• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:04:37 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Seushiro's Sprites... Redoing some sprites

Started by Seushiro, August 19, 2009, 12:12:50 am

Seushiro

Even for a rough draft you still got your fundamentals stuck into you still good even as a WIP. I will kidnap that hair and fix my Natsu Portrait with it cause it is perfect for it.

I already reduced the colors to 16 and made some hair layer adjustments but I'm still not done. I wanna keep on working on this to practice more. I also read Smash's advice just like the Alucard portrait to take note of where the hair starts to change in the face. So I made this matching those areas (the Chin itself, the Sideburns past the chin line, the major bangs above the shades, start of eyebrows) other stuff I may find too.

Seushiro

Having such a hard time with the Reno (attached update) and Genesis sprite so I took a break to relax a bit and wait for the vibes to come to me. SO right now I am basically messing with the Tiamat sprite and mashed it with Charizard to make a Bahamut sprite with only 3 walking animations except all those sprites in game have no hands :mad: .... it will be tough

jimmyjw88

April 14, 2014, 12:17:05 pm #602 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:22:07 pm by jimmyjw88
Those lines don't match bahamut's angle. (Well, if the arms are blocking then I guess it wouldn't matter.)

Try to take another crack on port, unfortunately looks nothing like Genesis. Lol.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Jimmy's right about Bahamut's arms, just put right arm to the right a few pixels and it will look better.

I tried doing some tweaks on Genesis jair, but this bitch is definitly making it hard, haha. Try tweaking Jimmy's portrait more, it's a nice start.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Seushiro

April 15, 2014, 10:10:16 am #604 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:16:01 pm by Seushiro
Quote from: Kagebunji on April 14, 2014, 01:32:03 pm
I tried doing some tweaks on Genesis hair, but this bitch is definitly making it hard, haha.

Yep exactly :) For the portrait nah I'll just get more references to fix mine but I will steal Jimmy's collar there on Genesis. It looks like someone else as he said ahaha. Still it goes to my portrait workbench I love Jimmy's style in doing ports.

Well I cant access sprites at the office so out of boredom I did the Bravely default guys concepts by sheer knowledge of doing sprites which is from scratch. A lot of bad proportions are expected in this one but I will post it.

Also anybody still have the Firion Sprite but a fixed one??? I kinda wanna complete it as I had begun my Hero of Light Sprite and want to finish them both. I already have the Front walking animations for the hero of light done but the cloth under his armor on the legs need to sway while walking.... or not :)

azavier

April 15, 2014, 11:22:43 am #605 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:28:24 am by Elric
The yuna one is the one i want so bad ! Please finish that one lol

Seushiro

April 15, 2014, 12:00:10 pm #606 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:17:46 pm by Seushiro
Which Yuna are you looking forward to? The gunner or Summoner? If it is the Summoner that one is possible to do cause of colors (and the lame excuse since it has an existing portrait in the MegaRef by Lijj).

EDIT: Did an Armored Chocobo cause I promised myself so many times I would. Only Helmet and Chest piece so far need to do Wing Pads. This was also inspired from the JOT5 Ramza thus his colors for the Blue Materias embedded and 3 of the 5 shades of Armor Metal.

3lric

Holy fuck, I've wanted a armored chocobo FOREVER. Glad to see someone finally take up the task, good luck!
  • Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Seushiro

I think I over did it and went a bit gothic/ dark style on it that only Gaffy would be proud... suggestions?

Kagebunji

Make it's face back to the first version, looked better. It's pretty dark, yeah, but it doesn't bother me at all. From the two chocobos presented above, I would choose the one on the left.

Bravely Default characters are clearly made from scratch as you mentioned, and there would be a lot of fixes required. It's funny you did those the moment I started watching an LP of the game, haha.

That Warrior of Light is from some japaneese concept? It could use some simplifying, since it's hard to tell what is what in the small view.

Genesis...well his back hair is an annoying cunt, but what to do, ey.

Yuna is really thin, kinda dsproportional. There was once a Yuna concept floating around which could help you out. I would ditch the white details on dress for now, small detail which isn't working at the moment.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

In my personal opinion, I feel that's way too much armor. Feels like chocobo is completely covered.

Twinees

It's great to see you come up with so many new things to look at. I'm really liking your Goku sprite the most out of all of these so far.
If you are struggling with Genesis's hair, just start all over from scratch and begin his hair anew. Its sometimes best to try again using a different base. You've got the Dante sheet right there, why not use his hair as base? :)

Bravely Default characters: Watch out with some of your placement of feet, hand and head positions. Its quite important to make sure that each has the right proportion to each other and such. This is most noticeable on Edea, she looks quite hunched over (this is the same for Yuna)!

Chocobo: It looks rather... robotic. Considering the only real piece of robot technology in FFT is Worker 8, maybe look at some knights armour from medieval ages and try to base the armour on that instead. And keep an eye on your shading particularly for this, if you compare the original chocobo to your current, the lighting on the armour should be very different.

Great start with all of them though, interested to see more :)

Seushiro

April 20, 2014, 10:34:01 am #613 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:32:00 am by Seushiro
I decided to rework the Armored Chocobo from scratch the best is to make it look like Delita's Plated Chocobo but I will need more references for that.

2nd update:
I was able to complete my Reno sprite but instead of doing the head swaps for Olan (Tseng) and the Warjilis sailor (Rude) I figured I would have tons to fix so I'll do it in the coming week.

3rd Update: Using Zalbaag and Cavalier (Smash) I made my own rendition of the Warrior of Light and impressed myself with the Walking animations. I am 1/4 done with the attack animations so this will take time. Only when I finish this will I further dive in to doing Firion... So right now one Final Fantasy at a Time

4th Update: Snooping with in game palettes I decided to fix Squall again and not just recolor but update the portrait done by Jimmy to have less bushy brows, normal level of scar depth and length, a hair cut, and his Smug face.

EDIT: Thanks for finishing the Squall Port Jimmy now updated

jimmyjw88

April 20, 2014, 11:56:03 am #614 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:44:33 pm by jimmyjw88
1-The armor chocobo looks much clean and better than previous attempt. I like it, though I would like to see them in lighter & shiny armour shades.

2-In my opinion, that red on Reno's portrait is bit saturated. Try use Kage's Succubus red. Also, what happened to his brows??

3-For Squall's portrait, try not to use all the shades on his forehead. It's giving the blurry effect. Use only necessary shades to make it look sharp and detailed. Also, there shouldn't be a straight dark line under his chin to his neck.

4-In my opinion, Hero of Light portrait (from Dissidia) need quite some refining to do. I'll leave it to the pros.

Seushiro

Thanks for the feedback Jimmy I will work from scratch with the Chocobo and would appreciate your crits again when it happens. I want to try something more of leather straps first and no metal plating for it.

For the Reno portrait I just followed the brows on the advent children references and got to that. His eyes reach out more than the brows so I did the same, but yeah I could shape it more. I will give the hair recolor a try thou since that is quick and easy and edit the posted sheet.

For the Squall Portrait can you fix it up please? It is originally your's Jimmy so you know its needs and fixes more than I do. Looking at it much closer I saw the forehead blur you mentioned and I admit I am lazy to fix that one ahaha.

I don't think I will be touching it up again for now. I must keep focused and finish FFI-FFVI main guys sheets before my inspiration to finish em dies :) Thus I'm leaving that to the Pros too!

jimmyjw88

April 21, 2014, 07:18:37 am #616 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:47:33 am by jimmyjw88
Yea, leather strap is good too. I like to see that as well.

I may try give another whoop on Reno's port when I'm free.

Here's some minor fixes for Squall.

EDIT: Add x1 size

Twinees

I will make some edits to the Hero of Light shortly and edit this post to show you some places that could do with some clean up :).

I much prefer Jimmy's original colours for Squall, the current are a bit too saturated in my opinion.

Haha, got to it before you could Jimmy :P. Hopefully this is some help for the Reno portrait.

jimmyjw88

Damn! That's way better than what I had in mind! Hah. Definitely help a lot, Twin. :)

I'm looking forward to learn from the pro on Hero of Light edits. :P

Seushiro

April 21, 2014, 09:11:58 am #619 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:10:57 am by Seushiro
"Leave it to the pros" I love you guys for your skills. Now I'm excited for the Hero of light!

edit: Jimmy would you mind sharing to me the small size version so I could update Squall?

I would like to give a big thanks to Twinees as he made the revised look and an awesome portrait. Also cause of that I noticed I did not update the Attack Water animations front/back so here it is.