• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:41:13 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT: ASM'D main info/discussion

Started by philsov, October 11, 2009, 04:38:12 pm

Sephirot24

October 15, 2009, 07:19:45 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Woah... I see this is gonna be quite spoof-heavy!
Ambitious project here! ^^

FFH references FTW! A nice balance / ASM / spoofpatch.

Dome

October 15, 2009, 07:28:22 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
One of the enemies at the start of the game should be either Completeboy/Algus/Me/PSP7master saying stupid things like
We will steal the princess and we doesnt afraid!!!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

philsov

October 15, 2009, 07:38:41 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quotewe doesnt afraid!!!

that quote is making it into this game when pigs soar, gracious and free, over the icy reaches of hell.

The FFH references will be quite few, and subtle.  But renaming the Orbonne crew will probably happen.  Stuff like Ramza saying "I could use the JP to unlock Knight" instead of "I am no longer a Knight" is the type of 4th wall I'll be cracking at.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Sephirot24

October 15, 2009, 07:51:47 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Oh, serious spoofing. Spoof but with substance and sense, I like that :)

EDIT: Many Ss xD ssSSssSSSSsSsssssssssssssssssss

RavenOfRazgriz

October 15, 2009, 08:00:48 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "philsov"
Quotewe doesnt afraid!!!

that quote is making it into this game when pigs soar, gracious and free, over the icy reaches of hell.

So you'll add that in if I can beat Altima with a Wildbow in my party?

Awesome.

DarthPaul

October 15, 2009, 08:27:13 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "RavenOfRazgriz"
Quote from: "philsov"
Quotewe doesnt afraid!!!

So you'll add that in if I can beat Altima with a Wildbow in my party?

Awesome.

If that quote makes it into the game I'm killing Philsov.......or Dome whichever seems to deserve it more at the time.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

RavenOfRazgriz

October 15, 2009, 08:30:16 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
This could probably get really polished up since I'm doing it rather quickly, but going in completely blind of what you want to do in terms of spoofing, I had this idea.

-Outside Orbonne Monastery, confronting "Lezales' Team"-

Agrias: The crest of Hacktics!? What's wrong with Zodiac!? He's such an idiot! Does he want to start another theism debate!?

Dome (Lezales): We will steal the princess and we doesnt afraid of anything!  Now do a barrel roll or my blade shall scar that... amazingly hot... noseless face...

[The black knight and the two squires comes out to help Agrias
and the others.]

Gafgarion: This is a pretty shitty idea dude. Play FFT, but with a bunch of no-names from the internet mary-sueing themselves into the game. WOOOO. I can't contain my excitement!

[Agrias steps forward.]

Agrias: Ugh... another fanboy... he probably looks up naughty pictures of me on Google too...

Gafgarion: Who would want to look up those kinds of pics of a stuck up bitch like you? Rad, Ramza! Follow me!! Kill all these weeaboo bastards!

Agrias: Nonsense! I need to kill them so I can send a message to these freaks! Else Zodiac will keep sanctioning these creepy bastards!

Gafgarion: Like I said... who would want to see racy pics of a bitch like this anyway?

--------------------------------------------------

IDK, random and halfassed, but I think it can be made rather funny with a bit of elbow grease that I currently can't put into it.

philsov

October 15, 2009, 09:21:40 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
No, the main bad guy is still goltana.  The main plot is going to stay identical, it's just all becoming a bit self-aware and absurd.

//Message x01
{font:08}Agrias{br}
{font:00}The crest of the Black Lion!?{br}
{br}
What's wrong with Prince{br}
Goltana!?{br}
He's such an idiot!{br}
Does he want to start a war!?{end}

//Message x02
{font:08}Goltana Knight{br}
{font:00}Knave! There's no point{br}
in resisting!{br}
It's our entire force of Nanten,{br}
versus six underleveled knaves!{br}
I'm sure the outcome will be spectacular!{end}

//Message x03
{font:08}Gafgarion{br}
{font:00}Fool!{br}
Only idiots attack head on!{end}

//Message x04
{font:08}Agrias{br}
{font:00}Aren't you about to {br}
attack head on?{end}

//Message x05
{font:08}Gafgarion{br}
{font:00}Now is not the time for{br}
semantics!{br}
Rad, {Ramza}!{br}
Follow me!!{end}

or stuff like this:

Outside the castle, later...

ALGUS: ...My family was once respected like the Beoulves. My
grandfather was captured during the Fifty Year War... He sold
his friends out to the enemy to save himself. But, as he left
the castle, he got stabbed in the back by a cadet just like
myself. One of my grandfather's friends managed to escape and
spread the story around. Of course my father didn't believe
it, but everyone else did, they deserted him...

DELITA: Summary. Now.

ALGUS: I'm a wanker.

RAMZA: That's better.

VOICE OF YOUNG GIRL: Delita!

DELITA: Teta!

RAMZA: Alma, Zalbag!

ALGUS: Algus!

RAMZA: ...Algus?

ZALBAG: I heard how you beat the thieves in Gariland. That's
worthy of a Beoulve. I'm sure father would've been pleased
with you.

RAMZA: So stabbing things until they die is the way of the Beoulves?

ZALBAG: You know it.

RAMZA: Rock on.

TETA: Delita, I'm glad you're doing well.

DELITA: And you also. How is your schooling?

TETA: Fine. Everyone is so nice to me...

ALMA: Why must you turn this castle into a house of LIES, Teta?

TETA: Oh you shut up.

ZALBAG: Excuse me, but I must go hunt some thieves.

RAMZA: Yee haw!

ZALBAG: The death corps want a ransom.

RAMZA: How large?

ZALBAG: A billion gil.

ZALBAG: True. We could pay easily, but we're arrogant bastards. Oh wait, one more thing...our messenger hasn't returned yet.

RAMZA: What did you say?

ZALBAG: Nevermind. Guarding a castle is boring work, don't you think? *Winks*

ALGUS: I think he likes me!

DELITA: Teta, I have to go now...

RavenOfRazgriz

October 15, 2009, 10:18:50 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Lol @ the second one.  Definitely use that.

Like I said, mine was rough/quick.  It could keep Agrias' first line the same and probably work fine.  Though yours is better, I think.

I also realized I forgot to specify in my version that Lezales (Dome) was supposed to be a naked Martial Arts Knight and be killed by a first turn Chaos Blade / Holy Explosion for insolence and lulz.  Probably would've made it make more sense, damn.  

Yours work well, though.

Sephirot24

October 16, 2009, 01:51:00 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Hey Phil, will you release it without Spoofs later? So we can playtest and see if all the gameplay changes are good to go or need further tweaking. In theory some things might sound fine, but in practice lies the truth :P

philsov

October 16, 2009, 01:56:53 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
If I can get one or two decidated volunteers, looking for specific things, yes.  Me posting it randomly out and getting feedback like "I beat it" is rather wasteful.

imo the gameplay changes are fine, regarding the new evasion setup with both C.Ev. and weapon guard.  Potential changes to Item just need a check to see how the AI handles them.  My primary concern are the fights themselves maintaining the same dynamic.  

Take Barius Valley for example.  Will Agrias need to be placed closer to the party?  Does the enemy need to shift any?

Does any enemy need to be setup differently?  Having a melee-based unit in the back of the map may be a waste due to how long it'll take him to get into action.  Is their initial placement enabling them to be effective?  etcetcetc.

I'm almost positive I'll have to somehow tweak Zaland >_<.

Sephirot24

October 16, 2009, 02:08:41 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Ok. I know what you mean. I can volunteer to test if you want, as of now I have some free time. Take into account that I don't know how to use any hacking programs though (but if you need me to use FFTPatcher or whatever to speed up the testing process you can give me some pointers and I'll do it). If not, at least I can give you complete, objective reviews on any battle I play (not some shitty "I just beat Sweegy swamps, it was easy").

If you feel that I can be of help then PM me or whatever. If not, I can understand :P

EDIT: oh, you edited your post, I didn't see that. Well, so you basically want to see how battles fare with the new gameplay mechanics so that all the battles behave the same (as they behave with normal gameplay)?

philsov

October 16, 2009, 02:15:44 pm #72 Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:22:48 pm by philsov
Oh, you can.  consider this your tapping.

I'll post something up or PM you or something in a week or so once I hammer out some finer mechanics points relative to speed like actual speed growth figures, ability CTR, and status duration(!).  

Plus stuff like wtf I'm going to do about daggers.  They need something to warrant being equipped.  Else thieves/ninjas will default to ninja swords and chemists/mediators will default the guns.  +1 Sp was a great move but being able to double up on em is too much.

Sephirot24

October 16, 2009, 02:21:26 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Cool. This will be my 1st real contribution to the site ^^

philsov

October 16, 2009, 02:31:10 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteEDIT: oh, you edited your post

I do that to about half my posts after immediately posting them.  :p

But yes, I'm more interested in the range/movement ripple effect than anything else at this point.  Using golgarond as an example (4th gameplay video, featuring the best audio of all time), the time mages have ranged abilities so they're fine starting quite away from the group.  That monk on the top is a lame duck and needs to be altered -- either given a better equip/movement to make him more mobile or simply relocated to elsewhere on the map.  The female archers can swap between the lancer-type and archer-type for probably higher effectiveness.  Two monks on the ground should be fine, though the farther one might get a longer-range secondary.

edit:  And also any enemy that was forced into weapon guard will obviously be looking for a new reaction, though many lower-tiered reaction may suffice.  Additionally looking to insert the new auto-potion and ?counter spinfist? into many-a-foe :).  And oh god I've created a monster.

RavenOfRazgriz

October 16, 2009, 02:40:03 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "philsov"But yes, I'm more interested in the range/movement ripple effect than anything else at this point.  Using golgarond as an example (4th gameplay video, featuring the best audio of all time), the time mages have ranged abilities so they're fine starting quite away from the group.  That monk on the top is a lame duck and needs to be altered -- either given a better equip/movement to make him more mobile or simply relocated to elsewhere on the map.  The female archers can swap between the lancer-type and archer-type for probably higher effectiveness.  Two monks on the ground should be fine, though the farther one might get a longer-range secondary.

Can't the upper Monk be given Ignore Height?

I didn't check him, but my one attempt at Golgorand so far on Easytype makes me think it was removed.

Also I can probably test this as well, if you like.

philsov

October 16, 2009, 03:02:52 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
he could, yes.  In fact in earlier versions of 1.3 he had ignore height.  But I bitched about it a lot, and maybe others did to, because having said monk up in your face on the first turn was too much. So he got jump+2 which let him hop down to the gallows for a second round attack... but that hop requires 3 movement, which'll only happen if I give him move +1 and spike shoes.  Or I can do something like give him elemental, or equip gun + romanda gun, or something.  There's a lot of juggling possible.  

edit:  and in addition to fumbling with reactions I also need to toggle around movement slots in the ENTD.  So... this might take closer to two weeks, depending how industrious I'm feeling.  Either way I'll let you both know.

RavenOfRazgriz

October 16, 2009, 03:18:08 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: "philsov"he could, yes.  In fact in earlier versions of 1.3 he had ignore height.  But I bitched about it a lot, and maybe others did to, because having said monk up in your face on the first turn was too much. So he got jump+2 which let him hop down to the gallows for a second round attack... but that hop requires 3 movement, which'll only happen if I give him move +1 and spike shoes.  Or I can do something like give him elemental, or equip gun + romanda gun, or something.  There's a lot of juggling possible.

Spike Shoes and Move +1 seems like it'd do since it seems a bit early to chuck Germinas Boots on him.

Elemental from a Monk seems like it would end up being weak (since MA affects the formula more than PA, iirc), so the only worry would be him landing multiple petrify procs if the units under the bridge aren't faster than him.   Seems kinda silly.

Equip Gun + Romanda Gun would be cool, but that seems to defeat the purpose of him being a Monk.

I'd say just go with either Spike Shoes and Move +1 or Ignore Height to let him get in range.  I almost want to say be a real dick, and give him Ignore Height, Concentrate, and Counter Spin Fist, but that'd be ridiculously douchebaggy even if quite lulz worthy.

Sephirot24

October 16, 2009, 03:31:03 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Make him a female archer, but with a crossbow. Else move+1 and Spike shoes are ok. Ignore height.. is too much. This battle is my curse, always the 1st battle I have trouble with T_T

philsov

October 16, 2009, 03:53:41 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
first post updated to include proposed changes to reactions/movement abilities, changes to some items, and new status durations.