• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

formerdeathcorps

October 17, 2014, 09:01:41 pm #3521 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:07:34 pm by formerdeathcorps
AI Report (Mime Debrief):

1) If your mime has MP dependent skills, you entire team will not use quickening unless the entire enemy party is asleep or charmed or death sentenced.
2) Last Song will be mimicked ONLY IF no other action was mimicked after last song was cast.  In other words, if last song causes any unit (including the mime) to get a turn and make an action, the mime will "forget" to mimic last song.
3) If your mime is charging a spell and mimicks anything before completing the spell, the mime will not complete his spell because the act of mimicking deletes the charged spell's data while retaining "Charging" status.  I think this is why Square didn't let mimes have secondaries.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Shintroy

You're doing God's work formerdeathcorps.
Some day my people will be free.

The Damned

(The phrasing of that praise is ironic given whom you're directing it towards, Shintroy.)

Great if unfortunate findings, formerdeathcorps, though I can't really say that the second and the third are at all surprising, the third especially, which is quite limiting as far as Secondaries. I wonder if there's a way to make it so that Charging (or Performing) status would prevent Miming. There probably is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a pain since no one still seems to be sure why Mimes aren't mimicking constantly in the first place.

The second finding in particular makes wonder if that's also the case with Critical Quick, not that anyone has really been using that for the past year or so. It probably is, at least if Critical Quick is used on the Mime itself.

The first finding is just...weird, though. Hunh.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

Sometimes I miss making my Speed Bomb Cursed, other times I don't, and this was in 138. I really would have lost that match had it not been for Otabo's terrible Raise 2 accuracy. I mean, 77% and 67%??? Forgot to take White Robe + Healing Staff off of my Oracle, now that not having Fire/Ice/Lightning resistance isn't such a death knell anymore.

reinoe

My dreams can come true!

Shintroy

October 18, 2014, 02:35:49 pm #3527 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:55:23 pm by Shintroy
Bad Match up. Overlooked Doku's team in the submission thread. I like his dual cutter and lionheart units. Just too much of an overwhelming match up to comment.

Never seen my team lose this bad. I'll have to rework the team again to combat buffed statii like stop and innocent. GG RNG. AI did a great job in picking off the only two units with revival abilities

Not a fan of 100% innocent on so many weapons. Especially on a bow with high elevation. Two well executed teams, but still ended in a slaughterfest. Ninjitsu and Innocent combo remind me of old 1.3 tournaments. Thieves, throw, innate concentrate, mobility and tanking ability. Nerf Otabo

I get really flustered when silentkaster's team makes a huge comeback by pincering my units. Don't know if you intentionally made your team to thrive in A B A B and BAAB formations, but if you did, good stuff. The comeback on the church map was disgusting. 

Been meaning to rewatch Power Rangers up to the end of the white ranger arc (ninja or zeo?) to prepare for the season 1 movie remake coming out in 2016. Green Ranger best ranger. Never watched super sentai going to watch the first season soon though.(Maybe not that much of the Power Rangers now that I think about it. 90s shows and their 80 episodes per season)

Not enjoying innocent being 100%, but I'm not hating it. I get to bring back my anti caster team FFEleven probably thanks to it.

Otabo

Quote from: Shintroy on October 18, 2014, 02:35:49 pm
Not a fan of 100% innocent on so many weapons. Especially on a bow with high elevation. Two well executed teams, but still ended in a slaughterfest. Ninjitsu and Innocent combo remind me of old 1.3 tournaments. Thieves, throw, innate concentrate, mobility and tanking ability.

Not enjoying innocent being 100%, but I'm not hating it. I get to bring back my anti caster team FFEleven probably thanks to it.

Well, it could've been worse if 1.38 Flash Hat was still around. It would have been so easy to set up double innocent ninjitsu damage. Granted it was possible to pull off back then with Gokuu Rod, it was a lot harder, and most of the time, not worth it. Anyway, IMO, I feel that Atheist Bow's innocent proc is more suited to shut down mages/faith reliant units more so than for ninjitsu purposes, but yeah.

Yeah, fairly one-sided match here. Not only were the ninjitsus doing work, mediator's status did its part as well. GG.

Team couldn't quite pull it together. All they needed to do was reach the oracle, but they couldn't because of Doku's high damage jumps from monk + lancer. Not to mention, yeah, too many missed Raise 2's. Geo's damage was quite disappointing, too. GG.

Reks

October 19, 2014, 11:13:01 am #3530 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:39:24 am by Reks
Thanks for the matches, Barren.

I've also come to realize.

I don't have enough teams. Sure, SWA is nice and it's proven itself (at least, I think it has) to be a fairly formidable team.

But everyone knows what SWA does. Nobody requests a match against them because it's simple and clear-cut. If you can't out-damage SWA's healing/disrupt them with status/counter their element with absorption, they're likely to eventually win, pending RNG.

They don't deviate much from what they're designed to do.

Anyway, I feel that I should break away from the proven-and-effective and experiment a bit. So I guess, look forward to more experimental funsies from me, even if they're bound to suck.

EDIT: Feel free to give me any criticism you feel inclined to actually give me. I know I'm not perfect as a team-creator. So I don't mean anything arrogantly when I said SWA was likely to win: I'd simply used their history as a reference for wins and losses. They won against teams based on maps and/or the opposing team's inability to get through what I pointed out before, or purely based on the whim of the RNG.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Fenire

October 19, 2014, 04:28:05 pm #3531 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:45:53 am by Fenire
Thank you for the matches Barren. 2 for 1 I feel special ;)
High ground worked perfectly with the exception of the archer not using hawk's eye, but I don't think it was really needed in the situations. GG Dol
Faith backfired there. I was hoping for higher numbers from the mediator with the black robe/faith combo. Back to the drawing board with that team. GG TrueLight. ps. macrame has a two ways it can be pronounced.

Leif1991

Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Reks

Quote from: Leif1991 on October 19, 2014, 05:09:02 pm
Aww nobody does my matches...

I have a new team, so if Barren, CT5, Otabo, or Truelight are willing to record I'd love to be your opponent.

Note: I made the team rather quickly, didn't have time to fully calculate JP on the last two units. If they're over, cut out the most expensive JP cost, please. I have to head into work very soon, so I don't have the time until Wednesday to really fix them (assuming something is over.)

PS: Music request for it

Shintroy

I like how Barren matches up teams.
Laptop kicked the bucket today. Never got to submit my updated teams. Just wanted to fish trout and kill chickens. I'll be back in a month.

Barren

The music you wanted reks says that the video doesn't exist. But since you have a new team ready I can do a match with you vs leif this morning.

And thanks Shintroy for the nice words. I like to make interesting matchups for you guys. Even sometimes some to most emd up one sided
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: Barren on October 20, 2014, 03:18:41 am
The music you wanted reks says that the video doesn't exist. But since you have a new team ready I can do a match with you vs leif this morning.

And thanks Shintroy for the nice words. I like to make interesting matchups for you guys. Even sometimes some to most emd up one sided

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Barren. I fixed that one JP issue.

Also, happy birthday! Sorry I hadn't realized it WAS until I checked Skype, but regardless, I hope you have a good one~

Leif1991

Thanks Barren for the video and the tips! GG Reks!
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Reks

Very educational, though I never had a chance against that team of Lief's.

Further reinforces my thought that if I want an offensive mage to STAY offensive she can't have revival. SWA got away with it, but that's only because every unit was similar and had SOME form of revival.

Advice on the Archer taken and will be added, though you made an oopsie, Barren: He wasn't supposed to have Leg Aim. His purpose was to disrupt mages and occasionally boost -ton damage.

I'll rework the team along with adding a new one later tonight. Thanks for the match, and I do hope you had a good birthday~