and looking at the new art / sprites that people post but not a lot of that has been happening recently.

Here's the sheet, give crits on it if you think I should change something.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kagebunji

It's pretty simple, heh. Nothing much to comment on, really. Doesn't seem to have any bugs either.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mobius

Agreed.

I'd still have this over the original.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Jumza

Yeah, that's the idea. I'm no spriter but I've always wanted this. Decided to post it when I did it
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Mobius

Check out my portrait. I just did a good shade example there.  ;)

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.

Jumza

May 11, 2013, 09:01:27 am #5 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:09:00 pm by Jumza
Should I remove the skin showing, or make it larger so I can add a mouth? It just looks like a random pink lump to me right now.

Edit: I tried to copy the style of your portrait a bit, and this is what I came up with. I like this on better mainly because it has a mouth.

But now that I look at it... The skin seems to be oddly shaded on the right side. Lemme go fix that :P

Edit: Ok, this is how I think it should look, but which is best?

Mobius

May 11, 2013, 12:21:11 pm #6 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:28:13 pm by Mobius
None. They got no chins, boy. :P

Number two needs some fixing, but it could be easily the best of the 3.

Can I have a go at it?

Jumza

Mobius

I told you I get carried away

First pallete is the original, with the colors fixed. The second is my pallete. ;)

Jumza

Wow you really weren't kidding.

SilverRegret

@ Mobius : hey thats a cool lancer/ dragoon you got there.. i've seen your & Lijj works on 7 portrait in 7 days.. and wow it really aspired me. u guys really got talent on drawing portrait..
@jumza : i kinda like your first lancer portrait.. it gives mysterious aura
PS :is it possible to use those portraits for generic jobs in game? (sorry m still a newbie here and still learning on how import portrait & sprite)