• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:35:19 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 1 ☢ ☢ ☢ (FINISHED!)

Started by Gaignun, May 01, 2012, 03:48:46 am

dinosaur

UGH! My chemist is suppose to have phenix down. Whatever. And why weren't my priest doing holy to the bard? I thought the bards do not have any items that absorb Holy. I must be missing something. Anyways, I should have taught them comet. I have silly mistakes... I do not fully understand the AI .... so it makes sense.

Barren

I think dinosaur what happened was that your chemist was stuck in attacking rather than resurrecting somehow and plus your bard did not have anything to absorb holy, you gave him auto shell setiemson. magic ring is what you would have wanted to absorb holy
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

I guess my thief wasn't sexy enough :| He didn't land a single charm throughout the 3 rounds and that resulted in wasted turns. Kiyomori was the real killer here and it didn't help that my team couldn't cure blind very well. The outcome of each match was determine by the squires and their ability to kill their counterpart the quickest. GG Leif and GL in your next match.
  • Modding version: PSX

skiploom188

I know it's late but...

Netherworld Match 57 Result - Reks vs Taichii
WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS

Sorry for the delay, RL's settling in now...
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Taichii

fanatic.. wahaha!
thanks very much for accepting the music request XD i guess it kinda kicked in the battle spirit in both teams
:D
and AWSM! .hacksign , wild arms epic music is epic XD
Pride GG :) nice match.. rock and roll :D

skiploom
WAHAHAHA random dancin' made me laugh very hard :DD
thank you very very much XDV
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Barren

With the final four set up as of now I'll give my train of thought of each team

Record thus far: 6 wins 0 loses (never having to go to a round 3) He won the season 5 1.3 A.I. Tournament and wouldn't surprise me if he won because his team is pretty capable of taking out even the fiercest teams. though for his opponent I fear the RNG may get in his way because of the insult talk skill. No one on his team is physical at all so he may be at a disadvantage. He could still rock the underworld though.

Record thus far: 6 wins 0 loses (never having to go to a round 3) Despite what people may think of him personally considering his attitude change towards how he does his vids and what he thinks of FFT Arena personally, he does have a very effective squad. He takes down teams within 7-10 minutes unless the opponent has finger gaurd or berserk/poison/darkness protection which is rather uncommon in this tournament. His mission is to set everyone else straight that Arena needs a rehaul and that quickening is broken. While granted changes will be made after this tournament but they will be what it is whether he likes it or not. With that aside he may very well make the finals.

Record thus far: 8 wins 0 loses (never having to go to a round 3) Similar to Wiz's team except he takes status to a different direction with counter floods and sleep procs from the sleep swords. Unlike Wiz who built his thieves to be defensive and move-mp up with lots of speed building. Avalanche's thieves are more physical and anti-magic with flash hat innocent. Auto protect is a nice perk as well. His bard and oracle have also been very effective. Oracle being especially tough to bring down with Defense Up so its anyone's game honestly. He relies on the RNG so luck is in his favor.

Record thus far: 6 wins 1 loss (CT5Holy forced him to a tie breaker) Definitely the most hardcore team to make it this far to the final four. Plain and simple OHKO heaven, nuff said. As long as everything go his way he'll make it to the final round the way he likes to do it. And that is destroy everything in sight

As much as Wiz's team is highly annoying but effective, formerdeathcorps will claim his place as the FFT Arena Season 1 champion because his team should hit hard enough to force Wiz in the defensive long enough. *fingers crossed*

Celdia

...well, that went about as well as expected. -_-
GG, FDC.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

CT5Holy

Paralyze vs Insult. =P

Kiyomori from Wiz is irrelevant (until Berserk lands), and no one can cure Don't Act. Don't Act + high speed = big problem. Well, Don't Act in general is a problem, but it's a very big problem if you can't quickly get rid of it.
Zombie is another big problem for Wiz - Regen becomes his only method of healing (which works out ok, given that his team is fast), and Auto Potion will now hurt his Thieves.
So yeah, that Oracle will probably be Gaignun's most important unit. Although that Bard's Holy will also do relevant amounts of damage. hmm

If Wiz lands a Berserk though... against Gaignun, there is no drawback to Berserk. Two low PA Rune Blades + Bag + Magic Gun, which doesn't get a damage boost from Berserk = no relevant increase in damage + all skills are shut off. Absolutely huge.

Should be fun to watch!

Avalanche's team is actually fairly similar to mine - two fast people, one hard hitter, one support. However, his damage output is worse than mine, and dropping fdc's units is absolutely critical. Avalanche's bard, his main damage dealer, is also the one unit without Defense UP/Protect - he is going to get crushed by probably fdc's Lancer. That being said, Raise 2 is probably better than Cure 3, so Avalanche might want his units to die, except if they're only going to get OHKO'd again...

And the other units are still going to get 2HKO'd, most likely. Maybe 3 for the Thieves if Auto Potion goes off. Also notable is that the Thieves are effectively immune to the Scholar between Innocent and Earth Clothes. So that's definitely good for Avalanche, except the Thieves will probably spend their turns using X-Potion, which is very not good against fdc.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

skiploom188

I wonder who will win. And I wonder if I'll make a video out of it without their knowing...
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

skiploom188

Hmmm, little activity going on here huh? Oh well.

Anyway...

Match 37 Result - CT5Holy vs formerdeathcorps

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Taichii

as doku said...
GOOO~~ DESPERATION RP'ers~!!
haha
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Barren

Reks

Damn.... Just damn...... GG!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

dacheat

Quote from: Barren on May 30, 2012, 06:15:39 pm
FFT Arena Season One A.I. Tournament Match 43 Gaignun vs Wiz

Clash of the titans. Epic match. My favorite so far (including mine :P). Wiz got a bit unlucky in round 3 with berserk not hitting early, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I have a feeling that we'll be seeing these two rematch in the finals.

CT5Holy

Good show, gentlemen. Was indeed fun to watch. :D

Thanks skiploom! That's so like my Archer to miss his shots XD (no seriously, he missed so much in testing. quite infuriating.)
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

TrueLight

Geomancer bringing the pain! Slashes from the Thieves made the Geomancer a beast and the Bard was very deadly with Holy. Quite surprised at the amount of Don't Acts landing considering that all of Wiz's units have 40 faith, but it happens.  Very fun match to watch!

Wiz

Normally I wouldn't comment under these circumstances since I was booted from making vids for no legitimate reasons provided whatsoever (And the fact that the patch itself is horribly imbalanced along with the arbitrary rules that it foolishly abides by), but due to the unfortunate loss, I'm pretty much obligated to (This is a tourney afterall and the only reason why I'm even investing time into Arena as of now, to obtain the crown).

Worst case scenario occurred (which is pretty rare) in that Gaignun won due to luck exclusively by dodging berserk frequently (5/8 in R1 and 2/2 in R3) whilst inflicitng negative statii at the same time via the oracle consecutively. (At lower % chances mind you).

Just to give you a general idea of how lucky he was throughout this match...

.36 *.36 (Dodging 2x in a row) = .1296 = 12.96%

.64 * .64 *.64 * .64 (Getting hit by Berserk 4x in a row) ~~ 16.78%

tl;dr Odds were highly in my favor to win in R1, and the way only Gaignun can take R1 (And beat my team in general) is if Berserk misses more often than it hits and he capitalizes on it, which he did.

As for the match itself, I was suprised at how much MA the Geomancer accumulated via MA Save and the number of missed opportunities there were with Insult, but with the AI prioritizing Kiyomori over it, that was not meant to be. My favorite part in that round was probably the Mediator getting up from undead two times (I think) in a row because that gave me a little hope that something good would come out of it. R2 was expected since large maps are where I'm at the greatest advantage (And the result here is generally how all rounds play out between our two teams once 2/4 units are berserked). R3 on the other hand, I pretty much got a giant ass whoopin as punishment for missing Berserk twice in a row.

All in all, it was still enjoyable while it lasted (Although somewhat annoying that it's reminiscent of last season I have to admit) even with the RNG Gods cursing me and blessing Gaignun.

And dacheat, the only way I'll be making it to the championship match with certainty is if fdc ends up winning the Finals match and I get pitted against Gaignun again.

A maxed out PA/MA setup, i.e., fdc's team, berserked heavy hitters like ninjas with Attack UP and Angel Rings, and AU Stone Gun wielders, are pretty much my team's only major weaknesses (Assuming the damage is concentrated) and Gaignun's team is a pseudo-weakness of mine (Ninjitsu too) if the odds decide to get screwy with me as demonstrated in this match. Other than that, my team pretty much beats everything else that doesn't have berserk immunity (Ribbon, Diamond Armor, Defense Ring).

tl;dr Assassinate my team with very high damage outputs and potentially by status via luck, or slowly but surely be assassinated.

When I say "pseudo" I mean it's a least something I can competently cope with and have a good chance of making a comeback. Just to end it off, consider this, berserk cancels and minimizes these units to being essentially ineffective...

- ALL Mages
- Kagesougi Magic Gunners
- Draw Out Users
- Ninjitsu Spammers
- Item Bots
- Singers and Dancers
- Talk Skillers
- Jumpers
- Elemental Users (Geomancy weilders)
- Armor Breakers

....and the list goes on and on.

Anyways, enough of the excuses, I've got better things to be doing.

Barren

At least you can take a loss like a man Wiz XD

but with that aside, you still showed that your team can wreck havoc with little or no preparation against insult so pat yourself on the back