• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Who here likes Suikoden, writing and/or game dev?

Started by Yensoo, March 02, 2014, 02:16:42 pm

Yensoo

My name is Austin, I'm the game lead and lead artist for a Suikoden sequel game. I don't know that this website will be the best for this, but we were hoping to find a couple like minded people that would like to be part of the project.
Our lead writer Tim is a pretty busy guy so we mainly need help in the brainstorming/plot writing area. (Though other areas like art/spriting and stuff can always be useful)

About the project:
We are planning to do a sequel to Suikoden 3 that will take place in the year 485 or so. It will feature Harmonia heavily.
We will be having a full 108 stars to recruit and hopefully all the other staples of a Suikoden game.
We don't have a lot to show yet, on account of needing a plot before doing most of the concept art. But I'll put a few of the concepts we have so far in the spoiler below.
We have a dedicated programmer working on rebuilding the Suikoden 2 engine from the ground up, so it will play like an actual Suikoden game and not a weird RPGmaker-Suikoden hybrid.

The team so far:
Austin (Project Lead/Lead Artist)
Tim (Lead Writer)
Ben (Lead Programmer)
Zachary (Writer/Potential Composer)
Stephen (Writer)
Hayley (Artist)

Clive:

Hero Concept:

Random Concepts:

Circle rune concept:

Alpha engine screenshot:

Reks

I could easily help, since my current situation will leave me jobless very soon.

My skills as an artist are questionable: I haven't drawn in a while. I can write well, and composing is actually something I'm looking to college for soon.

Very nice current concepts, by the way.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Timbo

I haven't seen all of these yet. Good work. I'm really looking forward to seeing old man Viktor.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Yensoo

Awesome Reks, I'll send you a pm and we'll see what we can get you to help with :D

formerdeathcorps

I'd like to see this project succeed, as well.  Check your PMs.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

GuoJia

I can help write a story/ contribute to brainstorming. Have you read the original novel?

MasterGrand

I glad to hear that but I have question, your project in psx game or what ?
Let's be together !!

Angel

Quote from: MasterGrand on March 04, 2014, 06:23:56 am
I glad to hear that but I have question, your project in psx game or what ?
Quote from: Yensoo on March 02, 2014, 02:16:42 pmWe have a dedicated programmer working on rebuilding the Suikoden 2 engine

'Rebuilding' makes it sound like it isn't PSX, but I could be wrong.

I, for one, love Suikoden and wish it stayed 2D forever, though I have too much on my plate to contribute. Not to mention I never played more than hour of Suikoden 3... but I would very much love to play this when it's playable. Please please please keep us updated!
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

MasterGrand

Quote from: Toshiko on March 04, 2014, 07:36:37 am
'Rebuilding' makes it sound like it isn't PSX, but I could be wrong.

If PSX maybe but if not i don't think so.....
Let's be together !!

Timbo

The project is not a romhack. Ben is building a custom suikoden game builder. It's similar to rpgmaker but custom made for suikoden games.

MasterGrand

Quote from: Jack of All Trades on March 04, 2014, 10:47:43 am
The project is not a romhack. Ben is building a custom suikoden game builder. It's similar to rpgmaker but custom made for suikoden games.

Hmmmm is that so if rpgmaker no problem for me also I like create Animations battles .
Let's be together !!

Yensoo

Quote from: GuoJia on March 04, 2014, 01:42:07 am
I can help write a story/ contribute to brainstorming. Have you read the original novel?

I haven't read the novel, no. I'll send you a pm with some details. Thanks for the offer :D

Timbo

Is anybody here interested in Geology and map design. We're getting to the point where we need to start thinking about Geography. We'll need a map that unites the borders of Suikoden 2 and Suikoden 3 to create a useable Harmonia. As of Right now, the current map of Harmonia only has borders. Last night we were researching different types of bodies of water, when we realized that we need an expert. Does anybody want to be our cartographer?

formerdeathcorps

I know nothing about the game's lore, but I do like fiddling around with geography (and I do know quite a bit).  If you all want to discuss this further, I'll relay the details over PM.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.