• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Troubleshooting FFTPatcher! (Post all FFTPatcher questions here!)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, December 10, 2012, 01:31:47 pm

JoeCool

Can somebody pls make a patch that works on psn version for vita =/
BANNED

Xifanie

You were already told that nobody here works on Vita hacking.
Also, this is not the right topic for your request, because it is in no way related to FFTP.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Murex

For some reason, some of the spear animations are off in combat, and I also see some interesting sprite sheets for weapons in my Sushi (at the bottom of the list). I was wondering if some of those Unknown, or second table fields in the item tab of FFTPatcher change the weapon look in combat or not.

3lric

The only ones that are unused are the voodoo doll thing. Its not accessible since it was never put in.

If the spear animations look wrong, then you changed something you shouldn't have :P

Choto

No, the Unknown tabs are unknown... and the second table ID is... less unknown, but not quite what you're looking for.

However, fret not! To change the graphic and palette of in-battle weapon sprites, use on of Raven's workbooks which offers this functionality. Look in the important links thread to find his workbooks.

Zolias

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to ask this, but it does involve at least something I've noticed while using the FFTP, and I'd rather ask than make a blunder.  Feel free to move it into the correct area if I AM asking in the wrong place.

Under the job tab, I've noticed Ramza's Squire sets have an automatic immunity to the Traitor status.  Obviously, being the main character, he should be immune to becoming an enemy, for obvious reasons.  My question is whether or not that, since his sprite doesn't change when he changes his jobs, if his immunities transfer to whatever job he has, or if it's just hard-coded into the game that he just cannot be an enemy at all?  I'm asking because he's the only unit in the game to be able to have his faith increased beyond 93 (I believe) without deserting. 

I'm wondering because I'm in the very, VERY early stages of an attempt to create my own hacked version, and I want to know if it's possible to be able to have the few 'special' (in my game's case, human) units be unable to desert, regardless of an enemy's attempt to inflict Traitor or their Faith totals like the main character, regardless of when you get them in the storyline.

Any answers, or possible ideas in this regard, would be highly appreciated.

Choto

for special units (any job that's not 0x4a - 0x5d) if you give them immunity to invite, they won't be able to be invited. However, i believe they will still desert if their brave/faith is high/low enough. I think I have a hack to remove units leaving because of faith/brave... but it would apply to all units.

Jumza

Quote from: Choto on April 03, 2015, 12:51:00 pm
for special units (any job that's not 0x4a - 0x5d) if you give them immunity to invite, they won't be able to be invited

Does this apply to all immunities? Or just immunity to invite?
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Choto

It applies to all immunities... so you can make any job innately immune to any status.

Jumza

I think I may have misinterpreted what you said :P Whatever though.

Quote from: Choto on April 03, 2015, 12:51:00 pm
for special units (any job that's not 0x4a - 0x5d)

And I believe that even generic jobs can be made to be immune to invite.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Seph24

Hi everyone! I've been wanting to do a patch for a while and have been playing around with FFTpatcher for a couple of days now and have some questions. It's worth noting before I ask that one of the main intents is to NOT have anyone on the main formation screen or manage any ability learning or equips at all (besides Ramza). I wanna know if:

1) When generating controllable guests in the ENTD section, is the chance of "randomly present" set to 50%? Can that be changed?
2) Can those guests (both always present and randomly) be made to appear in the formation screen before the fight somehow, so that you can choose from those who are generated and place them normally yourself?
3) How can you manage what specific abilities generated guests learn? I know I can set up main and secondary job skills, r/s/m and equips, but I don't know if I can make a Black Mage know specifically Fire 1 and 2 for example.
4) Having the Equip Innate all ASM activated, let's say I equip a randomly generated guest in a fight with a sword I bought. At the end of the fight, given that the guest doesn't join the party, will I lose that sword forever? Will it appear in the fur shop with the "buy back stolem/broken items" ASM? (don't think so, but still worth asking)

EDIT: In question 4 I already know for sure that you indeed lose the equips you give the guests during the fight with "Equip Change". I'll report later if I find out if they can be bought back or not (which is probably a no).

Also I wanted to add another question:
5) Can Ramza's starting position be set with FFT patcher so that he start where I palce him and disregards his position on the battle formation screen? Or maybe it can be done but only editing events?
I think that's all for now, thx in advance!

Kaijyuu

Few questions:

1) What's the best way to ensure an enemy calculator has access to a lot of good spells (flare, holy, petrify, etc) without modifying the normal generic jobs in any player noticeable way? I don't want to mess with JP costs or requirements. (giving them access to dummy jobs or something is fine though)

2) I seem to recall hearing that I shouldn't use the Lucavi sprites for regular enemies. Some quick and not very thorough testing showed that they worked fine. Any pitfalls I might fall into, or is my memory shot?

3) I found a list of sprite numbers for most the generic jobs (basically what shishi says +1), but this doesn't include calculators, bards, dancers, or mimes. If I want to force one of those sprites for a unit, what numbers should I use?

3lric

To force a generic. Select either generic male, female, or monster as the spriteset. Then choose the job for the unit you want.

When using Zodiac Beasts in other slots make sure to set their SEQ and SHP accordingly (Arute, etc)

(This should've been it's own thread in the help section)

Kaijyuu

nitwit

Jumza

Just copy Choto's Hamedo Fix Hack into an XML file in the same directory as your FFTOrgasm program and you can use it

reversebustersword

August 06, 2015, 09:41:42 pm #96 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:09:12 am by reversebustersword
Hi, I'm trying to figure how to save changes to fftpatcher for fft wotl. I'm trying to get choasbringer. I'm in the beginning of ch.4

nvm, I figured it out

mcabel

in FFT Patcher, in Ability tab, Is "chance to learn" % textbox is for your characters?
I know that if I have a black mage and someone hits me with fira I have a chance to learn it.

1-This text box has a %, so is this percent the chance I have to learn it when damaged in battle or is this for the chance an enemy has to learn it when randomly generating  ? (if it's not the % I have for learning an ability, how do I modify that?)

2- I'm aware there are spells like ultima that can also be learned, but work with the text box "learn on hit" which I assume is a different mechanic?

3-I notice there are other non spell abilities in this tab, besides some summons, ultima and other spells, does the vanilla game support learning abilities when hit?

Jumza

Quote from: mcabel on October 19, 2015, 01:36:09 am

in FFT Patcher, in Ability tab, Is "chance to learn" % textbox is for your characters?
I know that if I have a black mage and someone hits me with fira I have a chance to learn it.

1-This text box has a %, so is this percent the chance I have to learn it when damaged in battle or is this for the chance an enemy has to learn it when randomly generating  ? (if it's not the % I have for learning an ability, how do I modify that?)

2- I'm aware there are spells like ultima that can also be learned, but work with the text box "learn on hit" which I assume is a different mechanic?

3-I notice there are other non spell abilities in this tab, besides some summons, ultima and other spells, does the vanilla game support learning abilities when hit?

First: You do not have a chance to learn Fira in vanilla when hit with it, you can tell because the box labeled 'Learn on Hit' would be checked. The % chance to learn is for enemy units, the game checks to see (for example, a black mage) if it has enough JP to learn the first skill in the skillset, Fire. If it does, it'll randomly be put into the skillset based on that percentage. You'll see about 90% of wizards have Fire because of it's low JP cost and 90% chance to learn.

I don't think that Learn on Hit chance is tied to Chance to learn. (Keyword being think :P)

Any ability with the box Learn on Hit checked will allow you to sometimes learn that ability when an enemy (or I think any AI controlled unit?) hits you with it. This will indeed work for more than summon magic and Ultima.

Hopefully that answers your questions!

mcabel

Thanks for your reply

I might have misunderstood a faq I read somewhere or something~
Now it makes sense.