• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

PX_Timefordeath

Thanks mav, I'm hoping for these to look as awesome as the other ones.

mav

Thanks, PX.

I still haven't made much progress, but I figured I'd post a preview of the next sprite that will get the palette treatment. The Dancers! Take a look:
[attachment=0:17me2d5g]dancerspreview.png[/attachment:17me2d5g]

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

mav

Awesome. Thanks for testing it out, man. I'll insert the Dancers tomorrow and hopefully the Lancers too. I haven't updated the Priests yet. Oi, I'm gonna fall way behind.

mav

Dancers complete. BMP file attached.
[attachment=0:3w2h8nre]ODORI_W.BMP[/attachment:3w2h8nre]

FFMaster

How do I convert the BMP's to .SPR?

Sorry, I am a complete noob at spriting.

mav

Quote from: "FFMaster"How do I convert the BMP's to .SPR?
It can be done through ShiShi. Actually, I could post the .SPRs from now on . I just completed the male and female Priests (palettes were designed ages ago, I just never got around to applying them with Zodiac's Palette Editor or inserting them into ShiShi). If you can wait a while, I'll get finish up what I've designed so far and upload the .shishi file. That file should include the Dancer, male Thief, male Ninja, female Ninja, male Priest, female Priest, male Knight, female Knight, male Mediator, male Samurai, female Samurai, male Monk, female Monk, male Wizard, female Wizard, and male Lancer. I still have to create and insert the palettes for those last three.

Next to be designed are the female Thief and Bard.

Anyways, enjoy and test the attachments:

FFMaster

I get problems when importing Male Priest into ShiShi.

EDIT: Don't worry about uploading as .spr now, I can use .bmp. =)

EDIT2

The wiki says these were completed, but I can't find them anywhere. If anyone has them, can they upload them for me?

Knight (Female)
Wizard (Male)
Wizard (Female)

mav

I'll get the Wizards up tomorrow. I have the female Knight right here though, I guess I forgot to upload it. I dunno what's up with the male Priest. I'll see if I get any errors whenever I test it out.

FFMaster

A small test using CT5Holy's current team (since they used Knights)

I'm going to try my hand at palette editting, but don't expect much. I am a terrible artist.

FFMaster

Oh, I am also missing Female Ninja.

FFMaster

I am now getting the error for both Knight palettes as well now. I only just noticed as I was going back through.

mav

August 08, 2010, 12:50:01 pm #154 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:22:30 pm by mav
Oi, that ain't good. This error's appearing in ShiShi, right? I'll upload my .shishi file later tonight and we'll see if the error exists there. Alternatively, I can upload the .pal (or whatever the extension is) for the palettes, and they can be applied through GraphicsGale.

Here are the female Ninja files:

mav

Male Lancer is complete. SPR and BMP attached.

EDIT: Male Wizard is complete. SPR and BMP attached.

EDIT 2: Female Wizard is complete. SPR and BMP attached. Feel free to download and test everything. I've also attached the .shishi file for instant convenience. I hope it's not too messed up.

I'll create new palettes for the female Lancer later today.

FFMaster

Ok, the problem is fixed. It seems that I have to upload the BMP's. I get problems with .spr for some reason. Thanks for the .shishi though, it saves a bit of time.

EDIT: editting palettes is too hard for me. I'll leave it to the pros.

mav

Haha, it's a skill that just takes a little bit of time to get used to. If you have any suggestions on current palettes or what you'd like to see, let me know. I didn't get a chance to create the new palettes today. I'll see what I can whip up tomorrow. The female Lancer has a lot of potential to be messed up, so I'm gonna try and be extra careful with this one.

mav

As promised, the new palettes for the female Lancers. Give me a lot of input, cause these ones were a little more challenging than the others.
[attachment=0:1kqxns0d]flancerspreview.png[/attachment:1kqxns0d]

FFMaster

I think White and Purple are too similar. I got kind of confused when I first saw them.