• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:24:02 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Jon's Events

Started by Jon, August 30, 2012, 10:45:45 am

3lric

I will let you know if i come up with any good ideas, to tired to think right now.

But since I do like that more people are eventing lately, and we have a big lack of event videos on the
site besides what I've personally made and the few Xif and Pride have done, I'm going sticky this topic.

Keep it up Jon.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

I was bored so I made this event just for fun in about 20 minutes. Event editing sure helps pass the time, so get out there and event edit something awesome everyone! :mrgreen:

Like always, video on first post or the link to Youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1cQcjNMUyo
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

MiKeMiTchi

Okay, I'm going to be honest here. Your events are mediocre. Nothing special with them. Eventing isn't all about dialogue. You must make sure the visuals fall in to proper place. All the intro texts are rough, and some portraits like Marche's need to be fixed. If you don't fix those visuals, then it'll diminish the mood you want to portray to your viewers. Maybe others can stomach it, but for me, when I see some graphical glitches like those, I complain and lose focus with the following story. You also can do better than just making characters walk and talk! Add spell effects and experiment on creating different scenes such as fighting and chasing scenes. I want to see more of that.

Take it to the next level, Jon. ;P
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Jon

I don't want to take it to the next level yet, first I have to master stuff like walking and talking. Spell effects and attack animations are easy, the timing is a bit confusing though. Yeah, maybe my next event will be something a little better, I wanna take stuff step by step. I think you're right though Mike, they are pretty mediocre, then again I just started like one month ago...

Xifanie

Quote from: JonAn event I quickly made in about 20 minutes just for fun!

*just for attention
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Jon, it's very good that you are still making events, my fear however is that you are digging yourself into a hole.

You can only do so much with Displaymessage and Walkto, you've gotten branch out now man, I do know the
appeal to what you are doing because it is how i started, but my very first event with Cloud's intro, which
even at its earliest stages with all the talking, still included several effects as well as some action.

I can help you learn to do this things, but you gotta ask, I would hate to see you stop eventing before you
even start. If you'd like I can provide you with all the events that are in the Jot5 demo, so you can see how
everything was done (except the very first battle, cuz that contains stuff that is my secret :P, and took very
long to pull off)

Jon

You're right, I'll try to make something with some fighting or spell effects and the like. I'm kinda happy right now that I finally mastered (or more or less mastered) the camera, now I can make some better events. I feel like doing something FF IVish next! :mrgreen:

3lric

Try playing with the camera movements a bit more as well during a event, next time I see you on IRC I will show you some videos of what I mean,
I can't post them here tho, since Jot5 isn't out yet

Jon

Crits please, I am making a mod seriously now and I want this to look awesome. Thanks in advance! :mrgreen: (Oh and the weird "marching sound" at 52-57 seconds will probably get cut, the sound lasts way too long and doesn't make sense)