• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:47:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus battle logs

Started by Dome, August 09, 2011, 07:32:30 pm

Dome

October 23, 2011, 04:55:50 am #60 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:56:49 am by Dome
Quote from: Eternal248 on October 23, 2011, 04:47:18 am
You keep wanting people to use monsters, Dome, but it's very tricky since Train is the only way. I have a suggestion: make all non-monsters immune to Invite, and give Invite back but with a higher accuracy, rename it Beastmaster or something and give it to Squires. This way you can get monsters more reliably early on.

But it doesn't make sense "talking" to a monster to make it join...
Taming him with brute strenght makes much more sense, IMHO
And train is an archer skill, very easy to get...

P.s: I suggest to use monster because they are VERY strong, but still no one seems to use them (Maybe because in vanilla sucked?)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

I can say for myself, i keep using people because i like to have a large options of attacks, and that you can only have with people, with monsters you are bind to their skillsets and can't have a second one for backup or that kind of things, but i do like monsters in FFT:+, i always have 1 strong monster in my roster for backup when i run into a fight that's very hard to me at the moment, they sure are very strong.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

October 23, 2011, 12:04:17 pm #62 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:08:25 pm by Avatar_State
post deleted

Dome

Xenogears

I never usually use monsters because I like progressing in levels with jobs. :) Probably would have made the first half of the game easier for me if I did, but that's the way it goes! The only two "monsters" I use are Boco (because he's awesome) and Worker 8 (because he's broken). Haven't progressed past level 2 of the DD yet, so no Byblos for me yet.

Quote from: Dome on October 23, 2011, 02:31:54 pm
Why?

Because I hate arguing with people.  I just found myself whining again about how Decay's poison isn't curable and how you can say that Train instead of talk skill makes more sense when having Queklain using white magic makes so sense at all, if you must know.

Eternal

Wait, why can't you cure the Poison from Decay? IIRC, it's Undead + Poison, yes? Why not use an Antidote?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

October 23, 2011, 05:31:08 pm #67 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:34:20 pm by Dome
Quote from: Eternal248 on October 23, 2011, 05:26:03 pm
Wait, why can't you cure the Poison from Decay? IIRC, it's Undead + Poison, yes? Why not use an Antidote?

At this point, I think he is just whining for no reason
Leave him alone

Eternal

I think it's a valid concern though. Decay hits the entire party, right? Why not just make it AoE: 1, so that it can still hit the party if lumped together, but you won't be totally screwed by it. Just my two cents. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

All the status-curing items have been combined into 1 item: Remedy.  And no, using remedy on Decay doesn't work.  I remember thinking about how curing the poison was going to win me the match only to find out that Decay is one of THOSE spells.  So irritating.

Dome

October 23, 2011, 06:10:51 pm #70 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:21:29 pm by Dome
Hints and tips:
You can cure "Undead" using "Holy water", and "Poison" using "Remedy" (It should be written in both item's descriptions)
"Esuna" and "Choco esuna" cure both statuses with an AoE of 1
With 1 single spell/skill you can cure the whole party and completely fuck Queklain's strategy (Or at least fully "restore" 2/3 units at time) giving you a lot of time to kill the fat monster

Anyway...
Avatar_State, not only you don't want to use those spells/skills, but you are also playing with a team of 5 knights (the slowest class available to the player) against a boss with both Defense Up+Protect as innates!
If you want to play only using knights is fine, no one is going to complain...but you know, that's just a way to make the game harder for yourself
A balanced team can take down Queklain easily...that's a 5 on 1, after all

Defense Up and Protect at the same time?  Why would you do that?

Dome

Quote from: Avatar_State on October 23, 2011, 07:17:32 pm
Defense Up and Protect at the same time?  Why would you do that?

Because he is alone against 5 units

Hint:
He has 75 faith and almost no form of protection against magic

Yea, and the reason I didn't get any magicians is because Magic got nerfed hardcore.  I originally wanted a team of 5 wizards, but that idea was short lived when I saw the damage exchanged for AOE.

Xenogears

Quote from: Avatar_State on October 23, 2011, 09:16:08 pm
Yea, and the reason I didn't get any magicians is because Magic got nerfed hardcore.  I originally wanted a team of 5 wizards, but that idea was short lived when I saw the damage exchanged for AOE.

Yeah, I can see how a spell like Firaga (single target, made for SINGLE target damage) cast at range would be worse than slow, plodding knights. You're probably right.

I obviously don't know what I'm talking about

Xenogears

Quote from: Avatar_State on October 23, 2011, 10:23:56 pm
I obviously don't know what I'm talking about

Thanks for finally admitting that. I really don't know why time was wasted on you since you're too damn stubborn to accept any advice. I'll just leave you with this:

October 23, 2011, 10:58:57 pm #77 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:32:18 pm by Avatar_State
post deleted

Tyvent

Quote from: Dome on October 23, 2011, 06:10:51 pm
Hints and tips:
You can cure "Undead" using "Holy water", and "Poison" using "Remedy" (It should be written in both item's descriptions)
"Esuna" and "Choco esuna" cure both statuses with an AoE of 1
With 1 single spell/skill you can cure the whole party and completely fuck Queklain's strategy (Or at least fully "restore" 2/3 units at time) giving you a lot of time to kill the fat monster

Leave it to me to fight Queklain the hard way :)  Without Esuna and Holy Water, it only took me like 15 tries . . . Not that I'm complaining.  It was an inspired update on his strategy.  Well done :)

I've pretty much given up on the Zalera battle, though, since I've never come up with a strategy that's come close to beating him (his counter flooding screws me every time when his sage magic and henchmen don't).

But on the good side, besides dozens of things I like, I particularly like your overhaul of Ramza's Guts abilities, the upgrades on Rad, Alicia, and Lavian, and the higher difficulty (at least one battle notwithstanding).  Thanks for putting in all the time you have :)

Dome

October 24, 2011, 03:54:02 am #79 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:24:36 am by Dome
Quote from: Avatar_State on October 23, 2011, 09:16:08 pm
...the reason I didn't get any magicians is because Magic got nerfed hardcore...

Magic...NERFED?
THIS IS MADNESS!!!!!!

- Speed isn't as high as in vanilla/1.3 (Charge time is not an issue, even at higher levels)
- Every wizard spell has a purpose now (AoE, Speed, Damage)
- While charging you lose your evade, but you don't take more damage from attacks
- Every spellcaster gained an instant (Expensive, Mp wise) spell
- Precision boost the hit % of spells
- Oracle spell "Dimish" can be used against bosses (Is now a MA * X attack, no more % of Hp damage)
- Summons, while weak, HIT THE WHOLE FIELD
- Sages...well, sages are strong as fuck, no question about it

P.s: Tynvent
Thanks! You make me happy :-)
Btw...Many complained about Zalera difficult, and in fact in 1.01 he got counter magic instead of counter flood...you should try again, he is easier now :-)

P.p.s: If the reaction of a boss triggers too much, you can reduce the Br level using Steal courage, (The ability of the eyeball which name I forgot) or the Chocobo monster skill