• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:39:32 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Capture Dat Flag!

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, May 10, 2011, 06:06:43 am

RavenOfRazgriz

(And Free-RP for this session is officially closed!  That was quite a number of pages!  And now, I present you with our first Battle Pane of the new session!  Good luck, everyone!)

----------Scenario Intro----------

The Cobra Corps. wrap up their cafeteria meeting, grabbing some food and heading off to get some early sleep.  If their opponents were indeed the Snap Dragons Corps., they would need to be well-rested for the day tomorrow.

"Hey, Atrius!  I haven't seen you in a while!  Is this your new squadron?" A tall man in his late 20-somethings with short, clean-cut brown hair greets them energetically. "You've got a lot of women on this one!  I'm kinda jealous..."

"Sorry to cut you short, Eugene, but we don't have time for pleasantries right now." Atrius replies to him as the others sit in the simulation machines, Atrius soon following them.

"Right, I understand.  I'll set the simulation up for you right away!" Eugene sits down at the console alongside some other techies. "You'll enjoy these simulation machines!  I've calibrated them to match your Mobile Suits perfectly!  It'll be just like fighting with the real things!"

"Ours are calibrated nice like that too I hope, Eugene!" a familiar voice says over the intercomm.

"Of course, Sieg!  You know I'd never mess over you guys!  You're my favorite guys to have in these simulations afterall!"  Eugene replies, setting up the details for the simulation.  "Alright, the rules are simple.  You'll both start at a base, and need to maneuver to the other team's base.  Once there, you capture their Flag and return it to your own base.  You can't claim a return if your own Flag isn't present, though!  This is also a one-stock game, so once you get shot down, it's game over!"

"So it's just the Snap Dragons, the Cobras, and the Flags, right Eugene?" Sieg asks in an oddly suspicious tone.

"Sorry sir, that's how it is.  No room for me to sneak in a simulated Godzilla this time."

"Damn..." Sieg replies, pouting.

"Captain, could you please take this seriously?  This simulation is important." a young but stern woman's voice speaks, half-admonishing the Snap Dragon Leader.

"Serenes, Serenes, Serenes... relax, okay?  It's just a simulation, let's have some fun!  Besides, why is this damned thing so important again?" Sieg begins thinking to himself for a moment before speaking. "Oh, right.  I bet that Setch fella that asked to be relegated to Base Defense 20 bucks that we'd win!  That's why!  If I remember right, the kid's exact words were that Atty-boy's team was 'about as cohesive as a stampede of bulls chasin' a rogue chicken' or something like that."

"Yes, Captain, that's exactly why this is such an important simulation.  Let's go with that." The pure hate coming from Serenes' otherwise monotone and serious voice is plain to hear.

"No pre-game banter, snake boy?" Sieg asks, teasing his fellow Corps. Leader. 

"Let's just get this over with, Sieg." Atrius replies to him in his blunt, no-nonsense tone.

"Pah... you're no fun, Atty.  Always such a stick up your ass!" Sieg draws a small sigh.  "Though, I'll have you know... I do pride myself at being pretty damn good at Capture the Flag!  So you better damn well keep me entertained or I'll be sorely disappointed, snake people."

"..." Atrius cuts the chatter, switching over to an ally-only comm line. "Alright, let's stick to our plan.  Team Spear will consist of myself, Rin, and Buliwyf.  Rin, you're the Capture the Flag expert, so you'll take command.  I'm trusting you to get us to that flag and back in one piece.  Rellia, you're Team Bear Trap.  Distract Sieg with some one on one in the center.  He'll likely get the other Snap Dragons not to attack you while he has his fun.  We need to keep him away from Team Shield as long as possible, ideally long enough for them to rebuke the Snap Dragons' initial offense first.  If they need to deal with one of Serenes' assault teams and Sieg at the same time, I don't think even five Mobile Suits will be enough to hold out.  Finally, May, you're in charge of Team Shield which will consist of everyone else.  I'll leave devising the best defensive strategy up to you.  Keep our Flag secure!   

Alright, Cobras, move out!"

Objective: Obtain the Snap Dragon Corps.' Flag and return it to your base while your own Flag remains!
Bonus Objective: Don't die!
Weather: Daytime, Clear.
Terrain: Surface, Desert.

(For a version without effects, click here!) Added the new effect image. - Celdia

(Tip: Stick together!  Teamwork is pivotal to success!  Remember that you're fighting against skilled, competent opponents out to kill you just as much as you're out to kill them!)

(Notes: The fences that surround the urban areas of each base are only knee high.  They can be walked over easily, without consuming an additional Action.  Moving at a running speed will require you take an Action to perform a hop to get other them, and you cannot Booster Dash through them.  Alternatively, you could smash them...  The water sections are all deep to nearly but not quite knee level.  Unless you're knocked prone while inside the water, it does not inhibit movement at all.  The rocks are Plateaus, taller than your Mobile Suit.  You can climb up onto any Plateau with 2 Actions, or use a Booster Jump to get up onto them more quickly at the expense of being more visible and consuming Booster Jump Fuel.)

(Time Limit: This Battle Pane closes at 12:26 AM on Monday.)

Snap Dragon Corps.:

Sieg Raus - Status: Alive!
Nagatsu Suranai - Status: Alive!
Christoph Penta - Status: Alive!
Serenes Heathraid - Status: Alive!
Ballack Samson - Status: Alive!
Cronus Shatterfield - Status: Alive!
Henry Von Eliono Travasky the 3rd - Status: Alive!
Chester Godsen - Status: Alive!
Maxwell Waller - Status: Alive!

Cobra Corps.:

Atrius Schliend - "The Viper"
MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type [Atrius Schliend Use.]
Pilot HP: 10.
Core HP: 40.
Sensor Active: Thermal.
Cloak Active: None.
Booster Jump Fuel: 2.
Booster Dash Range: 4.
Head: None.
Right Shoulder: Shoulder Shield - HP: 12.
Left Shoulder: Shoulder Spikes - Power: 8.
Right Hand: 120mm Automatic Rifle - Ammo: 12.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 120mm Automatic Rifle.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Automatic Rifle.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: 280mm Bazooka - Ammo: 4.

Lyra Leylande
RRF-06 Zanny
Core HP: 42.
Head: Dual Head Vulcan - Ammo: 200.
Right Shoulder: None.
Left Shoulder: None.
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun - Ammo: 99.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 120mm Machine Gun.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Low-Recoil Cannon.
Back Hip Clamp: 120mm Low-Recoil Cannon.

May Greenfield
MS-06K Zaku Cannon ["Merrygate"]
Sensor Active: Sonar.
Booster Jump Fuel: N/A.
Booster Dash Range: 2.
Head: Single Head Vulcan - Ammo: 100.
Left Shoulder: Shoulder Shield - HP: 12.
Back: Back Cannon System - Ammo: 8.
Right Hand: 280mm Bazooka - Ammo: 4.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 280mm Bazooka.
Front Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Front Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 175mm Mazella Top Cannon
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 280mm Bazooka.
Back Hip Clamp: 175mm Mazella Top Cannon - Ammo: 8.

Buliwyf Herger
MS-06C Zaku II Early Production Type
Sensor Active: None.
Right Hand: None.
Left Hand: None.
Left Forearm: Worker Zaku Forearm Crane.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for Shotgun.
Left Hip Clamp: Shotgun - Ammo: 8.
Back Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk ["Skinning Blade"].

Rellia Lunar
YMS-07A Gouf Prototype
Core HP: 46.
Cloak Active: Sonar.
Booster Jump Fuel: 3.
Booster Dash Range: 5.
Right Shoulder: Shoulder Spikes Kai - Power: 11.
Left Shoulder: Shoulder Spikes Kai - Power: 11.
Right Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk.
Left Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk.
Back Hip Clamp: Smoke Crackers - Ammo: 2.

Renae "Rin" Heathraid - "The Mad Mare"
MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type [Renae "Rin" Heathraid Use.]
Front Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Left Hip Clamp: Cracker Grenades - Ammo: 2.
Back Hip Clamp: Heat Sword.

Wesley Tress
MS-06F Zaku II
Cloak Active: Thermal.
Right Hand: 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.
Right Hip Clamp: Shotgun.
Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for Shotgun.
Back Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 175mm Mazella Top Cannon.

Quentin Bouteillevoix
MS-06F Zaku II
Front Right Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for Shotgun.
Front Left Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 120mm Machine Gun.
Back Hip Clamp: Heat Hawk.

Linear Leylande
MS-05B Zaku I
Core HP: 35.
Right Hand: 105mm Machine Gun - Ammo: 100.
Right Forearm: Heavy Shield - HP: 20. Contains Heat Sword?: Yes.
Left Hand: None - Doublehanding 105mm Machine Gun.
Right Hip Clamp: Sturm Faust - Ammo 2.
Left Hip Clamp: Sturm Faust - Ammo: 2.
Back Hip Clamp: Reserve Clip for 105mm Machine Gun.

Randomname

February 18, 2012, 01:06:48 am #581 Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:40:57 am by Randomname
"Team Spear, I think we should go straight left-field.  Their defenders will be expecting us to come out through their plateau maze, I just know it.  So we'll surprise 'em by coming through the base!"  Rin pulls out her Heat Sword with her suit's left arm.  Then, she begins running toward the left side of the map.  "Of course, if their offense team wants to come at our defenders through the plateau maze, we may end up having to play a little game with 'em.  Let's do this!"  With that, the Mad Mare enters the plateau maze, weaving through as carefully as she can while trying to maintain a brisk pace.  "The easy part is getting through our territory, the hard part will be getting through theirs undetected..."

Action 1; Equip Heat Sword @ Left
Action 2-5; Move in this pattern C40-> A38-> A25-> B25

Add. 1; If an Enemy is encountered enter into public comm. "COOOBRAAAAA!!"

Celdia

Seeing the terrain layout for the simulation, May mutters to herself. "What I wouldn't give for some Mobile Suit-sized claymore mines right about now..." With a heavy sigh she flips on her comm to Ally-only. "Team Shield, let's do this right because the Snap Dragons are only going to give us one chance. Wesley, I want you up on that Western bluff with your MTC. You claim to be a sniper, well here's your chance to prove it." She punches in coordinates for him that begin blinking on the radar. "That should give you an excellent view of the corridor through the plateau maze and a good view over the central lagoon. Climb up there slow, stay low, and I shouldn't have to tell you to keep that cloak on. The longer you can go without giving away your position, the better." She pauses for a moment to punch in another set of coordinates for Quentin. "Executor, back him up on the ground over there. I want you with eyes on those entryways just to our West and Northwest here and with enough space to empty that machine gun into anything stupid enough to try and come through them." Having given the Spears enough time to mobilize, she starts to ease her Zaku to the North a bit.(1) "Lylande Sisters, the East side is yours. Lyra, I want you with that light cannon over here-" she punches in more data for the radar map, "-keeping an eye on that lagoon and the Northern base area. If they start to get too close, don't hesitate to fall back and keep firing. Linear, back her up but try to keep an eye on that Southeastern corridor. If something gets too close by, I want you to tie it up and cut its legs off. Your model of machine gun isn't going to be of much use until we've weakened their armor some, so be ready to drop it and make use of your heat sword should the need arise."

Having moved up to her destination, May settles her Zaku into place and takes a knee(2), punching in targeting info for her Back Cannon. "If by some nasty turn of luck one of them gets their hands on the flag, then I want Quentin recovering it and the rest of you harrying whoever is trying to get away with it, so be ready for that order should it come. Otherwise, no one leaves this base area, is that clear?! We will NOT have another clusterfuck like what happened in Canada if I can help it. Stay on the ground and make your shots count - we don't need kills, we just need to disable them - so go for their legs if you can manage it. If they can't move, then they can't take our flag anywhere. As for me, I'm going to try and rattle their beehive a bit." She pauses again and begins the firing sequences for her Cannon.(3-4) "Now. How about a nice greeting for our esteemed opponents in this little wargame?" Her grin is almost audible across the comm as her new cannon looses a shell high into the sky and deep into the enemy's base. May flips her comm over to public and shouts, "Hello, Snap Dragons and welcome to the Cobras' desert where your Mobile Suits are going to bleach in the sun! I hope you're ready to go home with your scaly tails between your legs!" May kills her public comm and scans the skies for anyone stupid enough to booster jump. (5)

1: Move to N33.
2: Take a knee to ready for firing Back Cannon.
3-4: Drop a cannon shell on N3, just next to the enemies' flag. (Rounds Remaining: 7)
5: Shoot anything dumb enough to get within range of her bazooka.

~Coordinates Issued~
Wesley: I36
Quentin: M40
Lyra: Q34
Linear: Q40
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Durbs

"10-4," Wesley calls in response to May's orders. Moving to I-36 and scaling the wall (1-3), Wesley proceeds to his position on the plateau. He then crouches to stabilize his shots (4).

"If I see anything I'm going to wait until it gets close to take a shot. It won't do me any good if I can't get a decent hit. Two good shots should do it." (5)

1-3. Move to I-36 (scaling the wall in the process).
4. Crouch.
5. If any enemy seen, wait until within 21 spaces for the best possible shot. If any are fired, fire 2 per unit at their chest region (at the exposed pipe area); if not disabled, one more in the leg.

~If any enemy seen, relay their current position to allies.

MysticKnightFF5

1) Rellia booster jumps onto the plateau at 035, directly across from the flag, getting a very good visual of the entire field.
2-4) Rellia takes a evasive/defensive stance in case fired at.... Rellia will likely die now. xP

Rellia flips on the public comm and breathes creepily into it for a few moments before saying, "Hey! Is this thing on!? Oh well. Sieg! Ziggy~! Let's play together! I wanna play with you! I wanna have fun!" she blares over the comm.

5) She draws her Heat Hawks

NinjaWeazel

Buliwyf toggles his com switch to Ally-only. "Sounds good to me."  He kills the mic and presses a few buttons elsewhere, filling his cockpit with the sound of furious drums and driving guitar as his battered workhorse of a machine turns and heads into the nearby canyons.

1) move to A40
2) Move to A29
3) Move to C23
4) Held for defensive maneuver

Ryqoshay

On the allies-only channel, Quentin replies. "Aye, Ma'am." (1) As he moves to the spot designated by May. "So it is to be a waiting game, then." He continues, more to himself than anyone else, despite the channel still being open. "Not exactly my style, but autres temps, autres mÅ“urs I suppose..."

Actions
1: Move to M40
2-5: Hold Action: Fire upon those who may be foolish enough to come into range, using 120mm machine gun. Aim for legs first to disable, using three successive bursts (9 rounds) per target, per action, until disabled. If all units in range are disabled and held Actions remain, aim for weapons to disarm, using one burst (3 rounds) per target, per action, until disarmed.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

VampragonLord

Lyra gives the rest of the group a 5-count so that there is a bit less of a cluster going on before she moves to Q34 (1) calmly and standing her MS so its positioned right up against the rock, using whatever cover she can get from it. She then lets out a large sigh, kicks her targeting computer into gear, readying it for anyone who might try to close on her location. (2) She then slumped back into her chair ever so slightly, hands still on the trigger and still at the ready, but allowing herself a second to calm her nerves, her bubbly personality sinking away as she eases herself into her iron-minded piloting skills, lining her gun up to fire a lane of bullets down Q should any targets pass the 27 and continue towards her location. (3)

1) Move to Q34
2) Ready targeting computer for input, so its just awaiting a lock
3) If anything passes row 27 and is between Q and S, fire 21 machine gun rounds at it
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Mitsuru

As her open communication channel fades out in a static-filled humming, Linear nods her head in solemn agreement and turns her sharp eyes toward the roiling sands of the battlefield before her, glancing side to side at her companion, still amazed that Lyra was alive after all this time, a slight tinge of excitement scratched the smooth surface of her icy mind as she thought to herself how fortunate she was to be able to demonstrate both her prowess in combat and her intense care for her sister, but places a long-nailed hand gently against her brow, wiping it and her thoughts clean with a definitive stroke, as she begins to move, answering back on her radio,
"Yes, i'll head straight there."

She trudges down the short path toward her lookout post (1: move to Q40) beside the enormous rocky plateau, slumping against it and readying her left hand's coiled winch behind her shoulder, her other hand pressing her shield afront, ready to immediately switch to its holstered blade should fighting escalate, as she steadies herself, breathing slowly and watching the narrow overhang formed by the large rock formation to her left, ready to ensnare any enemies that get too close,  (2-5: hold action), prepared to draw them close, drop her machine gun, ineffective against any initial assault, and attack fiercely upon their legs with the heat sword sheathed within her heavy shield, in a vicious horizontal slice. However, if an enemy approaches from a considerable distance, she was prepared to throw her Sturmfausts forward from her left hand, as she gazed onward from her vantage point.

1) Move to Q40
2-5) Ready herself to snare targets who step into range of her utility crane's winch, drop her machine gun to slice her trapped target's legs with her heat sword. If a target approaches from a much further distance and is visible, she will launch her Sturmfausts at them instead.
Come watch my stream at www.livestream.com/nostalgia_gaming ! Comedy and video games abound! From classic to modern, we stream it there, with full voice commentary and music~

RavenOfRazgriz

February 18, 2012, 09:04:57 pm #589 Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:11:38 pm by Celdia
(Well, that was quick!  I'll be dividing the Resolution into segments for each Team Spear, Team Shield, and Team Bear Trap for easier reading for this fight.)

----------Battle Pane Resolution----------

Team Spear Turn Resolution

"Team Spear, I think we should go straight left-field.  Their defenders will be expecting us to come out through their plateau maze, I just know it.  So we'll surprise 'em by coming through the base!"  Rin pulls out her Heat Sword with her suit's left arm.  Then, she begins running toward the left side of the map.  "Of course, if their offense team wants to come at our defenders through the plateau maze, we may end up having to play a little game with 'em.  Let's do this!"  With that, the Mad Mare enters the plateau maze, weaving through as carefully as she can while trying to maintain a brisk pace.

"Sounds good to me." Buliwyf acknowledges, setting up his music so it'll be ready for a throw-down and following Rin into the maze. 

Atrius takes a moment to let them get ahead before following.  "I'll trail further behind.  If we meet the enemy attack force, I'll pick them off while they still think only two of us are advancing."  With that, he lurches his Mobile Suit forward, following the rest of Team Spear from a reasonable distance behind.

"The easy part is getting through our territory," the Mad Mare comments, "the hard part will be getting through theirs undetected..."

Team Shield Turn Resolution

Seeing the terrain layout for the simulation, May mutters to herself. "What I wouldn't give for some Mobile Suit-sized claymore mines right about now..." With a heavy sigh she flips on her comm to Ally-only. "Team Shield, let's do this right because the Snap Dragons are only going to give us one chance. Wesley, I want you up on that Western bluff with your MTC. You claim to be a sniper, well here's your chance to prove it." She punches in coordinates for him that begin blinking on the radar. "That should give you an excellent view of the corridor through the plateau maze and a good view over the central lagoon. Climb up there slow, stay low, and I shouldn't have to tell you to keep that cloak on. The longer you can go without giving away your position, the better." She pauses for a moment to punch in another set of coordinates for Quentin. "Executor, back him up on the ground over there. I want you with eyes on those entryways just to our West and Northwest here and with enough space to empty that machine gun into anything stupid enough to try and come through them." Having given the Spears enough time to mobilize, she starts to ease her Zaku to the North a bit. "Leylande Sisters, the East side is yours. Lyra, I want you with that light cannon over here-" she punches in more data for the radar map, "-keeping an eye on that lagoon and the Northern base area. If they start to get too close, don't hesitate to fall back and keep firing. Linear, back her up but try to keep an eye on that Southeastern corridor. If something gets too close by, I want you to tie it up and cut its legs off. Your model of machine gun isn't going to be of much use until we've weakened their armor some, so be ready to drop it and make use of your heat sword should the need arise."

"10-4," Wesley calls in response to May's orders. Moving to the coordinates May had given him and scaling the wall, Wesley proceeds to his position on the plateau, crouching to stabilize his shots. "If I see anything I'm going to wait until it gets close to take a shot. It won't do me any good if I can't get a decent hit. Two good shots should do it."

Following Wesley, Quentin replies. "Aye, Ma'am." As he moves to the spot designated by May. "So it is to be a waiting game, then." He continues, more to himself than anyone else, despite the channel still being open. "Not exactly my style, but autres temps, autres mœurs I suppose..."

Lyra gives the rest of the group a 5-count so that there is a bit less of a cluster going on before she moves calmly to where May indicated, standing her Suit so its positioned right up against the rock, using whatever cover she can get from it. She then lets out a large sigh and kicks her targeting computer into gear, readying it for anyone who might try to close on her location. Following that, she slumps back into her chair ever so slightly, hands still on the trigger and still at the ready, but allowing herself a second to calm her nerves, her bubbly personality sinking away as she eases herself into her iron-minded piloting skills, lining her gun up to fire a lane of bullets should any targets begin to move on her position.

Linear nods her head in solemn agreement as the communications fade to a static-filled hummong, turning her sharp eyes toward the roiling sands of the battlefield before her and glancing side to side at her companion.  Still amazed that Lyra was alive, a slight tinge of excitement scratched the surface of her mind as she thinks to herself  She places a long-nailed hand gently against her brow, wiping it and her thoughts clean with a definitive stroke as she begins to move, answering back on her radio. "Yes, I'll head straight there."  Linear trudges down the short path toward her lookout post beside the enormous rocky plateau, slumping against it and readying her left hand's coiled winch behind her shoulder, her other hand pressing her shield afront, ready to immediately switch to its holstered blade should fighting escalate.  She steadies herself, breathing slowly and watching the narrow overhang formed by the large rock formation to her left, ready to ensnare any enemies that get too close, or pull forth her Sturm Fausts and fire if something closes in from afar.

Having moved up to her destination, May settles her Zaku into place and takes a knee, punching in targeting info for her Back Cannon. "If by some nasty turn of luck one of them gets their hands on the flag, then I want Quentin recovering it and the rest of you harrying whoever is trying to get away with it, so be ready for that order should it come. Otherwise, no one leaves this base area, is that clear?! We will NOT have another clusterfuck like what happened in Canada if I can help it. Stay on the ground and make your shots count - we don't need kills, we just need to disable them - so go for their legs if you can manage it. If they can't move, then they can't take our flag anywhere. As for me, I'm going to try and rattle their beehive a bit." She pauses again and begins the firing sequences for her Cannon. "Now. How about a nice greeting for our esteemed opponents in this little wargame?" Her grin is almost audible across the comm as her new cannon looses a shell high into the sky and deep into the enemy's base.

Team Bear Trap Turn Resolution

Rellia uses a short Booster Jump to get on top of the plateau directly in front of her, intending to make herself an obvious target as planned as she moves each of her Heat Hawks into her Gouf's hands and prepares to move if enemy artillery opens fire on her.  She breathes creepily into the comm for a few moments before saying, "Hey! Is this thing on!? Oh well. Sieg! Ziggy~! Let's play together! I wanna play with you! I wanna have fun!"

As if on cue, a small burst of machine gun fire emanates from the oasis on the Snap Dragon side of the playing field, clearly not intended to actually hit anything as Sieg's voice comes up on the comm. "Just who I was hoping to see!  It's like Eugene knew I'd want a little playplace out here, even." Sieg stops on the green area directly before the river dividing the two sides, taking a defensive position with his Heavy Shield in front as he places his 105mm Machine Gun onto his empty Right Hip Clamp and draws the Heat Sword from his shield, the blade glistening as it heats up. "So come on, why don't you come down here and show me a good time, babe?"

"Captain!" Serenes' voice pops on the comm. "Clearly this is a trap!  Why would you ever do something so stu-..." Serenes' voice goes from being mildly shocked to being monotone and not surprised at all. "...Nevermind..."

"I'm doing it because defending the flag is boring!  You get to go raid their base and do all the fun stuff and leave me sitting twiddling my thumbs with Suranai!"

"That's because you do things like this, Captain..." Serenes says with a long, hate-filled sigh.

Taking the moment to butt-in, May flips her comm over to public and shouts, "Hello, Snap Dragons. and welcome to the Cobras' desert, where your Mobile Suits are going to bleach in the sun! I hope you're ready to go home with your scaly tails between your legs!"

"Goddamn, Atty-boy!" Sieg says with a laugh at May's outburst. "So many feisty women on your team!  I'm damn jealous!  But don't worry, girl, I'm sure there will be plenty of me left for you to have fun with when I'm done showing dear Rellia here a good time!"

Serenes sighs again. "I can't wait for my Request for Transfer to clear..."

Objective: Obtain the Snap Dragon Corps.' Flag and return it to your base while your own Flag remains!

(For a version without effects, click here!) Added the new effect image. - Celdia

(Tip: Stick together!  Teamwork is pivotal to success!  Remember that you're fighting against skilled, competent opponents out to kill you just as much as you're out to kill them!)

(Notes: The fences that surround the urban areas of each base are only knee high.  They can be walked over easily, without consuming an additional Action.  Moving at a running speed will require you take an Action to perform a hop to get other them, and you cannot Booster Dash through them.  Alternatively, you could smash them...  The water sections are all deep to nearly but not quite knee level.  Unless you're knocked prone while inside the water, it does not inhibit movement at all.  The rocks are Plateaus, taller than your Mobile Suit.  You can climb up onto any Plateau with 2 Actions, or use a Booster Jump to get up onto them more quickly at the expense of being more visible and consuming Booster Jump Fuel.)

(Time Limit: This Battle Pane closes at 9:04 PM on Monday.)

Snap Dragon Corps.:

MS-05S Zaku I Commander Type [Sieg Raus Use.]
Right Hand: Heat Sword
Left Forearm: Heavy Shield
Right Hip Clamp: 105mm Machine Gun

Cobra Corps.:

Right Hand: 120mm Automatic Rifle - Ammo: 12.

Lyra Leylande
RRF-06 Zanny

May Greenfield
Back: Back Cannon System - Ammo: 7.
Right Hand: 280mm Bazooka - Ammo: 4.

Buliwyf Herger

Rellia Lunar
YMS-07A Gouf Prototype
Right Hand: Heat Hawk.
Left Hand: Heat Hawk.
Right Hip Clamp: None.
Left Hip Clamp: None.

Wesley Tress
MS-06F Zaku II
Right Hand: 175mm Mazella Top Cannon - Ammo: 8.
Right Hip Clamp: Shotgun - Ammo: 8.

Quentin Bouteillevoix
MS-06F Zaku II

Linear Leylande
MS-05B Zaku I

Durbs

February 18, 2012, 09:30:40 pm #590 Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:05:58 pm by Durbs
(OOC: @Everyone: Raven pointed out to me a mistake I made with my weapon. It'll one-shot anything with a good hit, not the more sniper-like way I was using it.)

Wesley laughs at May's comment, but continues to carefully observe the canyon for suits (1).

Realizing something, Wesley adds, "Guys, I have a shot at Sieg. Do I take it or not? I can't make any guarantees, and I would definitely give away my position, but I could free up Rellia for Team Sword if this goes well. Yea or nay?"

After hearing May's advice, Wesley nods and takes his focus back to the canyons.

1-2. If any enemy seen (with the exception of Sieg), wait until within 21 spaces for the best possible shot and then fire at the exposed-pipe chest area.

3-4. Shot 2 under the same conditions as the first

5. (Saved for possible use)

MysticKnightFF5

1) Rellia moves to N23

"Yay! I get to play with Ziggy!" she cheers over the public chat, although if you saw her in her cockpit, you'd see she was wearing a very intense face with absolutely no energy wasted on useless motions.

2-5a) Evasive maneuvers, if it can't be evaded, defend. Or just do both at the same time, whatever.
2-5b) If he does a retardedly overexaggerated move like a jumping slash--which I'm sure he will, counter with a smoke bomb to the face during a dodge. Dodge/defend for remaining actions.

Celdia

February 19, 2012, 06:56:06 am #592 Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:14:27 am by Celdia
  May curses quietly to herself and flips over to the ally-only comm as she moves Merrygate back onto her feet (1-2), "Wesley you are not, I repeat, NOT to engage with Sieg. That goes for the rest of you, too, Shield. I don't want any of you after him unless he tries to take this flag. There is a reason the Captain gave Rellia that assignment. Sieg is the fastest thing we've seen on two legs and Rellia is the only one that can keep up. Trust me, that big gun of yours will never touch him even if it looks like he won't see it coming. You keep your barrel aligned on that plateau maze over there for now. I don't want you breaking concealment over Sieg. I don't have a cloak to worry about though, so..." As she nears her new position, May looses a round into the lagoon aimed nearby to Sieg's last position (3), hoping to give the enemy the sense that she is either still totally green or just as hot-headed as Sieg. Flipping back to the public comm she returns Sieg's taunt with a teasing lilt to her voice, "But what if I don't want to wait? Aren't you man enough to handle two women at once?" She flips the comm back to ally-only as she settles into her position with her back to the bluff Wesley is on. (4-5) As she levels her bazooka in front of her, May's usual calm tone carries across the radio, "Just do as I say and not as I do, Shield. I want them watching me so they never see you until it's too late. Wesley, as a sniper you should know all about the waiting game, though I suspect we won't have to wait much longer."

1-2: Stand, move to L34.
3: Fire Bazooka to drop a round at M18. (Rounds Remaining: 3)
4: Take a knee.
5: Ready Bazooka to fire on any non-Sieg enemy units that come into range.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Ryqoshay

February 19, 2012, 09:13:25 pm #593 Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:40:49 am by Ryqoshay
   "La patience paye, kid." The Executor says in a bemused tone. "Patience is a virtue." He repeats in English. Though his words are aimed at the young sniper, he is reminding himself as much as his ally.

Actions:
1-5: Hold Action: Fire upon those who may be foolish enough to come into range, using 120mm machine gun. Aim for legs first to disable, using three successive bursts (9 rounds) per target, per action, until disabled. If all units in range are disabled and held Actions remain, aim for weapons to disarm, using one burst (3 rounds) per target, per action, until disarmed.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Randomname

Rin flips over to public comm.  "Siiiiieg!  Speaking of feisty ladies, it'sa me, Renae!!  How you been big boy~?  I do hope you save energy for wrasslin' with the Mad Mare, hahaha!!"  Sneaky Zaku sneaky through the enemy base.

Action 1-3; Move to D18->E14->A10
Action 4-5; Move to A4->F2

VampragonLord

Taking the cue from celdia, she falls back slightly, only enough to be obscured more behind the rock, letting celdia draw as much attention as she pleased, readying herself to open fire on anyone dumb enough to show themselves, waiting until she has a clear lock on the target before giving away her own position.

1) Fall back to R36
2-5) Open fire on anything that comes within range on her side of the fence, anticipating enemies from the east, near the buildings.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Mitsuru

Slides herself toward the slanted wall of the sheer rock face beside her mobile suit, taking cover behind its angled edge and glancing out toward the low coridoor that provided the furthest avenue of attack their force could come under fire from, preparing herself to deal with any enemies that might come from the extreme southeast,.

1) Move to R39.
2-5) If approached by a single unit at medium vision distance, attempt to snare it using her winch, aiming for the legs first, before switching to a melee attack, discarding her machine gun, but trying to hold her position behind the plateau. If the enemy approaches from a considerable distance, she will instead fire a round of Sturmfausts toward them.
Come watch my stream at www.livestream.com/nostalgia_gaming ! Comedy and video games abound! From classic to modern, we stream it there, with full voice commentary and music~

NinjaWeazel

Buliwyf waits under cover until Sieg is hopefully distracted by the incoming bazooka rounds and taunting, then quickly urges his suit across the stream and into the cover of fallen buildings.  He pops the safety off his winch, readying it for action as he heads towards the flag.  "Alright, pre-arranged signal.  If I run into anybody, they'll scream."  He deftly works the control-sticks, just like reef-sprinting on Alpha Gamma 07 when he was hunting Nova-sharks.

1) Move F14
2) Move A7
3) Move H8
All other actions held for counter-attacks and defensive maneuvers.

RavenOfRazgriz

February 20, 2012, 08:03:55 pm #598 Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:13:48 pm by Celdia
(Still dividing the Resolution into segments for each Team Spear, Team Shield, and Team Bear Trap for easier reading for this fight.)

----------Battle Pane Resolution----------

Team Spear Turn Resolution

Team Spear pauses a moment as May and Rellia commence their distract-Sieg antics before moving forward, Renae tossing her own quip into the mix as Rellia and Sieg duel.  "Siiiiieg!  Speaking of feisty ladies, it'sa me, Renae!!  How you been big boy~?  I do hope you save energy for wrasslin' with the Mad Mare, hahaha!!"

"Renae?" Sieg asks, a bit surprised, "Hell are you doing with the snakes?  Haven't seen you around in ages!"

"Wait..." Serenes' voice interrupts, a bit of unnatural surprise in it. "Rin?  I heard you got yourself killed with that gaudy Zaku of yours.  Have you at least learned that weapons of war shouldn't be painted bright gold?"

A gruff, heavily-accented Asian voice pops on over the comm now. "Isn't she a family member of yours, Serenes?  The one that likes to wear that ugly beret?"

"Sadly she is, Suranai..."

"I heard once she started calling herself the Mad Hare or whatever it was, she started getting her Zakus painted even uglier than that beret was!" Suranai lets out a gruff laugh and can clearly be heard taking a swig of something over the comm. "Easy to see, easy to kill!"

"Alright, pre-arranged signal.  If I run into anybody, they'll scream." Buliwyf says once the banter dies down, taking the safety off his winch and leading the trio onto the enemy's territory.  He works his controls deftly as he begins maneuvering his way between the various buildings, intent on pressing himself into one to hide.  As he maneuvers between the building and nears his target, however, a Zaku II rounds the building opposite of the one he's heading for and slashes his chest with a half-primed Heat Sword, the weapon finishing lighting up as the offending Zaku pulls its Heavy Shield in front of itself defensively and begins blaring Vulcan rounds into the downed Buliwyf.

"You fools!  You advance too eagerly!" Serenes admonishes over the main comm as her Vulcans slowly intend to swiss-cheese Buliwyf's machine.

"COOOBRAAAAA!!" Rin screams into the comm, attempting to move in to help Buliwyf but forced back as a Zaku I rounds the corner, hailing Rin with machinegun fire and forcing her to press her back to the back of the building Buliwyf originally was trying to sneak himself toward, though her outburst and near-attack is enough to get Serenes to switch her Vulcan focus to her instead of Buliwyf.

Buliwyf, meanwhile, attempts to use the confusion to get to his feet, but as he looks at the building behind Serenes he notices another Zaku II standing atop it, holding a Mazella Top Cannon primed for his cockpit. "Say goodnight, snake," the rather young-sounding Chester Godsen says as he prepares to fire, though just before he pulls the trigger, a shot rings out from behind Rin and Buliwyf, nailing the Mazella Top Cannon's exposed clip and causing the tank ammo to explode, taking the gun with it and causing Chester to stumble backward some.  Just as he regains footing, a second shot fires true, blasting his Zaku's head clean off and causing him to quickly retreat off the far side of the building.

"Enemy sniper!  Pull back!" Serenes commands over the comm, reaching her arm with the Heavy Shield equipped around and tossing a Smoke Cracker onto the ground, covering the area she ambushed Buliwyf in with smoke.  As she goes to move away, Buliwyf quickly reacts to try and keep her in place, tossing forward his Forearm Crane and wrapping it around her Suit's left arm. "...A crane? What idiot brings a crane to a Mobile Suit fight?!" Serenes curses at this clearly unexpected development as her and Buliwyf are consumed by the smoke.

Team Shield Turn Resolution

Wesley surveys the canyon that Team Spear has just vacated, waiting in case some threat sneaks around them and attempts to attack home base before having a realization. "Guys, I have a shot at Sieg. Do I take it or not? I can't make any guarantees, and I would definitely give away my position, but I could free up Rellia for Team Spear if this goes well. Yea or nay?"

May curses quietly to herself and flips over to the ally-only comm as she moves Merrygate back onto her feet, "Wesley you are not, I repeat, NOT to engage with Sieg. That goes for the rest of you, too, Shield. I don't want any of you after him unless he tries to take this flag. There is a reason the Captain gave Rellia that assignment. Sieg is the fastest thing we've seen on two legs and Rellia is the only one that can keep up. Trust me, that big gun of yours will never touch him even if it looks like he won't see it coming. You keep your barrel aligned on that plateau maze over there for now. I don't want you breaking concealment over Sieg. I don't have a cloak to worry about though, so..." As she nears her new position, May looses a round into the lagoon aimed nearby to Sieg's last position, hoping to give the enemy the sense that she is either still totally green or just as hot-headed as Sieg.  Sieg's already begun his advance on Rellia, however, so the shot whiffs entirely, nailing the water and sending it up in a glorious spray as she flips back to the public channel. "But what if I don't want to wait? Aren't you man enough to handle two women at once?"

She flips the comm back to ally-only as she settles into her position with her back to the bluff Wesley is on.  As she levels her bazooka in front of her, May's usual calm tone carries across the radio, "Just do as I say and not as I do, Shield. I want them watching me so they never see you until it's too late. Wesley, as a sniper you should know all about the waiting game, though I suspect we won't have to wait much longer."

Wesley nods and maintains his perch, both Leylande sisters moving to get some better cover as Quentin pops up on the ally chat.  "La patience paye, kid." The Executor says in a bemused tone. "Patience is a virtue." He repeats in English. Though his words are aimed at the young sniper, he is reminding himself as much as his ally.

Team Bear Trap Turn Resolution

"Yay! I get to play with Ziggy!" Rellia cheers on the public channel as she advances toward Sieg, though her face is clearly serious. 

"That's the spirit!" Sieg replies, his boosters warming up as he readies his shield in front of him. "I hope you're ready!" His Zaku Booster Dashes forward, his green Heavy Shield in front of him and clearly aided by High-Mobility Boosters.  Rellia Booster Dashes backwards into the oasis behind her to dodge, before strafing sideways to dodge a burst of Vulcan rounds from Sieg.  He Booster Dashes at her again, this time attempting a slash with his Heat Sword that Rellia also dodges with a backwards Booster Dash.  She motions to reach for her Smoke Crackers, but Sieg breaks his advance and instead Booster Dashes away from her, maintaining a defensive position.

"Aren't you gonna even fight back, Rellia?" He asks, clearly having hoped for some back-and-forth in this duel as his Zaku's mono-eye moves from Rellia to May and back again.  "Fine then!  I'll take both of you on at once if you want, just don't get mad if I get a bit serious on you!"

(Time Limit: This Battle Pane closes at 8:00 PM on Wednesday.)

Snap Dragon Corps.:

MS-05S Zaku I Commander Type [Sieg Raus Use.]
Head: Single Vulcan
Right Shoulder: Shoulder Spikes
Left Shoulder: Shoulder Spikes
Right Hip Clamp: 105mm Machine Gun

MS-06F Zaku II
Head: Single Vulcan
Right Shoulder: Shoulder Shield
Back Hip Clamp: Smoke Crackers

NOTE: Left arm is winched by Buliwyf.

MS-06F Zaku II
Right Shoulder: Shoulder Shield
Right Hand: Empty
Left Hand: Empty

NOTE: Head destroyed, accuracy down!

MS-05B Zaku I
Right Hand: 120mm Machine Gun
Left Hand: Doublehanding 120mm Machine Gun

Cobra Corps.:

Right Hand: 120mm Automatic Rifle - Ammo: 10.

Lyra Leylande
RRF-06 Zanny

May Greenfield
Back: Back Cannon System - Ammo: 7.
Right Hand: 280mm Bazooka - Ammo: 3.

Buliwyf Herger
Core HP: 26.

NOTE: Currently winched to Serenes Heathraid's left arm.

Rellia Lunar
YMS-07A Gouf Prototype
Right Hand: Heat Hawk.
Left Hand: Heat Hawk.
Right Hip Clamp: None.
Left Hip Clamp: None.

Wesley Tress
MS-06F Zaku II
Right Hand: 175mm Mazella Top Cannon - Ammo: 8.
Right Hip Clamp: Shotgun - Ammo: 8.

Quentin Bouteillevoix
MS-06F Zaku II

Linear Leylande
MS-05B Zaku I

NinjaWeazel

Buliwyf doesnt gloat... or say much of anything over the coms, really.  He leaps in the general direction of the enemy Zaku and hits the reel on his winch, musing to his own empty cockpit.  "You know what they say.  If you cant bring the fish to you, you go to the fish."  He tucks his shoulder and lets his shield eat the majority of the impact against Serenes shield, swiftly moving to take her down before she can go on the offensive.

1-4) Somebody's getting grappled and dismantled.