• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:36:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[HELP] - Cant put elmdor image

Started by rafaduarte7, July 01, 2016, 01:09:28 am

rafaduarte7

Hey guys, first sorry for my english, just portuguese i can talk good enought :D Well... I tried to create an Elmdore in my team, but on the hall and in the moment u put he in battle show another character, the pic is ok and already in battle shows the correct character. How to fix it?

Nyzer

Formation Screen sprites and Character sprites are two different things, and there are way more Character sprites than there are Formation ones.

So that means there are many, many characters out there like Elmdor that don't have a Formation sprite at all, which is why they appear incorrectly.

You can:

- Ignore it
- Switch the sprite slot of Elmdor with a sprite that has an unused or unnecessary slot (for example, Teta has an unused Formation slot, while Mustadio and Agrias have both a Guest formation slot and a Joining formation slot when they only need one each), then go through the ENTD and make sure those sprites are set correctly.
- Use a tool to change which Character sprite is tied to which Formation sprite, then overwrite the Teta Formation sprite with one for Elmdor. (I don't know anything about this part myself, sorry.)

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

rafaduarte7

How to change another characts sprite ? Cant just find the sprite and put in the hall and battle formation ?

Nyzer

July 01, 2016, 02:28:53 am #3 Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:32:40 am by nyzer
No, you can't just put their sprite in the Formation hall. There are way fewer slots in the Formation hall than the standard battle sprite set, because most of the sprites were never intended to be party members.

That said, you CAN replace an unused Formation sprite, such as Teta (who never joins, not even as a Guest) using FFTEVGRP, and make that Formation sprite link to Elmdor's battle sprite instead with some tool that has that capability (I know there is one, I just can't remember it off the top of my head). the tool named UWEntries.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

• Modding version: PSX